Imagine A year ago today someone said to you

On march 6th 2021 you beat st Mirren at Ibrox and with 6 game remaining the only way to lose the league would be on goal difference.

What do you think your response would be?

I've believed we've had better players than them for past couple of seasons, but we were unable to sustain our title challenge.

I certainly fancied us to win the league this season, but by this margin?

Not a chance.

I don’t think I’d be that surprised. I knew we weren’t too far away from putting up a proper challenge.

We all knew a Lennon meltdown was inevitable too

We knew we were close to ready last season, and it’s frustrating that we lost our way a bit after the winter shutdown.

our recruitment addressed the squad shortfalls and allowed a change to our formation and style of play, which has produced goals from more areas and made us defensively stronger.

and we’re not done yet! We’ll strengthen again in the summer, ready to defend our title and have a proper go at getting to the Champions League group stages.

winning the league by such a margin is more about our bragging rights, although I’m sure the players will enjoy the GIRFUY to the filth just as much as us

On march 6th 2021 you beat st Mirren at Ibrox and with 6 game remaining the only way to lose the league would be on goal difference.

And add in that the first of the 6 games is away to the scum where you can repeat May 2nd 1999.

I thought we would need 95 points minimum to win the league and expected us and the filth to win week after week, a bit like season 2002/03.

Turns out we kept our side of it by being consistently terrific but they weren't as good as I thought they were.

I stated this would be the case last year at this time. Unfortunately the search facility is not working on here or I would bring up the post :)

1 year ago today we were beaten 1-0 at home to Hamilton and after it my gut feeling was that Steven Gerrard was ready to walk away. So my answer would be "No chance, he will be off!"

Having said that though, I believed that last year any setbacks we had was a learning curve for the players and management team. Our recruitment since then has been absolutely key in why we have went on that unbeaten run and the setbacks although hard to stomach at the time has helped us become pretty formidable.

No Surrender.

It’s been an amazing year when you think about it. Celtic gifted a title that will forever have an asterisk after it then we have came back and been phenomenal and have cruised the league

I honestly thought that we would win the league this year, we played the better football last season but we were inconsistent lost our confidence and the manks took advantage, they thought all they had to was buy a few players and they would walk away with the ten, once we put them under pressure they didn't know what hit them, and they had no answer, as the season unfolded we were playing football they couldn't live with. So we have been outstanding the poets have been dross and got exactly what they deserved an absolute humping. Roll on 56,WATP.

A year ago I would have thought we'd need a higher turnover of players to win the league, was still behind the gaffer even after Hamilton/Tynecastle. Fair play to the entire squad for turning this around in such spectacular style.

I honestly thought that we would win the league this year, we played the better football last season but we were inconsistent lost our confidence and the manks took advantage, they thought all they had to was buy a few players and they would walk away with the ten, once we put them under pressure they didn't know what hit them, and they had no answer, as the season unfolded we were playing football they couldn't live with. So we have been outstanding the poets have been dross and got exactly what they deserved an absolute humping. Roll on 56,WATP.
I thought we would win it but not in such style. When Lennon came in we then had the best manager. Last season we had the best manager and best first 11. This season thanks to excellent buying we had the best manager, best starting eleven and best squad. All that was missing was whether we had the bottle, we now have that as well.

Step 1,2,3 and 4. They never even saw it coming which was utterly astonishing

It's almost poetic considering that mob ended up needing a zoom call to be declared champions having played their last game pretty much the same time last year rather than winning it on the pitch!

I would have said: ‘it won’t be that early but I can see us winning it with a game or two to spare.’

I would honestly say, lay off the glue.

It’s been beyond our wildest dreams, even the most positive and staunch bear couldn’t have foresaw this.
Rex did.

It was on one of the old threads that were bumped recently.

On top of that the pressure our manager and coaching staff were under this year was incredible. Them and the players are absolutely outstanding.

I hope we didn’t ship a last minute equaliser away at Hamilton, I’ll be raging if that’s the case!!

I honestly had a thought/feeling/epiphany that we would be going to Parkhead in March with a chance to wrap the league up.

When I say wrap up, I was thinking we would be 7 or 8 ahead, knowing a win would put us out of sight. Never actually thought we could mathematically win it that day.

Gie’s the next Euromillions numbers as well please.

The only comparison I can think of that comes close to what we are enjoying this season is Leicester City winning the EPL. Just unforseeable.

Remember it took Sir Alex Ferguson a number of years to get things to click at Manchester United, and the rest is history as they say.
I genuinely believe that we are on the cusp of something special with Gerrard and his backroom staff. Not only are we ripping it up in our domestic league but in Europe where a lot of admiring glances are looking over in the direction of G51 2XD. If we qualify for the CL and see how we get on, hopefully a few seasons in it. Money, prestige and back at the top table in Europe. They had their chances to leave us well behind, but 10iar blinded them and they didn’t see the big blue juggernaut coming their way and about to overtake them and leave them behind.
CL sections plus Gerrard in charge, now who wouldn’t want to come to us!!

And while doing it you'd top your Europa group, despite being bottom seeds, and demolish a team 9-5 in the last 32.

I'd say you were on the spike. Could imagine it going 3 or 4 games deeper but not before the split

Back