Imagine roofe scored that overhead kick...

U

UncleG

Possibly a fairly pointless thread but imagine he did after his last goal haha we'd be wanting 80 million lol :-D

I like how he just attempts crazy things though. He will be a great player for us. He's very brave and instinctive

I though he was very poor tonight so couldn’t be asking for much after that performance , should have left the ball for Kent , hopefully the game time does him good 1 think I noticed tho is he is very strong on the ball

Roofe was poor tonight. Maybe not as sharp as the management team hoped. No harm done.
He is not and never will be a st. We have tried him there a couple of times and it just wont work. I think he is a good player, but i just dont see him making a big impact over the full season.

He should have scored with the header. Having failed with that he should have left it for Kent. Not his finest minute.

He is not and never will be a st. We have tried him there a couple of times and it just wont work. I think he is a good player, but i just dont see him making a big impact over the full season.

Would like to see him in the Hagi position, he's never been a proper striker as such, started wide for Leeds till they sold Chris Wood then they kind of stumbled upon him and it just worked!

He's definately a player worth having in the squad tho I think.

He's scored a few in his career. Also I think he earned the right to have a go after his goal last week!
What you have done previous means nothing. There’s no place for selfishness in this squad. He has to realise Kent is in a far better position to score.

What you have done previous means nothing. There’s no place for selfishness in this squad. He has to realise Kent is in a far better position to score.

It's football, players make wrong decisions. If only Dodoo had passed etc. Thankfully we won and can move on without any drama!

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I like the fact that he tries the unexpected.

It was worth a go trying the snap shot when everyone thought he'd leave it for the on running Kent. Ok, it never came off for him this time, but it was clever.

An understandable dick move. I'd rather our players had the confidence to go for worldies.

He earned that one.

Possibly a fairly pointless thread but imagine he did after his last goal haha we'd be wanting 80 million lol :-D

I like how he just attempts crazy things though. He will be a great player for us. He's very brave and instinctive
The problem is that Roofe imagined the headlines and the adulation he’d have got!
In it for himself and not thinking of the team.
He has lost some credibility in my eyes.
Thankfully, that’s not too important.

An understandable dick move. I'd rather our players had the confidence to go for worldies.

He earned that one.

I don’t think anyone’s ever earned the right to be selfish on that level when there’s another player far better placed to score. We won by a single goal in a game where chances were few, if we’d drawn that game it would have looked bad for Roofe.

I’m sure it won’t be a common theme with him though.

Should have ran it to the corner last week!
The corner in the centre circle?
He did the right thing in getting the ball up the park and as far away from our goal as possible.
Probably his first thoughts at that minute.
That he executed his shot to perfection was a brilliant bonus.

I thought he was poor last night

Roofe was poor tonight. Maybe not as sharp as the management team hoped. No harm done.

Totally agree with you but Morelos was the hungriest I’ve seen him in a while and was superb when he came on. It’s good to not be reliant on any individual, and I’ve posted on other threads already about that being the main factor in us winning trophies this year.

We’ve got options.

The corner in the centre circle?
He did the right thing in getting the ball up the park and as far away from our goal as possible.
Probably his first thoughts at that minute.
That he executed his shot to perfection was a brilliant bonus.

Yes, Had his shot went right into the keepers hands he'd have got pelters. Thankfully it never and it was one of the best Rangers goals I've ever seen.

Wasnt having a go at him, was actually trying to defend him for trying the overhead tonight.

He had an absolute stinker last night and was a terrible decision to attempt that.

Yes, Had his shot went right into the keepers hands he'd have got pelters. Thankfully it never and it was one of the best Rangers goals I've ever seen.

Wasnt having a go at him, was actually trying to defend him for trying the overhead tonight.
I’m having a go at him for last night!
I can’t believe that he doesn’t have the footballing brain and awareness not to realise Kent is in a much better position.
It was all about him, not the team.

I’m having a go at him for last night!
I can’t believe that he doesn’t have the footballing brain and awareness not to realise Kent is in a much better position.
It was all about him, not the team.

Fair dos, should have laid it off, I can understand why he didn't tho after last week.

I'm glad this is the type of thing that's causing debate these days.

Might have entered his head as well as he should have got out of Kents way .Still he put in a good shift and we won so all is forgiven

He's scored a few in his career. Also I think he earned the right to have a go after his goal last week!

No don't agree with this. He should have left it for the player running in towards goal. Far more difficult to score with your back to goal.

Back