Imagine, if you will...

Ten in a row is meaningless for them. Even their bitter bigot manager said that last year, adding they had to win 14 titles for it to mean anything.

Great post. Us getting Gerrard and his coaching staff was a gamble but a considered one that the more positive amongst us could see working out well. He just needed a bit of time.

Rodgers leaving really shafted it for them. They played their best hand halfway through their run to 10 to someone who really did not care a jot about their quest. Now they are left with a fat ginger alkie, a massive wage bill and not much hope. Lovely.

We know, they know, how massive this could be should we continue the way we are. The train would have made a full loop back to the start, time for scum passengers to get off. This would be for me, the biggest achievement and greatest moment of supporting our fine club. Feelings i could not even describe would engulf us all. The exact opposite to them, mentally they would take a while to recover. Keep believing.
That is how I see it.

Talk about a phoenix rising from the ashes.

Systematic and organized criminal activity to finish Rangers for ever.

Our advantage right now is huge and it is in our hands to deliver.

I believe SG has instilled the belief that we will be champions come next May.

55 will see them hit a massive downward spiral.

Take a look at the we win 55 scenario:

Their support will give up thousands of ST.
Their manager will have to go, players will want to go and have zero part in it.
You'd have zero hope in them making the CL.
Their players are regressing and their values take a hit with that so it becomes a firesale.
They've spunked so much funds on absolute shite and therefore require cash injection to boost their quality whilst letting dross go either on the cheap or with payoffs.
Then there's the pending court cases.

Their demise will be huge.

In about 18 months, 3 words...
Captain David Turnbull

55 will see them hit a massive downward spiral.

Take a look at the we win 55 scenario:

Their support will give up thousands of ST.
Their manager will have to go, players will want to go and have zero part in it.
You'd have zero hope in them making the CL.
Their players are regressing and their values take a hit with that so it becomes a firesale.
They've spunked so much funds on absolute shite and therefore require cash injection to boost their quality whilst letting dross go either on the cheap or with payoffs.
Then there's the pending court cases.

Their demise will be huge.

Then look at us when we win 55:

Management and backroom staff are settled as is our playing squad.
Strength in depth and quality in depth.
High player values so we sell 1 or 2 and replace with a higher calibre of player.
European pedigree and a good chance at the CL groups so we have another major cash boost.
Squad come back flying roaring to go.

Our uprise has been, and will continue to be, huge.
Lourdes here they come :))

There’s a lot of truth in that, but if we’re being perfectly fair, it was only three or four years ago that Saint Brendan led them to an unbeaten league campaign and a couple of trebles while rubbing shoulders with the likes of Barcelona, PSG and Man City in the CL (albeit not very successfully) at the same time as we were just struggling to keep afloat in the top flight and suffering routine 4 and 5 goal maulings at their manky hands.

At that point you’d have found very few people anywhere in the country regardless of allegiance who thought that would come to an abrupt end.

As many of their own are now saying, the blame lies with the arrogance, short sightedness and habitual penny pinching of the Yahoo boardroom when they decided to appoint a managerial clod hopper like Lennon to replace Rodgers.

We said ourselves that was potentially great news for us and so it’s beginning to look.

There’s a lot of truth in that, but if we’re being perfectly fair, it was only three or four years ago that Saint Brendan led them to an unbeaten league campaign and a couple of trebles while rubbing shoulders with the likes of Barcelona, PSG and Man City in the CL (albeit not very successfully) at the same time as we were just struggling to keep afloat in the top flight and suffering routine 4 and 5 goal maulings at their manky hands.

At that point you’d have found very few people anywhere in the country regardless of allegiance who thought that would come to an abrupt end.

As many of their own are now saying, the blame lies with the arrogance, short sightedness and habitual penny pinching of the Yahoo boardroom when they decided to appoint a managerial clod hopper like Lennon to replace Rodgers.

We said ourselves that was potentially great news for us and so it’s beginning to look.
You are right, but I think you are missing a little of what I am saying.

When they were spending daft money on Rodgers and his signings, they were doing the opposite of what would have made sense. Years even before Rodgers came in they should have been setting foundations of a legacy. Instead they did things like bring in Rodgers on big money and bank-rolled him which afforded them a bit of short term success, but left them wide open to seeing it come crumbling around them.

Rodgers and his period there was a symptom of the hubris that has led them to today.

Imagine that our manager had just won 3 titles in a row and decided to leave a season or so after our only rival had been booted down the leagues. Imagine we had a clean slate, no pressure, a minimum of 3-4-5-6 years unopposed CL money to aim at, were playing in a league where the nearest rivals were nowhere near and where we could literally rip up the entire fabric of the club, rebuild it in whatever manner we wanted, putting whatever foundations we wanted in place, whatever youth set up, whatever scouting network and we could do it while still pretty much walking the league. Imagine we could have picked any manager we wanted to oversee a rebuild/remodel and we were afforded the utter luxury of doing it with no pressure on the domestic front and with a yearly shot at a free jackpot. Imagine we had enough cash in the bank to openly gloat about it.

Imagine being nearly a decade down the line and having focused so hard on 'The 10' that absolutely every single advantage we had was pissed away on bringing in players to win a single title. Imagine the manager that had left us after 3 to try his luck in England had been given the 'honour' of securing that '10' and was in the process of making an arse of it. Imagine that despite that near decade of freedom, we were STILL in a position where our youth set up was producing nothing and we HAD to sell our top player every season or face economic catastrophe. Imagine being so fucking petrified of one club, several divisions below us, that we gave up the chance to remodel our own club into something that would have been impossible to catch in favour of the short term goal of 'getting one over them'.

You would be angry. You would be absolutely fucking livid. You would have seen your club literally win a lottery for millions upon millions of quid and immediately spend it all on a fancy car and fancy house, ignoring future income and the chance to invest wisely. You would have seen them enjoy the money for a decade and then wonder why they were not still rolling in it as the neighbours started to come home with better cars than them.

Ignoring what is happening now in terms of league titles in a row, our 55, whatever, the facts are fucking simple; Deep down they ALL know that they had an absolute cast iron chance to leave Rangers in a position where catching them would be nearly impossible. They could have literally built a new entire ethos/model/whatever you want to call it around themselves, unopposed, and left us behind. Even if they manage to overhaul us in this league race they all know, deep down, that they have given up a glorious chance to 'win' and that by putting so much on 'The 10' they have ignored absolutely everything else they could and should have been doing. They wanted nothing other than short term pain for us, and were so fucking myopic that they failed to see that by looking at the short term, they were missing a gaping wide open goal. Whether it is this season, next, or the one after, we will sit on top of the pile again and that is something even a little strategic thinking over the way could have stopped easily.

I am, when I think about it, delighted that they could not see their way to actually using the time they were handed on a plate but I am stunned at our luck (is it luck? We were lucky that they did not try and build, but the root of that was their hubris, rather than a random act of chance) in them being so fucking hateful that they were interested in nothing more than a cheap and ultimately meaningless bragging right.

Imagine you were one of them and once the revulsion has worn off, imagine just how angry you would be at watching that glorious open goal being ignored in favour of a chance, nothing more than that, a chance, at 'The 10'. You would be livid.

Declan, get yourself to the carpark.
Good post mate but i'll temper it with a bit of our own faults during minty's time at our club.
We were so far ahead of them, the titles were almost guaranteed until we ran out of gas for the ten. They were nt even finishing second some seasons but football has a habit of going swings and roundabouts .You can only put 11 players on the pitch and eventually they got one over our ageing squad.
DA did come in and gave us some glorious memories but we never managed to bury them like we should have done.
Now they have had their run,and mostly a free run at that .This time though it feels different,it feels better and as i ve said before ,we have better people in charge of our club who will make sure any future chance to slap them down is used to the full.
Marray was constantly coming up with schemes and roping in investors to cover his ass and then as good as pissing it against a wall .
Our new custonians have set out to repair all murrays damage and have the whole club moving forward.
Training ,youths,community,retail,brand expansion ,the new building started to house a museum and other stuff and most of all ,we have a winner in SG who has assembled a terrific squad ,playing great football and all of the support onside .Whats not to like.
I just hope once they crumble and have to fill their ground with flags once again ,we never ever take our knee of their necks and give them even a sniff .
A message to all the young bears.Enjoy the ride but don't ever take it for granted.
Anyone who came through the 90's will tell you how things can change so no complacency and no sympathy for our enemies .Keep your feet firmly on ground and on their heads(not literally :))) and ram it down their throats every chance you get .
They deserve nothing less .

Good post mate but i'll temper it with a bit of our own faults during minty's time at our club.
We were so far ahead of them, the titles were almost guaranteed until we ran out of gas for the ten. They were nt even finishing second some seasons but football has a habit of going swings and roundabouts .You can only put 11 players on the pitch and eventually they got one over our ageing squad.
DA did come in and gave us some glorious memories but we never managed to bury them like we should have done.
Now they have had their run,and mostly a free run at that .This time though it feels different,it feels better and as i ve said before ,we have better people in charge of our club who will make sure any future chance to slap them down is used to the full.
Marray was constantly coming up with schemes and roping in investors to cover his ass and then as good as pissing it against a wall .
Our new custonians have set out to repair all murrays damage and have the whole club moving forward.
Training ,youths,community,retail,brand expansion ,the new building started to house a museum and other stuff and most of all ,we have a winner in SG who has assembled a terrific squad ,playing great football and all of the support onside .Whats not to like.
I just hope once they crumble and have to fill their ground with flags once again ,we never ever take our knee of their necks and give them even a sniff .
A message to all the young bears.Enjoy the ride but don't ever take it for granted.
Anyone who came through the 90's will tell you how things can change so no complacency and no sympathy for our enemies .Keep your feet firmly on ground and on their heads(not literally :))) and ram it down their throats every chance you get .
They deserve nothing less .
Every single year that Murray held the club, the scum were in the league. We spent 4 years not even playing in the same division. We were never in a position to literally rip everything up and start from scratch in the 90s and the truth is that the aim in that period was not so much domestic anyway, more a vain attempt to conquer Europe.

Murray's faults were wide ranging and well known. They bear absolutely no relation to what has happened at celtic since 2012.

The rest of it is spot on. Whenever we get back to the top, this season or at a later date, we need to try our hardest to build things the right way and try for our own period of dominance.

Every single year that Murray held the club, the scum were in the league. We spent 4 years not even playing in the same division. We were never in a position to literally rip everything up and start from scratch in the 90s and the truth is that the aim in that period was not so much domestic anyway, more a vain attempt to conquer Europe.

Murray's faults were wide ranging and well known. They bear absolutely no relation to what has happened at celtic since 2012.

The rest of it is spot on. Whenever we get back to the top, this season or at a later date, we need to try our hardest to build things the right way and try for our own period of dominance.
The similarites are that they were mince and there for the taking but murrays euro exploits ,or rather failings took preference over long term planning.
Point i'm making is, we had the chance and did'nt make best use of it but i don't see that happening this time .
They had the same chance although under very different circumstances and have failed just the same
When our chance comes and it seems to be near ,i hope we use it more wisely than minty .

I think that planning is already in place to build on the hard work already done, or at least I hope it is.

I think it’s pretty much universally accepted that SG will leave for Merseyside when Klopp decides he’s moving on.

What we need to do is manage that transition so that the foundation stones, the professionalism and work ethic that SG has installed is carried forward by his successor and his management team.

I don’t think there is any doubt know that SG knows what he is doing and it’s only a matter of time until he gets his reward by the way of trophies.

Rodgers is a good manager and it’d be churlish to suggest otherwise and it’s all gone spectacularly wrong for the Manks thanks to their decision to yet again play the bigot card and appoint the Lurgan bigot to appease their cretinous supporters.

We can not make the same mistake and must never ever return to the small minded mindset that very nearly saw us appoint the serial bottler McInnes.

Personally I have faith in the guys who have steered us through the nightmare years as undoubtedly they have learned from their mistakes and they will not be repeated.

Great post OP.

They had themselves convinced they were winning "10" before their first title was out the way. Whereas we only started discussing the possibility of 9 and 10 when we got to 7 in a row.

When you constantly talk down and opponent for years, you become ignorant to their improvement. This is the big difference between us going for 10 and them. Aye they were a joke team from 92 till about 95, but when they got their act together Tommy Burns had them playing well and pushing us all the way. They on the other hand are 11 points behind and still cannot admit we are decent and a serious threat to them. The ones who want Lennon gone are placing the blame squarely at his door, no acknowledgement of how much of a decent team Rangers are. The ones who want Lennon to stay think we are shite and can be easily overcome.

Huge difference in management styles between Smith and Lennon. Smith had players willing to go to bat for him - see McCoist nearly winning that title on his own in 97/97. Lennon has tossed his lot under the bus one time too many and its starting to show.

No one knows how this season will end. But I want us to be taking Celtic as seriously as they should be taking us.

You are right, but I think you are missing a little of what I am saying.

When they were spending daft money on Rodgers and his signings, they were doing the opposite of what would have made sense. Years even before Rodgers came in they should have been setting foundations of a legacy. Instead they did things like bring in Rodgers on big money and bank-rolled him which afforded them a bit of short term success, but left them wide open to seeing it come crumbling around them.

Rodgers and his period there was a symptom of the hubris that has led them to today.
I think your fundamental point is sound, but in reality that idealistic rip it up and start again approach is unlikely to ever occur at either of the Old Firm, IMO.

Just as it never happened when we were demoted to the bottom rung of the league ladder, although there were other factors at play there, fan and shareholder pressure would always likely ensure Celtic continued to be dazzled by the bright lights of the Champions League and all the money it offers.

To do what you’re implying they should would probably have been to accept that arena would’ve been out of reach for a while and I don’t think there’s many CEOs who’d wilfully eschew their biggest potential revenue stream for the sake of longer term sustainability when that couldn’t be guaranteed either.

If the roles were reversed, personally I think we’d have behaved exactly the same way.

Last edited:

Rogers had the worst record of any Manager in the history of the Champions League,( IIRC ) was up against nothing in Scotland
Decent Coach but not the God they make him out to be.

People forget the day we lost the ten,Rangers supporters stayed inside tannadice for a good twenty minutes after the final whistle wanting the team to come back out but they didn’t.on tannadice street I stood with thousands of bears who waited to applaud the players as they got on the team bus.i can remember some of players looking out of the bus with tears in there eyes as punters screamed at them to hold their heads high.
Sure it was a disappointing not to get the ten but that Rangers team had given the support some of our greatest days.i remember standing at the bus stop to get the bus home and the conversation among my mates and some other bears was not about the title we had just lost but how we were going to win the title back the next season and setting out on a new era.

And that my friend is what separates us from them. We always look forward while they wallow in the past.

They had themselves convinced they were winning "10" before their first title was out the way. Whereas we only started discussing the possibility of 9 and 10 when we got to 7 in a row.

When you constantly talk down and opponent for years, you become ignorant to their improvement. This is the big difference between us going for 10 and them. Aye they were a joke team from 92 till about 95, but when they got their act together Tommy Burns had them playing well and pushing us all the way. They on the other hand are 11 points behind and still cannot admit we are decent and a serious threat to them. The ones who want Lennon gone are placing the blame squarely at his door, no acknowledgement of how much of a decent team Rangers are. The ones who want Lennon to stay think we are shite and can be easily overcome.

Huge difference in management styles between Smith and Lennon. Smith had players willing to go to bat for him - see McCoist nearly winning that title on his own in 97/97. Lennon has tossed his lot under the bus one time too many and its starting to show.

No one knows how this season will end. But I want us to be taking Celtic as seriously as they should be taking us.
The fact they could start talking about 9/10 when they’d won 1 shows how utterly meaningless it is. When has 9 in a row ever been talked about after winning 1? We’d have been speaking about 10s since the 1800s if that was the case.

This feels worth a wee bump in light of the clyde 1 show tonight; their anger is growing, they are talking about millions wasted, chances to stay ahead of us spurned and a groundswell of fear.

Wee whisperings of a more well attended protest being planned for Sunday too.

This is shaping up nicely now.

This feels worth a wee bump in light of the clyde 1 show tonight; their anger is growing, they are talking about millions wasted, chances to stay ahead of us spurned and a groundswell of fear.

At least they had a few seasons of “cash rich” stories to look back on fondly. Now we have an infrastructure for the future. They’ve lost the opportunity to build one and they’re going to have to spend all their time and money trying to match us again. There’s no way they’ll spend a couple of seasons minimum ripping everything up to try to modernise everything. I don’t think they’ll ever have a clean enough slate to do it properly anyway.

Imagine that our manager had just won 3 titles in a row and decided to leave a season or so after our only rival had been booted down the leagues. Imagine we had a clean slate, no pressure, a minimum of 3-4-5-6 years unopposed CL money to aim at, were playing in a league where the nearest rivals were nowhere near and where we could literally rip up the entire fabric of the club, rebuild it in whatever manner we wanted, putting whatever foundations we wanted in place, whatever youth set up, whatever scouting network and we could do it while still pretty much walking the league. Imagine we could have picked any manager we wanted to oversee a rebuild/remodel and we were afforded the utter luxury of doing it with no pressure on the domestic front and with a yearly shot at a free jackpot. Imagine we had enough cash in the bank to openly gloat about it.

Imagine being nearly a decade down the line and having focused so hard on 'The 10' that absolutely every single advantage we had was pissed away on bringing in players to win a single title. Imagine the manager that had left us after 3 to try his luck in England had been given the 'honour' of securing that '10' and was in the process of making an arse of it. Imagine that despite that near decade of freedom, we were STILL in a position where our youth set up was producing nothing and we HAD to sell our top player every season or face economic catastrophe. Imagine being so fucking petrified of one club, several divisions below us, that we gave up the chance to remodel our own club into something that would have been impossible to catch in favour of the short term goal of 'getting one over them'.

You would be angry. You would be absolutely fucking livid. You would have seen your club literally win a lottery for millions upon millions of quid and immediately spend it all on a fancy car and fancy house, ignoring future income and the chance to invest wisely. You would have seen them enjoy the money for a decade and then wonder why they were not still rolling in it as the neighbours started to come home with better cars than them.

Ignoring what is happening now in terms of league titles in a row, our 55, whatever, the facts are fucking simple; Deep down they ALL know that they had an absolute cast iron chance to leave Rangers in a position where catching them would be nearly impossible. They could have literally built a new entire ethos/model/whatever you want to call it around themselves, unopposed, and left us behind. Even if they manage to overhaul us in this league race they all know, deep down, that they have given up a glorious chance to 'win' and that by putting so much on 'The 10' they have ignored absolutely everything else they could and should have been doing. They wanted nothing other than short term pain for us, and were so fucking myopic that they failed to see that by looking at the short term, they were missing a gaping wide open goal. Whether it is this season, next, or the one after, we will sit on top of the pile again and that is something even a little strategic thinking over the way could have stopped easily.

I am, when I think about it, delighted that they could not see their way to actually using the time they were handed on a plate but I am stunned at our luck (is it luck? We were lucky that they did not try and build, but the root of that was their hubris, rather than a random act of chance) in them being so fucking hateful that they were interested in nothing more than a cheap and ultimately meaningless bragging right.

Imagine you were one of them and once the revulsion has worn off, imagine just how angry you would be at watching that glorious open goal being ignored in favour of a chance, nothing more than that, a chance, at 'The 10'. You would be livid.

Brilliant post.
I would be fucking embarasssed to %^*& if I was one of them.
They have had 8 years to excell and they have made a rip roaring c*nt of it
When we win 55 they will implode.
F*ck them.
I fucking HATE them.

Imagine that this messiah manager was in actual fact just a cheap substitute, a dinosaur ned bereft of morals or modern ideas and with little respect in the footballing community. But as patron saint of tramps to the cult leadership that controls the opinion of our brainwashed hordes of fans, he's virtually untouchable. Even to 'disrespect' his hallowed name means expulsion form 'the family.'

Imagine that our board seemed to spunk away millions and millions of this war chest on utter dross year after year, whose names we can't even remember. Wouldn't we want to look closer at some of those transfers to see if there was anything untoward going on. Especially if during the whole history of our club, fans money has always seemed to make it into the pockets of those in charge via dodgy practices.

I like this game. I think there even a song in here somewhere? It'll be easy if we try.

Last edited:
They have fuked it big time with their arrogance and a lack of ambition which only goes as far to look over the city to see where we are at
When we were put down the divisions in 2012 their ambition was 10 in a row because we equalled 9
They had a gilt edged chance to build a club with a decent European pedigree like a Porto or Ajax while retaining enough to be successful at home and in turn keeping us well out of reach
Any good player was sold to cover the cost of Rangers not being in the same league or cover the cost of some of the other drivel they bought for eventual profit
When we returned to the top league we had the near tearful Lawwell interview bemoaning how our absence was costing them £10 million a season and a hell of lot on banners to cover the green seats but we were still miles behind and they got the boost of a decent manager and another chance to get it up the Rangers whilst taking absolute pastings in Europe and sticking the money away to keep on sticking it to the Rangers
Their treble treble and 9 in a row means absolutely hee haw in the grand scheme of things as in that length of time they have went from odd decent result in Europe to being an absolute laughing stock with a manager who is only in a job because he likes to get it up the Rangers
We win the league this year and our emotions will hardly give them a second thought

Deep down inside they don't actually enjoy being top dogs. They much prefer to be the victims of establishment bias and nefarious Masonic plots.

They, like the swine they are, prefer to be crawling about in the muck telling the world that they're poor downtrodden 19th Century Terrorist.

We're about to grant their every wish.

I give this post a...
tenor.gif

At least they had a few seasons of “cash rich” stories to look back on fondly. Now we have an infrastructure for the future. They’ve lost the opportunity to build one and they’re going to have to spend all their time and money trying to match us again. There’s no way they’ll spend a couple of seasons minimum ripping everything up to try to modernise everything. I don’t think they’ll ever have a clean enough slate to do it properly anyway.
Your right mate. They still beleive they are so far ahead that they just need to outspend us.
Thats going well atm :))
And the words clean and the scum should never be referred to in the same breath.

And tonight is the proof of what I said. Every word of it;

That level of anger is not over a lost cup game. Riots and protests, injured coppers and 'shaken' players are not the result of a lost cup game. They are the result of a support waking up to the fact that they have thrown away a once in a lifetime opportunity to change the status quo in Scotland.

Best FF post of 2020

Brilliant post and really should be a sticky so that it riles up every one of the monobrowed lurkers.

When we win this title, everything they have howled at the moon for this past decade will be gone.

All that sevco patter, lording it up while we rebuilt, wasting their lives over a holy grail nobody cares about and they'll never get.

A decade gone and nothing.

after their champions league exit where Lennon came out and said that ‘ he has several players who don’t want to be here
My jaw hit Australia when he said that, in a season as monumental as 'going for 10' (their words not mine :)))

At the time cennon signed I said to a time in work “that’s a game changer, he’s the equaliser we need” he just laughed, he ain’t laughing now, he ain’t spoke to me for a month!!lol

Sorry to start this here, but to some extent I think this is us too. We should have gone to England when this all started in 2012.

The biggest thing (aside from the 3 Bears takeover obviously) was the Gerrard appointment. We didn’t see it coming, they certainly didn’t see it coming. Anyone recall the short list of candidates before the great man appeared on the scene? McInnes, Wright, ‘Big Sam’, Warnock, Preud’homme (still don’t know who the %^*& that is!) - in short a who’s who of has beens and duffers. No wonder they acted like a bloated emperor, assuming their ongoing dominance - chances are we would be reverting back to Murty in 6 months time. Instead we get not only a driven, proven winner, but a top class assistant and coaching team and - most importantly - a 3 year plan.

We stared right into the abyss in 2017 now we’re poised to kick them into it In 2021. It will be the greatest feeling in our football lives by a country mile.
Absolutely - we were a poison chalice before Gerrard's appointment. His standing in the football world meant we were able to attract a greater caliber of player and he's grown into the role phenomenally.

Well that was certainly spot on

Great Post. And something I spoke with a friend about a few years ago. I said that if they played this right and had a bit of forward thinking and the correct planning we could be 20 years behind after all we went through.
Every single one of us should be enjoying their meltdown at the moment and always remember that if they went through what we had to endure for the last decade they would have melted the chamber of secrets to the ground.

Worthy of another bump, I feel.

Imagine just how deflated you would feel tonight, watching your team concede 4 for the 3rd European game on the bounce, already eliminated, and with your rivals in everything confirming their post Christmas European football shortly afterwards?

Just imagine how angry you would be at your manager calling your defenders good and your play 'breathtaking' after another pumping, while your rival's manager discussed the opportunity to rest players ahead of a final group game and was able to give praise to his players for a job well done.

Just imagine how angry you would be at all of that while sitting so far behind in the league after a decade of opportunities to put yourself out of reach.

Just where would you take your footballing joy from?

Phone for season book refunds, return the weans Christmas gifts to the celtic store, prepare the next protest in your wasteland of a carpark and try to shut out the growing noise from the better half of the city.

You would be, as they say on Clyde 1 Superscoreboard, GUTTIT

Worthy of another bump, I feel.

Imagine just how deflated you would feel tonight, watching your team concede 4 for the 3rd European game on the bounce, already eliminated, and with your rivals in everything confirming their post Christmas European football shortly afterwards?

Just imagine how angry you would be at your manager calling your defenders good and your play 'breathtaking' after another pumping, while your rival's manager discussed the opportunity to rest players ahead of a final group game and was able to give praise to his players for a job well done.

Just imagine how angry you would be at all of that while sitting so far behind in the league after a decade of opportunities to put yourself out of reach.

Just where would you take your footballing joy from?

Phone for season book refunds, return the weans Christmas gifts to the celtic store, prepare the next protest in your wasteland of a carpark and try to shut out the growing noise from the better half of the city.

You would be, as they say on Clyde 1 Superscoreboard, GUTTIT
I frucking enjoy these posts. :))

Shadenfraude isn’t an endearing characteristic, but sometimes it bloody well rocks! :))

Back