" I'm not proud of my behaviour" Colin Stein

Anyone remember the Colin Stein scarves that were sold at the time? White background with his name in blue and wee red fringes at each end.

It’s worth noting that the hat-trick in his first game was scored over about 5 minutes.

We were making heavy weather against Arbroath until Stein took us from 2-1 to 5-1. Ended 5-2 and IIRC Arbroath got the first and last goals.

It’s worth noting that the hat-trick in his first game was scored over about 5 minutes.

We were making heavy weather against Arbroath until Stein took us from 2-1 to 5-1. Ended 5-2 and IIRC Arbroath got the first and last goals.

I thought the 3 goals in 4 minutes was against Hibs at Ibrox
in his 2nd game. I stand to be corrected it was a long time
ago.

I regular bump into him in my local Tesco. Just an ordinary guy in for his shopping . Probably 95% of the store don’t realise what a football legend he is.

Great read that. Rangers treated my terminally ill Grandpa to hospitality a few seasons ago, along with my Dad, brother and myself, and both Colin Stein and Willie Johnston couldn’t have been more welcoming and willing to chat about Rangers with him. He loved it and I’m glad we were able to get him to meet two of his heroes.

Two hat tricks away from home then a game at Ibrox. Don’t think i’ve Ever felt more excited pre match. Ibrox chokka And he delivered. Only (!) two goals this time but I had a new hero. Love at first sight.

My childhood hero , what a player.....

I met him at NARSA in Las Vegas in 2017 , had a brief chat with him & photos etc

I was like a starry eyed kid.....

Third game was against Dundalk and as was said scored 2 but a lot of people don't know he hit the post in that game. So could have been a triple hatrick in 3 games.

How could Colin Stein be anything other than a hero to the Rangers support?

I mean two hat-tricks followed by a double is the stuff of legend but what cemented his place in our hearts was his work rate. It mattered not if it was Cowdenbeath or Celtic, he covered every blade of grass on the pitch.

I had a good chat with Colin at the Braga game,he spoke in great detail of that game against Clyde at Ibrox.
Did he confirm how many times Eddie Mulhearn booted him before he retaliated.My recollection is Colin running with the ball towards the goal at the celtic end and Mulhearn kicked him from behind once,then a second and on the third time Colin retaliated.That was when the ref stopped play and sent him off.Mulhearnshould at least have been booked for the first tackle.

I went through that day without my Ma and Da knowing and the atmosphere was spine tingling.

Still goes down as one of the best days in my life.

A simply sensational header I'll never ever forget.
It was some header mate..
Even the build up to the goal was amazing.. Sandy’s cute footwork that took two Hibs defenders out the game and the cross from McKean was sublime.. The perfect goal and a perfect day..
Happy Days :D

Thanks for posting.
I was at the Hibs and Dundalk games and the unforgettable game against Clyde.
The punishment from the S.F.A was shocking .

Back