"I'm john McKay"

So that's John McKay and Catriona Shearer from the newsreading fraternity who are bears.

I was an adult helper at the primary school Catriona went to. Her teacher was my wife and I’s best pal.
She went to the non denom primary in Shotts, the name escapes me at the moment.

Was surprised, didn't know he was a bear, until yesterday, when I passed by him leaving the stadium after the game.

A blue nose from Isle of Lewis, or his family were from Lewis and he is a blue nose, to fooking through grass is green.
Lived round the corner from me in Hillington, his parents are from Lewis. A few years above me at Penilee secondary, his brothers were Rangers fans but I don't remember him being much of a bear. Good lady's front bottom though

met his mate raman at a cricket match, introduced to me by his uncle, who was at my table , couldn't resist asking him why he referred to celtic as the hoops, said he was unaware he was guilty of this, pwick.

met his mate raman at a cricket match, introduced to me by his uncle, who was at my table , couldn't resist asking him why he referred to celtic as the hoops, said he was unaware he was guilty of this, pwick.

Calling them dirty pig bastards would be inappropriate for pre watershed tv.

Doesn't hide his support of the Gers, but he doesn't scream about it either. A wise man and a good bear.
Heard him interviewed on Radio one night years ago,when asked who his favourite team was said........'Hmm probably Chelsea, I always remember having posters of Peter Osgood and Alan Hudson on my wall when I was a young boy'

You can tell by looking at him that he comes from good stock. Also much prefer Raman to the weasel that does the sports news on the BBC.

Might not mean a lot to most but my old man hated people getting the spelling wrong .The Scottish spelling is Mackay .The Irish /Northern Irish is Mckay .Whenever people used to get the pronounciation wrong and say Makay it used to crack him up .Its MACKAY:mad:;)

He was a couple of years above me at Penilee Sec,his brother was in my year.
He was a right good footballer. Sure he was the captain of the school team.

He was a couple of years above me at Penilee Sec,his brother was in my year.
He was a right good footballer. Sure he was the captain of the school team.
Indeed he was. I went to both Hillington and then Penilee sec with him and was in the school teams with him.
large family...all good bluenoses.
Always wanted to be a journalist from a young age.

I remember him interviewing Cardinal Punch O'Pape and quite literally asking what he was going to do about abuse within his cult.

O'pape didn't know hwere to look and was visibly fuming....which was nice.

Oor John was loving it.

Might not mean a lot to most but my old man hated people getting the spelling wrong .The Scottish spelling is Mackay .The Irish /Northern Irish is Mckay .Whenever people used to get the pronounciation wrong and say Makay it used to crack him up .Its MACKAY:mad:;)

100 % agree. My middle name starts with Mac after my mother's maiden name and I remember my old grannie on that side telling folk who spelled it wrongly, 'I'm a Mac not a mick'

WATP

john-mackay-Image-014_zps2s9gmjpt.jpg

Back