" I'm not proud of my behaviour" Colin Stein

Jase

I thought the 3 goals in 4 minutes was against Hibs at Ibrox
in his 2nd game. I stand to be corrected it was a long time
ago.
Aye 50 odd years dulls the memory but his quick fire hat-trick was definitely up at Arbroath. I was standing behind the goal where he banged them in.

Midfield General

I had a good chat with Colin at the Braga game,he spoke in great detail of that game against Clyde at Ibrox.
Did he confirm how many times Eddie Mulhearn booted him before he retaliated.My recollection is Colin running with the ball towards the goal at the celtic end and Mulhearn kicked him from behind once,then a second and on the third time Colin retaliated.That was when the ref stopped play and sent him off.Mulhearnshould at least have been booked for the first tackle.

stein and johnston

I went through that day without my Ma and Da knowing and the atmosphere was spine tingling.

Still goes down as one of the best days in my life.

A simply sensational header I'll never ever forget.
It was some header mate..
Even the build up to the goal was amazing.. Sandy’s cute footwork that took two Hibs defenders out the game and the cross from McKean was sublime.. The perfect goal and a perfect day..
Happy Days :D

Ali59

Thanks for posting.
I was at the Hibs and Dundalk games and the unforgettable game against Clyde.
The punishment from the S.F.A was shocking .

mulguy1953

Did he confirm how many times Eddie Mulhearn booted him before he retaliated.My recollection is Colin running with the ball towards the goal at the celtic end and Mulhearn kicked him from behind once,then a second and on the third time Colin retaliated.That was when the ref stopped play and sent him off.Mulhearnshould at least have been booked for the first tackle.
I'm sure it was on the right hand side going towards the Rangers end & yes Mulhearon had a couple of boots at him before retaliating & the punishment dished out to Colin made sure he missed the run in for the league ( we were in a decent position) & the Scottish cup final.
Head man at the SFA/ SFL at that time Sir Robert Kelly of Celtic !!!!
50 years on not much changes

Jase

I had a good chat with Colin at the Braga game,he spoke in great detail of that game against Clyde at Ibrox.
I’d love to know his thoughts on that one.

Another fine example of Scottish refereeing. He let Mulheron kick Stein about six times in succession before Colin finally decided enough was enough and stiffened him.

southfork loyal

As others have said, Easter Road 1975. Will forever remember that day.
Spoke to Colin a few years back and the Eddie Mulhearn incident. Scandalous the suspension he received after being assaulted three times. Kept him out if the Cup Final.
Great player!

umop_3plsdn

Although I know who he is, I’m afraid he was slightly before my time. What player would you say he is comparable to, from recent history? (Doesn’t have to be a Rangers player).

Twosignals

Don't remember any clamour to get rid of Colin Stein, or indeed Wee Bud for their disciplinary records the way there is for Alfie?
True enough, if this was Now could you imagine the Liewells Republican Media, they would have had them, Hung Drawn and Quartered , for me FTP at the end, “DON’T PANIC” F****THE PRESS! Lol

StevenM

Good read that thanks OP. Met him in the Louden and he was more than happy to pose for photos. Seemed a nice big chap.

stonewall Jackson

I'm sure it was on the right hand side going towards the Rangers end & yes Mulhearon had a couple of boots at him before retaliating & the punishment dished out to Colin made sure he missed the run in for the league ( we were in a decent position) & the Scottish cup final.
Head man at the SFA/ SFL at that time Sir Robert Kelly of Celtic !!!!
50 years on not much changes
It was in the second half and on the main stand side going towards the celtic end. My Gramps and me always stood at stairway 3 as it was quieter. Mulhearn tried to do Stein in the first half as well.

Latest posts