Imagine, if you will...

Northampton_Loyalist

Imagine that our manager had just won 3 titles in a row and decided to leave a season or so after our only rival had been booted down the leagues. Imagine we had a clean slate, no pressure, a minimum of 3-4-5-6 years unopposed CL money to aim at, were playing in a league where the nearest rivals were nowhere near and where we could literally rip up the entire fabric of the club, rebuild it in whatever manner we wanted, putting whatever foundations we wanted in place, whatever youth set up, whatever scouting network and we could do it while still pretty much walking the league. Imagine we could have picked any manager we wanted to oversee a rebuild/remodel and we were afforded the utter luxury of doing it with no pressure on the domestic front and with a yearly shot at a free jackpot. Imagine we had enough cash in the bank to openly gloat about it.

Imagine being nearly a decade down the line and having focused so hard on 'The 10' that absolutely every single advantage we had was pissed away on bringing in players to win a single title. Imagine the manager that had left us after 3 to try his luck in England had been given the 'honour' of securing that '10' and was in the process of making an arse of it. Imagine that despite that near decade of freedom, we were STILL in a position where our youth set up was producing nothing and we HAD to sell our top player every season or face economic catastrophe. Imagine being so fucking petrified of one club, several divisions below us, that we gave up the chance to remodel our own club into something that would have been impossible to catch in favour of the short term goal of 'getting one over them'.

You would be angry. You would be absolutely fucking livid. You would have seen your club literally win a lottery for millions upon millions of quid and immediately spend it all on a fancy car and fancy house, ignoring future income and the chance to invest wisely. You would have seen them enjoy the money for a decade and then wonder why they were not still rolling in it as the neighbours started to come home with better cars than them.

Ignoring what is happening now in terms of league titles in a row, our 55, whatever, the facts are fucking simple; Deep down they ALL know that they had an absolute cast iron chance to leave Rangers in a position where catching them would be nearly impossible. They could have literally built a new entire ethos/model/whatever you want to call it around themselves, unopposed, and left us behind. Even if they manage to overhaul us in this league race they all know, deep down, that they have given up a glorious chance to 'win' and that by putting so much on 'The 10' they have ignored absolutely everything else they could and should have been doing. They wanted nothing other than short term pain for us, and were so fucking myopic that they failed to see that by looking at the short term, they were missing a gaping wide open goal. Whether it is this season, next, or the one after, we will sit on top of the pile again and that is something even a little strategic thinking over the way could have stopped easily.

I am, when I think about it, delighted that they could not see their way to actually using the time they were handed on a plate but I am stunned at our luck (is it luck? We were lucky that they did not try and build, but the root of that was their hubris, rather than a random act of chance) in them being so fucking hateful that they were interested in nothing more than a cheap and ultimately meaningless bragging right.

Imagine you were one of them and once the revulsion has worn off, imagine just how angry you would be at watching that glorious open goal being ignored in favour of a chance, nothing more than that, a chance, at 'The 10'. You would be livid.

Declan, get yourself to the carpark.

We know, they know, how massive this could be should we continue the way we are. The train would have made a full loop back to the start, time for scum passengers to get off. This would be for me, the biggest achievement and greatest moment of supporting our fine club. Feelings i could not even describe would engulf us all. The exact opposite to them, mentally they would take a while to recover. Keep believing.

I was thinking back to when we lost the 10 and I remember only being gutted for a short while as I knew we had Advocaat coming in and knew we were going on to great things again. They don't have that carrot in front of them. Plus, it's the RC way to turn on, and fight amongst themselves when things go wrong. I'm keeping my cards close, but I do think the Karma wheel is definitely turning. And accelerating.

if we win this years titles I can see us going on a wee run of wins as they will need a full clear out. The moment I knew we had a real good chance of the title was after their champions league exit where Lennon came out and said that ‘ he has several players who don’t want to be here’

Imagine that our manager had just won 3 titles in a row and decided to leave a season or so after our only rival had been booted down the leagues. Imagine we had a clean slate, no pressure, a minimum of 3-4-5-6 years unopposed CL money to aim at, were playing in a league where the nearest rivals were nowhere near and where we could literally rip up the entire fabric of the club, rebuild it in whatever manner we wanted, putting whatever foundations we wanted in place, whatever youth set up, whatever scouting network and we could do it while still pretty much walking the league. Imagine we could have picked any manager we wanted to oversee a rebuild/remodel and we were afforded the utter luxury of doing it with no pressure on the domestic front and with a yearly shot at a free jackpot. Imagine we had enough cash in the bank to openly gloat about it.

Imagine being nearly a decade down the line and having focused so hard on 'The 10' that absolutely every single advantage we had was pissed away on bringing in players to win a single title. Imagine the manager that had left us after 3 to try his luck in England had been given the 'honour' of securing that '10' and was in the process of making an arse of it. Imagine that despite that near decade of freedom, we were STILL in a position where our youth set up was producing nothing and we HAD to sell our top player every season or face economic catastrophe. Imagine being so fucking petrified of one club, several divisions below us, that we gave up the chance to remodel our own club into something that would have been impossible to catch in favour of the short term goal of 'getting one over them'.

You would be angry. You would be absolutely fucking livid. You would have seen your club literally win a lottery for millions upon millions of quid and immediately spend it all on a fancy car and fancy house, ignoring future income and the chance to invest wisely. You would have seen them enjoy the money for a decade and then wonder why they were not still rolling in it as the neighbours started to come home with better cars than them.

Ignoring what is happening now in terms of league titles in a row, our 55, whatever, the facts are fucking simple; Deep down they ALL know that they had an absolute cast iron chance to leave Rangers in a position where catching them would be nearly impossible. They could have literally built a new entire ethos/model/whatever you want to call it around themselves, unopposed, and left us behind. Even if they manage to overhaul us in this league race they all know, deep down, that they have given up a glorious chance to 'win' and that by putting so much on 'The 10' they have ignored absolutely everything else they could and should have been doing. They wanted nothing other than short term pain for us, and were so fucking myopic that they failed to see that by looking at the short term, they were missing a gaping wide open goal. Whether it is this season, next, or the one after, we will sit on top of the pile again and that is something even a little strategic thinking over the way could have stopped easily.

I am, when I think about it, delighted that they could not see their way to actually using the time they were handed on a plate but I am stunned at our luck (is it luck? We were lucky that they did not try and build, but the root of that was their hubris, rather than a random act of chance) in them being so fucking hateful that they were interested in nothing more than a cheap and ultimately meaningless bragging right.

Imagine you were one of them and once the revulsion has worn off, imagine just how angry you would be at watching that glorious open goal being ignored in favour of a chance, nothing more than that, a chance, at 'The 10'. You would be livid.

Post of the decade

Excellent post. I said a while back that hubris would be their downfall and so is it coming to pass.

it’s also worth reminding ourselves that we are, by nature and heritage, empire builders. They are, by nature and heritage, rebels and destroyers. Nothing they attempt to build will ever last.

if we win this years titles I can see us going on a wee run of wins as they will need a full clear out. The moment I knew we had a real good chance of the title was after their champions league exit where Lennon came out and said that ‘ he has several players who don’t want to be here’
Dave king said this. All we need is that first title and they will collapse like a house of cards.

If Danny Boyle ever makes "Trainspotting 3", he's found his intro.

Dave king said this. All we need is that first title and they will collapse like a house of cards.
The chance they had to bury us forever died the day Dave King and the three bears wrestled control of the club from Ashly and the rats.it was always going to take a while and mistakes would be made but they took over an empty shell of a club with every department dismantled and that had to be put back together.i said at the time we knew it but in the pit of their stomach they knew it we were on our way back and it was only a matter of time before we were back in our rightful position.there gamble was we wouldn’t be up to strength on and off the park to stop the ten.

I think that the reason we were given this chance is the fact that today, with things looking like they could potentially be going our way, their anger is not at the chance lost to move ahead of us for good, it is anger at the possibility of not getting that 10.

It is almost as if they feel, to a man, woman or goblin, that they 'win football' if they win this league.

It does, in all seriousness, show their mindset; They do not love their club as a club. They love their club as a handy vehicle to facilitate the hatred of OUR club. For club, read 'People'.

I was thinking back to when we lost the 10 and I remember only being gutted for a short while as I knew we had Advocaat coming in and knew we were going on to great things again. They don't have that carrot in front of them. Plus, it's the RC way to turn on, and fight amongst themselves when things go wrong. I'm keeping my cards close, but I do think the Karma wheel is definitely turning. And accelerating.
I'm the same i would have been 10/11 at the time and always remember the fans being really down after it. I lived in Ibrox at the time and you could tell we were gutted. What I don't remember was the absolute hysteria and frothing at the mouth from the supporters, looking to attack anything and anyone at our club. Personally I can't remember my auld da, as stauch as they come, totally raging and blinded by hatred.

I think that the reason we were given this chance is the fact that today, with things looking like they could potentially be going our way, their anger is not at the chance lost to move ahead of us for good, it is anger at the possibility of not getting that 10.

It is almost as if they feel, to a man, woman or goblin, that they 'win football' if they win this league.

It does, in all seriousness, show their mindset; They do not love their club as a club. They love their club as a handy vehicle to facilitate the hatred of OUR club. For club, read 'People'.
Our focus as a club and a support has always been title 55 if we stopped the ten in a row that is a bonus.once we get title 55 we continue to build and our next step is champions league group stages

55 will see them hit a massive downward spiral.

Take a look at the we win 55 scenario:

Their support will give up thousands of ST.
Their manager will have to go, players will want to go and have zero part in it.
You'd have zero hope in them making the CL.
Their players are regressing and their values take a hit with that so it becomes a firesale.
They've spunked so much funds on absolute shite and therefore require cash injection to boost their quality whilst letting dross go either on the cheap or with payoffs.
Then there's the pending court cases.

Their demise will be huge.

Then look at us when we win 55:

Management and backroom staff are settled as is our playing squad.
Strength in depth and quality in depth.
High player values so we sell 1 or 2 and replace with a higher calibre of player.
European pedigree and a good chance at the CL groups so we have another major cash boost.
Squad come back flying roaring to go.

Our uprise has been, and will continue to be, huge.

Great post.

A tad harsh......they have got a good set of unused disco lights and that is probably their best purchase in the last couple of years
Ahh the disco lights, glad you mention them. The said disco lights that were 'bought' 2nd hand fae hampden who installed them at a cost to the tax payer £3.8 m for the commonwealth games for half price, imagine them benefitting through said games oh wait a minute, emritates arena, front of their giant slop hoose tarted up all at the expense of the tax payer, canae be true can it?.

The biggest thing (aside from the 3 Bears takeover obviously) was the Gerrard appointment. We didn’t see it coming, they certainly didn’t see it coming. Anyone recall the short list of candidates before the great man appeared on the scene? McInnes, Wright, ‘Big Sam’, Warnock, Preud’homme (still don’t know who the %^*& that is!) - in short a who’s who of has beens and duffers. No wonder they acted like a bloated emperor, assuming their ongoing dominance - chances are we would be reverting back to Murty in 6 months time. Instead we get not only a driven, proven winner, but a top class assistant and coaching team and - most importantly - a 3 year plan.

We stared right into the abyss in 2017 now we’re poised to kick them into it In 2021. It will be the greatest feeling in our football lives by a country mile.

I'm the same i would have been 10/11 at the time and always remember the fans being really down after it. I lived in Ibrox at the time and you could tell we were gutted. What I don't remember was the absolute hysteria and frothing at the mouth from the supporters, looking to attack anything and anyone at our club. Personally I can't remember my auld da, as stauch as they come, totally raging and blinded by hatred.
People forget the day we lost the ten,rangers supporters stayed inside tannadice for a good twenty minutes after the final whistle wanting the team to come back out but they didn’t.on tannadice street I stood with thousands of bears who waited to applaud the players as they got on the team bus.i can remember some of players looking out of the bus with tears in there eyes as punters screamed at them to hold their heads high.
Sure it was a disappointing not to get the ten but that rangers team had given the support some of our greatest days.i remember standing at the bus stop to get the bus home and the conversation among my mates and some other bears was not about the title we had just lost but how we were going to win the title back the next season and setting out on a new era.

Excellent content, would read again. Although I need a bath after all that imagining being a mutant.

We live to make our club as great as it can be.

They live to hate Rangers.

And that's why they will forever be inferior to us and exist in our shadow.
Summed up my feelings perfectly. They are driven by hate whereas we thrive on the love of our club, these past hardships have only strengthened us and we finally have a Rangers team on the pitch which mirrors the attributes of our magnificent, worldwide support. We Are The People!

A tad harsh......they have got a good set of unused disco lights and that is probably their best purchase in the last couple of years
Maybe if we secure the title this year, in order to help them out of their financial hole, we can put a bid in for their disco lights.
After all, we’ll have a much better chance of getting to use them in the group stages...:D

Maybe if we secure the title this year, in order to help them out of their financial hole, we can put a bid in for their disco lights.
After all, we’ll have a much better chance of getting to use them in the group stages...:D
I would rather we use some of our Champions League income to buy them a big new shovel to ensure the hole gets deeper.

So the protests begin :D

Note the content of the protest; Lennon out given precedence over Lawwell out.

They are clearly far more worried about their '10' than about monumentally failing to grasp a reasonably simple pathway to dominance.

We designed a purple "European" strip which unfortunately wasn't worn in Europe at a cost of say £1k to design(???) They spent millions in disco lights that have never been used. That is the difference between us and them.

Great post

In all the time I’ve been on FF this is quite simply one of the best posts I’ve seen on here.

You know whats even more unbelievable , warburton totally lost his way and we were way off it that first season, we end up having Murty twice as a caretaker and in between that we had a disaster with Pedro, now we look better than them.

it was all set up for them, we shouldnt be anywhere near them when you think about it, with all our troubles financially and how the club was being run. what a job SG has done and the recruitment team in the past 2 years.

lets just keep this up , and hopefully we'll romp this league.

I don't necessarily think the first title will be the shot to the head for them it will come before that I believe if we can win the league Cup or what ever it's called now that's when it will sink in that their dominance is over , after that I think they will drop point's left right & centre then watch the infighting begin at the knew camp & it's custodians will crumble , & when their dark past catches up with them which it will in the not to distant future they will have no means or funds to rebuild again to the dominate force that they have been , & what we have been putting in place over the past few years is foundations for the future not stopping 10 but what's away beyond that in years to come , maybe in the foreseeable future it's us that's going for 10 .

Sorry, I had to like the post, but it moved it on from "55 others". My bad :))

Well put NL!

Magnificent!

Back