Ikpeazu on Davis

Barcelona72

Official Ticketer
This he is just woeful, he tried to tackle him on his left foot when the ball is on his right. A pish player. Still probably should've been a red, pretty much any other league it's a red

While not as bad Whelan's challenge on Davis in the 90th is actually designed to hurt him. 5 nil down, Davis is turning towards his own goal, game is pretty much over, whelan charges full pelt through davis, with no intent to take the ball. That is malice
Ye I thought that was a worse tackle. Definitely looked as if he went in to try and hurt Davis.

bkerr72

He goes down very very easily for a big guy, eh?
He had a cheek to look for a penalty after he slipped in the box in the first half. He is utterly hopeless just a big lump of a guy that's all.

His tackle was frustration from losing the ball and I think the ref got it right probably only 1 of a couple of decisions that he got right in the game.

Ye I thought that was a worse tackle. Definitely looked as if he went in to try and hurt Davis.
Yeah, because it isn't a big raking slide tackle, people aren't picking up on it as much. You can clearly see the Whelan challenge hurts Davis more. That tackle was a yellow card every day of the week and our players got booked for far less in that game. Ref literally just couldn't be arsed writing more in his book and report, as it was the 90th minute and wouldn't effect the game.

I'd be surprised if Davis isn't on the bench against Aberdeen, took a few knocks yesterday and will definitely be feeling it today.

Barcelona72

Official Ticketer
Yeah, because it isn't a big raking slide tackle, people aren't picking up on it as much. You can clearly see the Whelan challenge hurts Davis more. That tackle was a yellow card every day of the week and our players got booked for far less in that game. Ref literally just couldn't be arsed writing more in his book and report, as it was the 90th minute and wouldn't effect the game.

I'd be surprised if Davis isn't on the bench against Aberdeen, took a few knocks yesterday and will definitely be feeling it today.
After the Ikpeazu tackle he shook hands with him.After Whelans I was expecting him to have to go off with an injury,you could see it hurt him.

BroxburnBear

An absolutely atrocious tackle that gets worse each time I see it. Regardless of the intent a guy of his size could have caused horrific long-lasting damage. Jack (or Morelos) does similar and the red card is out of the pocket in a flash.

Helander gets booked for a 50-50 not long after which says a lot about the calibre of our current refs.

Raffles

He's a dirty big bastard. Astonishing that some on here had no issues with his signing, nothing more than a shite Christian Nade.
He is definitely a dirty bastard.
I posted after the last game at Tynecastle that I counted 4 separate yellow card offences committed by him.
The tackle on Davis was horrendous. Targeting his standing leg was deplorable, should have been a straight red and a lengthy ban for the intent

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer
It was a yellow , wasn’t a leg breaking challenge at all was a painful one at the back of the leg/heal area , hows he’s made it to play professionally I’ll never know.

usbear

Those saying it was a yellow are at it

He knew what he was doing

And even if he didn't how many times have we heard intent doesn’t matter...it’s the level of danger

mark hateley

Christ imagine the big chap being introduced as your new cellmate.

I'm sure Nade once knocked f.uck out of Ian Black so that's a tick against his name. We should ask him to do the half-time draw some time just for that.
Hes actually smaller than I thought (I am a tall man tho).

He wasnt lifting heavy weights strangely enough as you expect from a bigger man.

skorn

Those saying it was a yellow are at it

He knew what he was doing

And even if he didn't how many times have we heard intent doesn’t matter...it’s the level of danger
I must admit that when I first saw it, I thought it was a yellow.

But the replay makes it clear that it was the STANDING leg (you know, the one that ISN'T anywhere near the ball) that was targetted.

Reckless and dangerous.
Davis was very lucky that it didn't take him out of that game, and maybe a few more as well.

Red card.

Thasunke Witko

Should have been a straight red. Was an awful tackle. Straight leg, studs up, above the ankle and from behind.
That’s what made it bad, that it was cowardly from behind, not the only tackle like that yesterday and only one yellow brandished between them, Robertson is a cheatin bassa

gersfanal

I don't think he's dirty, it's more he's just a big clumsy player who is terrible with ball at feet with no timing at all, he's a big lump who doesn't control his body well.

To think some folk wanted us to sign him. Terrible player.
Intentionally clumsy makes him a dirty b-s---d !

Last edited:

Marc

Official Ticketer
Personally think he was their best player (yeah not saying much) ... but bringing the ball down from the air was superb.
Yeah maybe not a scoring threat but he gave our guys a good game at the back and worked hard.
Yes, I’m one of those that would’ve been ok seeing him as a 3rd choice striker

Texas ranger

From my seat in the Copland, those saying ‘clumsy’ are being very generous. There was clear water between Davis playing the pass and the Hearts player flying into the tackle.
Apologies for the cliche, but if that was Morelos, there’d have been numerous angles shown on Sportscene.
I think on top of that he chased him down to get to him after losing out in the previous phase. A red card every day of the week.