Illegal stream organisation jailed for total of 17 years

Sky are paying huge amounts to the EPL for right to games, in fact it’s possibly propping up their whole business model, its only natural they will take steps to protect their revenue streams.

Further proof that our whole legal system is weighted towards financial crime.

I watched 24 hours in police custody last night and a paedo/drug dealer from Luton on the programme was caught with £160,000 from drug dealing and got 6 years. He was also found with 54,000 indecent images of children and got a further 18 months. I am absolutely speechless
I watched the programme as well and prior to sentencing I thought him and his brother were off to the pokey for 10 years minimum. In reality, the horrible drug dealing paedophile should have gone to jail for 30 years to protect children. To be handed down a sentence of 6 years in prison for his heinous crimes makes an absolutely mockery of the law, particularly when contrasted with 6 years + 4 months in prison for illegal streaming.

It’s not victimless though. My sky and bt subscriptions are higher because other people can’t be arsed to pay for the privilege. Britain is now a country riddled with entitlement.

Not quite feeling as sympathetic for Sky and BT ( who openly hate us) or your extra fiver a month compared to an abused child or the mother of a heroin addict.

Clearly the law sees things differently.

dfvltt.jpg
I have the same with Virgin but at £66 per month. Its all about negotiation skills. Good thing with Virgin is BT Sports in UHD (or whatever its called) For what I pay and get intertnet and phone with free calls and the TV sports stuff I reckon its good value.
If I keep paying no doubt some will get it free on streams.

lti million pound
I watched the programme as well and prior to sentencing I thought him and his brother were off to the pokey for 10 years minimum. In reality, the horrible drug dealing paedophile should have gone to jail for 30 years to protect children. To be handed down a sentence of 6 years in prison for his heinous crimes makes an absolutely mockery of the law, particularly when contrasted with 6 years + 4 months in prison for illegal streaming.
It's a multi million pound long fraud

It doesn’t work that way though mate. Greed is being driven at the top end of the game and people need to either accept it and pay for it or just be realistic and recognise if they can’t afford it or don’t want to pay the level being asked for. These companies are in the shit financially, relatively speaking. BT overpaid for the CL and Sky have been taken over. It’s not that they are creaming it for themselves.

The point is the vast majority of people that use illegal streams, etc. wouldn’t suddenly revert to sky or cable if they were to pay £80, instead of £100. They are doing it because they just don't want to pay. The companies then incur legal costs going after all of these companies/people doing what those in the OP do.
I wouldn't know where to start with illegal streams so I pay my Sky and BT. But if you think that every family can afford £80-100 for this you're mistaken. That's a lot for most families in the UK.

I wouldn't know where to start with illegal streams so I pay my Sky and BT. But if you think that every family can afford £80-100 for this you're mistaken. That's a lot for most families in the UK.
I’m not saying it’s not but why should those that can/do pay it have to pay more because others simply don’t want to pay. I repeat, Britain is beset by entitlement. Many of those who can afford to pay it are simply selfish and refuse to.

I’m not saying it’s not but why should those that can/do pay it have to pay more because others simply don’t want to pay. I repeat, Britain is beset by entitlement. Many of those who can afford to pay it are simply selfish and refuse to.
The one that gets on my tits is people who like music and movies and think it should be free. They will kill those industries. Yup, we have become the nation of entitlement. I must be naive but I presumed people who can afford it pay for it in order to get the quality.

The one that gets on my tits is people who like music and movies and think it should be free. They will kill those industries. Yup, we have become the nation of entitlement. I must be naive but I presumed people who can afford it pay for it in order to get the quality.
It's always annoyed me that they flooded the market with cheap clothing, now it's difficult to get decent quality

If you want to watch your team play in every live match the TV companies are allowed to show here in the UK, you currently need to have a subscription with Sky, BT, Premier Sport while also paying the BBC license fee. The undiscounted cost of this is around £60pm before you add in other 'requirements' some of these providers have.

If your abroad and want to watch similar amount of games, it's less than £200 equivilant for the whole year.

We can't even get to watch 3PM kickoffs, while the rest of the world can.

It's a crock of shit.

Killing the industry's ? Don't listen to the shite they tell you,go and have a look at the gross profits they make on all the big hitting movies,some running into hundreds of millions in profit.

It's also changed in the quality department from when you went to the Barras and paid a fiver for a vhs tape of a movie that was looking back terrible quality,now you can download movies in bluray quality and digital music,what puts people off is the price they want for a bluray or an album when half the tracks on it are shite and the bluray sits collecting dust after watching it.

What you have is a two tier system,the ones who can and the ones who can't, the ones who can't will always go down the illegal route and strangely even the ones who can pay for it will still try and get it for free.

Sky are just greedy bastards who sink most of their money into English football while offering an utter pittance for Scottish football and millions of that money comes from customers in Scotland and when you weigh it up,Scotland get's next to nothing.

I really couldn't care less about people downloading or trying to get things for free,It's just the way society is now and i'll also bet those saying it's wrong will have downloaded or have been given stuff they shouldn't have.

Does Sky sports actually draw punters in ? Was in my local a couple of weeks ago and Arsenal v Man U was on a d no one was actually that interested, the people that were in the pub would still have been there anyway !

You can pay £9.99 for Spotify, which gives music lovers access pretty much access to every song in the world. Yet people continue to stream musically illegally, reducing prices I agree will reduce people looking for illegal streams for sports but it won't stop it or anything close to it. People by nature will always look for cheaper alternatives.

I do agree though that TV subs are way too high, but ultimately this is the "fault" of the Sports not the TV companies.

I take it that Virgin price you quote includes, internet and phone? Surely you are not paying that just for the TV packages?
Hardly anyone streams or downloads music illegally, in fact the emergence of streaming services has almost obliterated illegal music downloads.

When was the last time anyone actually seen an mp3? Compare that to a decade ago and I had gigabytes worth of music. It’s a pain in the arse these days

It's funny, I know quite a few policemen who investigate this type of thing who also subscribe to various streaming websites via kodi for their sports...
I know a cop who was downloading shitloads of music and films and selling them on a few years ago, he was as bent as f.uck.

I know £5m is a lot of dough but almost seven and a half years in jail is a disgrace.

It’s not victimless though. My sky and bt subscriptions are higher because other people can’t be arsed to pay for the privilege. Britain is now a country riddled with entitlement.
U really think if this stuff didn't happen sky would drop their price?

Sky charge what they feel maximises turnover, and they will have carried out price elasticity modelling

Sky charge what they feel maximises turnover, and they will have carried out price elasticity modelling
Hence why some people will pay over £100 per month for a top teir package, while others get the exact same for half the price.

If the just flattened their price structure, maybe some people would take on more of their services legally....

Price elasticity modelling, factoring in freeloaders taking and not paying, ergo honest people paying more.

It’s a 5 million pound fraud. they deserve what they get.

People who stream illegally are stealing whether you like it or not, dress it up any way you want, compare it to other crimes byproducts you are still a thief.

Killing the industry's ? Don't listen to the shite they tell you,go and have a look at the gross profits they make on all the big hitting movies,some running into hundreds of millions in profit.

It's also changed in the quality department from when you went to the Barras and paid a fiver for a vhs tape of a movie that was looking back terrible quality,now you can download movies in bluray quality and digital music,what puts people off is the price they want for a bluray or an album when half the tracks on it are shite and the bluray sits collecting dust after watching it.

What you have is a two tier system,the ones who can and the ones who can't, the ones who can't will always go down the illegal route and strangely even the ones who can pay for it will still try and get it for free.

Sky are just greedy bastards who sink most of their money into English football while offering an utter pittance for Scottish football and millions of that money comes from customers in Scotland and when you weigh it up,Scotland get's next to nothing.

I really couldn't care less about people downloading or trying to get things for free,It's just the way society is now and i'll also bet those saying it's wrong will have downloaded or have been given stuff they shouldn't have.
It s a way a section of society is, the section that steals. Sky have 10 odd million subscribers so they vast majority are not breaking the law.

I used to pay £65 a month for Sky and around £10 for Setanta when it was around. My satellite dish in Croatia allowed me the luxury to pick up a fair selection of channels from the UK. When Sky moved to a new satellite the footprint would have required a 4 metre dish not the 1 metre dish I used.

Dumped the lot a few years back and went cable here. I now pay equivalent total of £15 a month (2 providers) for around 16 sports channels who show all Euro leagues bar Bundesliga. Get more live EPL games than you get in the UK, La Liga, Serie A, Dutch, Greek, Belgian, almost all leagues. Any SPFL game on Sky or BT is also shown live. Almost all Euro qualifiers are on live this weekend (even San Marino ffs!). Got the 6 Nations, F1, Moto GP, NHL, NBA, Tennis galore, etc. Granted commentary is in Croatian but I can live with that. I also pay an added €2 a month for Eurosports.

I used to pay £65 a month for Sky and around £10 for Setanta when it was around. My satellite dish in Croatia allowed me the luxury to pick up a fair selection of channels from the UK. When Sky moved to a new satellite the footprint would have required a 4 metre dish not the 1 metre dish I used.

Dumped the lot a few years back and went cable here. I now pay equivalent total of £15 a month (2 providers) for around 16 sports channels who show all Euro leagues bar Bundesliga. Get more live EPL games than you get in the UK, La Liga, Serie A, Dutch, Greek, Belgian, almost all leagues. Any SPFL game on Sky or BT is also shown live. Almost all Euro qualifiers are on live this weekend (even San Marino ffs!). Got the 6 Nations, F1, Moto GP, NHL, NBA, Tennis galore, etc. Granted commentary is in Croatian but I can live with that. I also pay an added €2 a month for Eurosports.

That is ridiculous value for money when you compare it to a UK subscription to get the same amount of content

That is ridiculous value for money when you compare it to a UK subscription to get the same amount of content
My total internet package that includes unlimited wifi, landline phone and the tv is around £45 a month (gives me around 100 other channels as well as sports package). The 'box' I have is free and installed/replaced for free if need be. My landline gives me 500 free minutes calls anywhere in Europe and 50 minutes free to North America. Suits us perfectly and very happy with it.
Mind you the missus complains about the cost of the sports package as she says I am always down the local cafe bar watching it on their tv :)

The court heard how broadcasters such as Sky TV lost more than £10 million pounds in revenue as a result of the scam.

Absolute bollox. That figure is based on all pubs using dodgy boxes having legitimate Sky in place.

The fact is that most would never have subscribed - so Sky didn't actually lose anything.

Shocking sentences and I'd be surprised if they didn't appeal.

Why should they not Pay?

What I meant was that if they didn't have a dodgy box then it doesn't necessarily mean they would legally subscribe.

The main issue is because of Skys way of pricing is based mainly on the rateable value of the pub - which in no way determines if a pub can afford the costs involved. There needs to be a way of making the pricing structure fairer.

I'm not saying using illegal is right but I can understand why people choose to use them.

Hardly anyone streams or downloads music illegally, in fact the emergence of streaming services has almost obliterated illegal music downloads.

When was the last time anyone actually seen an mp3? Compare that to a decade ago and I had gigabytes worth of music. It’s a pain in the arse these days

there's nothing in this post thats accurate.

Limewire 2002, ended up with Pam Am's sex tape; good times.

Last edited:
Done what? Watched pirate streams? Never mate. The wife (no pics) is a lawyer and is para about dodgy stuff. If you get convicted, there is a fair chance you can get struck off and lose your career.

The only time I have seen them is in a pub and even at that I didn’t go for that reason.

Fair play then mate, I assumed 90% that knew how to access them did. I understand why you wouldn't.

Fair play then mate, I assumed 90% that knew how to access them did. I understand why you wouldn't.
I am also a bit old fashioned when it comes to stuff. I feel the same about illegal streams as I do about the whole sense of entitlement, stuff like fans thinking they can just park at the supermarket, without shopping there and just go to the game, etc.

The old fashioned hard work ethic has gone and we now have far too many who just think the world owes them and they deserve everything laid on a plate and for free.

I've grown up with Napster then Limewire then torrents so probably see it differently.

Wouldn't say I lack work ethic though just cos I know how to get a few streams online.
Re the work ethic thing is more a societal thing, people working hard to afford what they could years ago, compared to people now just trying to take what they can (not being specific to you bud).

I am also a bit old fashioned when it comes to stuff. I feel the same about illegal streams as I do about the whole sense of entitlement, stuff like fans thinking they can just park at the supermarket, without shopping there and just go to the game, etc.

The old fashioned hard work ethic has gone and we now have far too many who just think the world owes them and they deserve everything laid on a plate and for free.

It’s an interesting argument about entitlement.
It’s also a pretty good moral discussion on the whole.

My one and only standpoint is that if a Rangers fan wants to watch the team play but can’t afford to because sky has decided to contribute towards paying jobbing EPL midfielders 80k a week and BT have gone balls out in a CL blind tender process?

I can’t bring myself to condemn him finding other means to do so.

And we can’t say “ah well in that case but others can and choose not to” because the problem is not “society” the problem is the pricing and insane levels of cash being thrown around TV and football boardrooms across Europe.

It’s an interesting argument about entitlement.
It’s also a pretty good moral discussion on the whole.

My one and only standpoint is that if a Rangers fan wants to watch the team play but can’t afford to because sky has decided to contribute towards paying jobbing EPL midfielders 80k a week and BT have gone balls out in a CL blind tender process?

I can’t bring myself to condemn him finding other means to do so.

And we can’t say “ah well in that case but others can and choose not to” because the problem is not “society” the problem is the pricing and insane levels of cash being thrown around TV and football boardrooms across Europe.
It is an interesting topic.

I do think the whole issue of broadcast rights needs looked at. Realistically, in this day and age, fans should be able to buy games or packages for sides, say for example a Rangers league package giving all league or domestic games for a certain amount. Even if the cost was £300-400 a year, most people would be able to afford it, especially if payments were weekly/monthly.

Re the work ethic thing is more a societal thing, people working hard to afford what they could years ago, compared to people now just trying to take what they can (not being specific to you bud).

I don't disagree (although my auld da is asking me to 'sort one of they fire sticks' for his watching & he's worked all his days so...)

In terms of football, if the product is good and people can see where the money is going they will pay of the premium service. However, with SKY and BT, SKY in particular, you can see your money flowing south of the border to fund a league of millionaires, whilst our own league and club starves itself to death.

I don't disagree (although my auld da is asking me to 'sort one of they fire sticks' for his watching & he's worked all his days so...)
Haha, something mildly amusing about that, despite the bigger argument.

I am 43 and am probably of the last generation before the real computer generations (although we had a rubber-keyed Spectrum from 1982 or so.

The sad thing is my old man worked all his days and being a sparky, ended up having to work away from home in his 50’s, for a couple of years as there just weren’t the jobs in Fife at the time. Consequently he had a mobile phone in the early days of mobile phones but would never have been on the internet. I find that sad in a way.

As I’ve said above, and the poster in Croatia has confirmed, we are being ripped off here.

People on the continent pay between €15 and €30 a month to watch pretty much every game, we get shafted for £60 a month with no 3pm’s.....

Back