Image Uploading Turned Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranje

Has the ability to upload images directly to the forum been turned off? Keep getting an error message.

Too much bandwidth?

Can still use BB codes with externally hosted images but just throwing an error message up when I try and upload directly to the forum. It was a great, convenient feature.

probably because uploading files takes up space on the servers.
Where as linking to an image already on the web doesnt.

As someone who runs a few websites the hosting charges can get quite high when a lot of memory is used up. The memory usage on this site, even on the first couple of days must have been huge with all of the gifs and images getting uploaded.

If the files are hosted elsewhere then it doesn't use up any memory on here.

As someone who runs a few websites the hosting charges can get quite high when a lot of memory is used up. The memory usage on this site, even on the first couple of days must have been huge with all of the gifs and images getting uploaded.

If the files are hosted elsewhere then it doesn't use up any memory on here.

I'll be destrot if that instant upload feature has been permanently removed, not gonna lie.

It's also a security risk. I remember in the old days of IkonBoard and Invision Power Board there were exploits which allowed hackers to upload scripts, which essentially gave them control of the entire site...

sCbgemO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back