Imagine Morelos had missed they two sitters that Lafferty did?

dt17

The Jay Cartwright of FF
This place would have a meltdown.

We're desperate for another striker in January because Lafferty just doesn't offer enough. I have no idea how he missed that first one, it was 10x harder to miss than it was to score. With the second, fair play the keeper saved it but he should bury it.

Yes we do need a better second choice striker who is closer to Alfredos ability.

Not sure about the imagine if Morelos had missed analogy though? Plenty 'meltdown' posts about Lafferty.

Maybe Morelos could stop getting suspended and we wouldn’t have to have the conversation about how good Lafferty is?

FWIW, Morelos has form for missing absolute sitters too so the OP’s point isn’t really a good one.

1st was as bad a miss as you will ever see.

2nd 1 I think he did everything right and keeper made a world class save.
It was such a bad miss that both Sky Sports and RTV had our score as 2-0 for about 10 minutes! :)
He was desperately unlucky for that not to go in and as you say, the save that Woods had from his header was possibly the save of the season so far.
Some of the criticism of Lafferty today is way OTT.

Re Lafferty, It’s looking very much like that was a fluke season at Hearts. Big, big disappointment for us.

Frightening that so many can’t see that Lafferty was playing in a team where there were a lot more opportunities for him due to the opposition not having 11 behind the ball all the time.

He’s not a target man despite his height.

How many games has Lafferty played?

I find it utterly mental how so many of our fans can judge a player who hasn't really featured all that much. As for the comments about Morelos having missed those chances - Morelos went through a spell of missing sitters for fun. He got pelters for it and ended up proving everyone wrong.

Why can't Lafferty do the same. Firstly he needs to play regular football and we maybe see the form he had with Hearts. However, we play one up front and Morelos is the better striker so he's not going to get that chance.

It doesn't make him a bad player. Wish some people would stop trying to convinced themselves he is. Save your hate for other teams.

How many games has Lafferty played?

I find it utterly mental how so many of our fans can judge a player who hasn't really featured all that much. As for the comments about Morelos having missed those chances - Morelos went through a spell of missing sitters for fun. He got pelters for it and ended up proving everyone wrong.

Why can't Lafferty do the same. Firstly he needs to play regular football and we maybe see the form he had with Hearts. However, we play one up front and Morelos is the better striker so he's not going to get that chance.

It doesn't make him a bad player. Wish some people would stop trying to convinced themselves he is. Save your hate for other teams.
He was mince in the 100 or whatever games the first time around too. This time he's looked good against Villarreal and that's it. We all knew he was dogshit before he re-signed and so it's been proven.

This has nothing to do with his sitters today, I just can't fathom how anyone can think there's a player in there.

We're desperate for another striker in January because Lafferty just doesn't offer enough. I have no idea how he missed that first one, it was 10x harder to miss than it was to score. With the second, fair play the keeper saved it but he should bury it.

Sell him, doesnt want to be here, wont even learn english, pyure shite when he doesnt score goals :D

How can you seriously blame Lafferty for his second chance When the goalie makes a world class save

Because he is 2 yards out and somehow manages to miss. The keeper shouldn't even come into the equation from that distance.

Away and gie us peace.

I’ve seen Morelos miss bigger sitters than that.

You've completely miss the point.

When Morelos used to miss these sitters there'd be countless threads about selling him for the first offer and how shite he was etc.

He was mince in the 100 or whatever games the first time around too. This time he's looked good against Villarreal and that's it. We all knew he was dogshit before he re-signed and so it's been proven.

This has nothing to do with his sitters today, I just can't fathom how anyone can think there's a player in there.
First time around he was a bit of an idiot at times but he certainly wasn't dogshit.

Nothing has been proven at all.

Re Lafferty, It’s looking very much like that was a fluke season at Hearts. Big, big disappointment for us.

Maybe it looks like he's fucked ontot he bench 8 games out of 10??

Kyle Lafferty, one of only 25 players in world football expected to play his A game with no match sharpness!
The other 24?
Anyone else in our squad back from a layoff.

Because he is 2 yards out and somehow manages to miss. The keeper shouldn't even come into the equation from that distance.

When Morelos used to miss these sitters there'd be countless threads about selling him for the first offer and how shite he was etc.
Yer arse.

I would hardly call the keeper pulling off a world class save as a missed sitter

Fs 2 sitters?
The first one fair enough. After that there’s not been one I’d describe as a sitter

First of all it was only one “sitter” that the OP can possibly be referencing. Secondly, nobody is ignoring that - case in point there is a thread started on it right at final whistle with many replies negative about Lafferty and it will probably end up a few pages long. The difference is with Morelos there are fanatics who refuse to find fault ever and dote on him like they are his mother. Any and all Rangers players get heavily critiqued on FF everyone knows that.

If you miss from 2 yards out it's a sitter.
He’s hit the target so it isn’t a miss for starters he couldn’t generate any power as he’s slightly leaning backwards when he heads it and actually the placement of his header is first class but nothing you can do if the keeper pulls of a world class save

I still don't believe what I seen with the early miss. Why did he not just nod it into the empty net instead of glancing it? :confused:

Frightening that so many can’t see that Lafferty was playing in a team where there were a lot more opportunities for him due to the opposition not having 11 behind the ball all the time.

He’s not a target man despite his height.
I know it's a different scenario, he had more space, there, etc, etc but that doesn't change a forwards killer instinct. I could have scored that first chance today. How he missed that is absolutely mind boggling.

Even when Morelos isn't scoring he is running the defence ragged and bringing others into the game

Lafferry cant do that

He’s hit the target so it isn’t a miss for starters he couldn’t generate any power as he’s slightly leaning backwards when he heads it and actually the placement of his header is first class but nothing you can do if the keeper pulls of a world class save

He's 2 yards out and doesn't score...it's a sitter.

Why make excuses?

Don,t think we,ll see much more of lafferty after seeing Gerrard's postmatch reaction.

He's 2 yards out and doesn't score...it's a sitter.

Why make excuses?

The second one was a decent effort and a great save. He’s at full stretch, gets what he can on the ball and it’s going right in the corner before the keeper pulls off a worldy.

First one was a sitter though.

Morelos has missed worse.

Lafferty has been criticised for the 1st miss, even the 2nd which IMO he did all he could with.

Some folk aren’t happy unless someone is being slaughtered.

Team did well today, we cut Hamilton open on both flanks at will, just missed a clinical finish in the middle, which we don’t have with either Lafferty or Morelos IMO.

I did say Lafferty was crap today but the keeper made some save from the second sitter.
I would t be blaming Lafferty, well, not to I see it on the TV later tonight.

The first one was an absolute sitter. All strikers miss them occasionally, just think of Morelos against Celtic last season.
The second one was just a fantastic save, Lafferty did little wrong.

Last edited:

Lafferty has been criticised for the 1st miss, even the 2nd which IMO he did all he could with.

Team did well today, we cut Hamilton open on both flanks at will, just missed a clinical finish in the middle, which we don’t have with either Lafferty or Morelos IMO.

I'm not exaggerating when I say Lafferty's today is probably one of the worst I've ever seen.

lafferty should have never been signed but when the manager saw how bad umar was it was a last minute buy but he is awful

17 goals from Morelos this season would show your last point is nonsense. Don’t group Lafferty and Morelos together. Lafferty isn’t in the same class unfortunately.

Just back, don't know what the consensus is on Lafferty but in my opinion he is utter dogsh!te! Slow in thought and deed, playing with a man down any time he plays, wast of a shirt! A liability!

17 goals from Morelos this season would show your last point is nonsense. Don’t group Lafferty and Morelos together. Lafferty isn’t in the same class unfortunately.
You think Morelos is a clinical finisher?

I didn’t think it was up for dispute that Morelos has also been guilty of missing sitters.

To be fair
The 2nd was a worldly save and the 1st was a coat of paint from going in.

Thot Lafferty done relatively well today

Difference is when Morelos misses sitters, he usually still finds the net and fans know this, Lafferty never looks like scoring when he's having a poor game. The 2nd one was just unlucky cos keeper produced a great save. 1st was harder to miss, than score, was a shocker

Back