Illegal stream organisation jailed for total of 17 years

I used to pay £65 a month for Sky and around £10 for Setanta when it was around. My satellite dish in Croatia allowed me the luxury to pick up a fair selection of channels from the UK. When Sky moved to a new satellite the footprint would have required a 4 metre dish not the 1 metre dish I used.

Dumped the lot a few years back and went cable here. I now pay equivalent total of £15 a month (2 providers) for around 16 sports channels who show all Euro leagues bar Bundesliga. Get more live EPL games than you get in the UK, La Liga, Serie A, Dutch, Greek, Belgian, almost all leagues. Any SPFL game on Sky or BT is also shown live. Almost all Euro qualifiers are on live this weekend (even San Marino ffs!). Got the 6 Nations, F1, Moto GP, NHL, NBA, Tennis galore, etc. Granted commentary is in Croatian but I can live with that. I also pay an added €2 a month for Eurosports.

The commentary is no good anyway as you can't hear it for you yelling at the TV usually :)):))

Illegal steaming would always go on but nowhere near to the same scale if the TV companies and leagues weren’t so greedy imo.

I know it all comes down to consumer choice but the Premier Sports/BT subscriptions are just a complete nonsense.

there's nothing in this post thats accurate.
Spotify 191million active users
Apple Music 56million active users
YouTube
Amazon Music
Deezer

But aye you’re right pal everyone’s still on a PC using a VPN downloading Metallica off Napster. Me and my pals are always sharing torrent files these days. Love that Bebo tae

Spotify 191million active users
Apple Music 56million active users
YouTube
Amazon Music
Deezer

But aye you’re right pal everyone’s still on a PC using a VPN downloading Metallica off Napster. Me and my pals are always sharing torrent files these days. Love that Bebo tae
Can you send me their new track through MSN messenger mate?

As I’ve said above, and the poster in Croatia has confirmed, we are being ripped off here.

People on the continent pay between €15 and €30 a month to watch pretty much every game, we get shafted for £60 a month with no 3pm’s.....

All about market demand.

There's a demand for UK football from UK fans. Firms can therefore charge a premium. You wouldn't be paying Sky Sports and BT sports prices if they didnt show UK football. It's why foreign TV rights don't bring in the same money as UK ones. They might bring in a decent amount but it's nowhere near domestic TV rights because the market in those countries is nowhere near as strong. We wouldn't pay the same for Bundesliga coverage as the Germans would - the market here for televised German football simply isnt as strong.

Long term the future of subscription sports channels is in doubt. You see that with the rise of Netflix. People will pay for content but they expect it to be on demand and to be more personal to them. Apple are setting up their own streaming service. Amazon already has Prime. It's entirely foreseeable that the future of sports coverage is streaming. Big American sports already sell their online offering to the world. I can order NFL or NHL's web streaming services. Thats the way football is heading and the global market will pick and choose from fewer providers who can negotiate rights on a global scale.

Back