Ikpeazu on Davis

nb_28

No mention of this on sportscene last night (surprise surprise)

Does anyone have footage of it? A lot more should be being made of this tackle as it was potentially a leg breaker and the ref was right in front of it.

Studs up, late and from behind. Not a red card v Rangers....

He's a dirty big bastard. Astonishing that some on here had no issues with his signing, nothing more than a shite Christian Nade.

I don't think he's dirty, it's more he's just a big clumsy player who is terrible with ball at feet with no timing at all, he's a big lump who doesn't control his body well.

To think some folk wanted us to sign him. Terrible player.

It was not a good tackle at all and could possibly have been a red. There was a thread last week on the 2 st johnstone red cards v the sheep and i said the 2nd red they got was the standard tackle against us and wouldnt see a player sent off v us and it was very much like that tackle.

Think I really have to see it again as I’m pretty sure it was late and caught his standing foot. Quite surprised folk are saying it was only a yellow

It was a clumsy, frustrated challenge. I will back davis response to it, he just got up and got on with it. no drama.

now if that had been a player in blue making that challenge...hmmm

Scored the same number all season that Stewart scored in 5 minutes. And he makes Chris Sutton look like a concrete block in his ability to remain on his feet.

Poor tackle.

Hopefully the last time anyone mentions him for us. If he never had strength then he'd have absolutely nothing about him.

Holds it up and does nothing with the ball. Doesn't score much, doesn't bring other players into play and seems to want to shield the ball for 5 mins every time it comes near him.

Felt the yellow was correct at the time. More just the clumsiness of a poor footballer than anything else for me. Haven’t watched it back though

From my seat in the Copland, those saying ‘clumsy’ are being very generous. There was clear water between Davis playing the pass and the Hearts player flying into the tackle.
Apologies for the cliche, but if that was Morelos, there’d have been numerous angles shown on Sportscene.

Does the fact that it wasn’t intentional make it not a red?

It was an angry, reckless challenge nowhere near the ball that could have left Davis seriously injured. It’s a fücking red.

Clumsy challenge but no malice in it.
This he is just woeful, he tried to tackle him on his left foot when the ball is on his right. A pish player. Still probably should've been a red, pretty much any other league it's a red

While not as bad Whelan's challenge on Davis in the 90th is actually designed to hurt him. 5 nil down, Davis is turning towards his own goal, game is pretty much over, whelan charges full pelt through davis, with no intent to take the ball. That is malice

One of our players does that, red card. Anybody against us, yellow.
That’s the way it works in Scottish football and has for some time.

Does the fact that it wasn’t intentional make it not a red?

It was an angry, reckless challenge nowhere near the ball that could have left Davis seriously injured. It’s a fücking red.

If it’s a reckless challenge then it’s a yellow. That’s the rule.

I don't think he's dirty, it's more he's just a big clumsy player who is terrible with ball at feet with no timing at all, he's a big lump who doesn't control his body well.

To think some folk wanted us to sign him. Terrible player.
But dangerous when he's looking to hurt someone, like he was with Davis.

This he is just woeful, he tried to tackle him on his left foot when the ball is on his right. A pish player. Still probably should've been a red, pretty much any other league it's a red

While not as bad Whelan's challenge on Davis in the 90th is actually designed to hurt him. 5 nil down, Davis is turning towards his own goal, game is pretty much over, whelan charges full pelt through davis, with no intent to take the ball. That is malice
Ye I thought that was a worse tackle. Definitely looked as if he went in to try and hurt Davis.

He goes down very very easily for a big guy, eh?

He had a cheek to look for a penalty after he slipped in the box in the first half. He is utterly hopeless just a big lump of a guy that's all.

His tackle was frustration from losing the ball and I think the ref got it right probably only 1 of a couple of decisions that he got right in the game.

So any reckless challenge, regardless of how how dangerous or damaging, is only a yellow?

You’re reading too much into a single word choice

There are a number of factors to consider. The next step up is serious foul play.

Ye I thought that was a worse tackle. Definitely looked as if he went in to try and hurt Davis.

Yeah, because it isn't a big raking slide tackle, people aren't picking up on it as much. You can clearly see the Whelan challenge hurts Davis more. That tackle was a yellow card every day of the week and our players got booked for far less in that game. Ref literally just couldn't be arsed writing more in his book and report, as it was the 90th minute and wouldn't effect the game.

I'd be surprised if Davis isn't on the bench against Aberdeen, took a few knocks yesterday and will definitely be feeling it today.

Yeah, because it isn't a big raking slide tackle, people aren't picking up on it as much. You can clearly see the Whelan challenge hurts Davis more. That tackle was a yellow card every day of the week and our players got booked for far less in that game. Ref literally just couldn't be arsed writing more in his book and report, as it was the 90th minute and wouldn't effect the game.

I'd be surprised if Davis isn't on the bench against Aberdeen, took a few knocks yesterday and will definitely be feeling it today.
After the Ikpeazu tackle he shook hands with him.After Whelans I was expecting him to have to go off with an injury,you could see it hurt him.

An absolutely atrocious tackle that gets worse each time I see it. Regardless of the intent a guy of his size could have caused horrific long-lasting damage. Jack (or Morelos) does similar and the red card is out of the pocket in a flash.

Helander gets booked for a 50-50 not long after which says a lot about the calibre of our current refs.

He's a dirty big bastard. Astonishing that some on here had no issues with his signing, nothing more than a shite Christian Nade.

He is definitely a dirty bastard.
I posted after the last game at Tynecastle that I counted 4 separate yellow card offences committed by him.
The tackle on Davis was horrendous. Targeting his standing leg was deplorable, should have been a straight red and a lengthy ban for the intent

It was a yellow , wasn’t a leg breaking challenge at all was a painful one at the back of the leg/heal area , hows he’s made it to play professionally I’ll never know.

Back