Imagine this was from a Rangers supporting manager

He's made the executive decision NOT to accept any players, for the betterment of the club he manages, from a club he dislikes. I think if I was one of the directors, I'd be having a quiet word.
He's a first time manager (since January!) and he's talking like he's Jose fucking Mourinho.

He hasn't made an executive decision Doc, he cracked a joke in a presser, Its not a signing policy of Bristol Rovers management ffs

That wouldn’t make it sectarian though. That would just be usua Scottish press.
yes thank you forget about sellics sectarianism but highlight rangers'
imagine if mcpake was the next messi and he still said that would that be enough for you to realise hes a dirty 19th Century Terrorist fck who spouts sectarian piss?

Imagine Rangers being linked with a Manure player and SG saying...“From Man U? Man U? Are you actually telling me I am going to be signing a Man U player? If he was from Liverpool I might think about it. :oops:

He hasn't made an executive decision Doc, he cracked a joke in a presser, Its not a signing policy of Bristol Rovers management ffs
Err, it wasn't meant in the literal sense. :rolleyes:
Ok. He's decided NOT to accept any players, for the betterment of the club he manages, from a club he dislikes. I think if I was one of the directors, I'd be having a quiet word.

Is that better?

Compare and contrast reaction to Adam tomkins tweet

Now this is actually sectarianism.

Don’t fall into their trap, it’s not sectarian on the face of it. We know what he means and what he is but there’s nothing sectarian in it.

Leave the wild accusations to those bheast cunts

Err, it wasn't meant in the literal sense. :rolleyes:
Ok. He's decided NOT to accept any players, for the betterment of the club he manages, from a club he dislikes. I think if I was one of the directors, I'd be having a quiet word.

Is that better?

He cracked a joke. Granted it wasn't funny but it was a joke...

It doesn't.

Its not.

:))

I had to check if this is Kerryfail street the amount of threads on them and mope behaviour on here today
all joking aside but if a manager says he'll never buy from a certain club then that becomes his and his clubs signing policy till he leaves
like ours and the mhanks we'll never buy a first team player from one another.
rivals in the league or for others reasons but thats the way it is

He’s clearly a Self proclaimed 19th Century Terrorist pandering to fellow 19th Century Terrorists

I’m sure josh wouldn’t lower himself to play for a shit club like that anyway so we can all move on happy in the knowledge that it won’t be happening.

I don't doubt there would be a bigger fuss made if the this was a Rangers fan saying it about a yahoo player but I've no real issue with someone hating us because they are a yahoo.

I'm quite comfortable with hating every single thing about them and telling people when asked this very thing :cool:

Surely we should be asking why there is a bigger fuss?

Graham Coughlan WHO?
FFS no one up here could even name half a team outside the sky/bt top 6 i bet myself included.

Because he doesn’t like us.

Would Liverpool not wanting to buy a Man U player but would buy a city player be sectarian?

That would never happen though

A Liverpool fan managing Bristol city wouldn't refuse a man United player on loan just because it's man United

Wouldnt happen in a million years.

It's a disgrace a non entity like this guy can make a comment knowing that it will be taken out of context on a message board where rage and anger will be the reaction! :rolleyes:

Could you imagine the pish we would be reading here if a rangers supporting manager had said that about Celtic
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport...s/bristol-rovers-boss-graham-coughlan-3208773

Graham Coughlan has quickly shut down the transfer rumour doing the rounds in Scotland that Bristol Rovers are interested in signing Rangers’ teenage winger Josh McPake on loan.
The League One transfer window remains open until September 2 and Coughlan is known to be in the market for a speedy wideman.
With little money to spend, the Irish manager has made no secret of the fact that any additions to his squad would likely have to be a loan deal, and players will probably have to exit his squad to make room.
Asked whether he was in for McPake, the Irish manager responded in complete shock at the question.
He replied: “From Rangers? Rangers? Are you actually telling me I am going to be signing a Rangers player? If he was from Celtic I might think about it.

“I haven’t seen that, I haven’t read that, I will go home and have a look and see where that has come from.
“It is the first I have heard of it.”
Sounds like an intelligent guy.

Could you imagine the pish we would be reading here if a rangers supporting manager had said that about Celtic
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport...s/bristol-rovers-boss-graham-coughlan-3208773

Graham Coughlan has quickly shut down the transfer rumour doing the rounds in Scotland that Bristol Rovers are interested in signing Rangers’ teenage winger Josh McPake on loan.
The League One transfer window remains open until September 2 and Coughlan is known to be in the market for a speedy wideman.
With little money to spend, the Irish manager has made no secret of the fact that any additions to his squad would likely have to be a loan deal, and players will probably have to exit his squad to make room.
Asked whether he was in for McPake, the Irish manager responded in complete shock at the question.
He replied: “From Rangers? Rangers? Are you actually telling me I am going to be signing a Rangers player? If he was from Celtic I might think about it.

“I haven’t seen that, I haven’t read that, I will go home and have a look and see where that has come from.
That's why this no-mark prick is managing Bristol Rovers and with an attitude like that, he'll be lucky to even hold on to that lofty position!

That would have hollicom all over it if it was the other way about, would be front a bck page getting called all the bigots under the sun.
Just sounds like one of those bigot factory nonce graduates!!

As a fan i would be concerned that my manager was such a hate fuelled prick that he would not be interested in a boy Liverpool and Roma were looking to poach.

Out and out bigot.

Hope they get relegated. Their strip looks like a rubgy team.

Always preferred Bristol City anyway.

Never heard of the guy.
Not just a bitter mentally challenged, but a bitter mentally challenged nobody.

For the easily offended, those wanting to be offended, those that are permanently raging and those that have not read the article but are still raging.

Here is the bit the OP deliberately missed out.

*He said tongue in cheek: “From Rangers? Rangers? Are you actually telling me I am going to be signing a Rangers player? If he was from Celtic I might think about it.

Settle down to a simmer girls.

all joking aside but if a manager says he'll never buy from a certain club then that becomes his and his clubs signing policy till he leaves
like ours and the mhanks we'll never buy a first team player from one another.
rivals in the league or for others reasons but thats the way it is
You can't put it to the side it clearly states *He said tongue in cheek:

Makes my support of Bristol City all that much stronger

On the back of that there’s now only one team for me in Bristol.

C’mon the Citey ....!!

Some of the replies on this thread really make you wonder for some people on here and how they manage to survive getting through real life if their online outrage is true.

Their song is Godnight Irene, apparently.

Perhaps Graham could take a leaf out of Leadbelly’s masterpiece and “jump in the river and drown”.

For the easily offended, those wanting to be offended, those that are permanently raging and those that have not read the article but are still raging.

Here is the bit the OP deliberately missed out.

*He said tongue in cheek: “From Rangers? Rangers? Are you actually telling me I am going to be signing a Rangers player? If he was from Celtic I might think about it.

Settle down to a simmer girls.
He's still a prick.

It’s worth pointing out that the ‘tongue in cheek’ part of the article was added some 6 hours after the original article- which didn’t include that part - was published. The OP didn’t ‘miss it out’ as some have suggested, it wasn’t there in the first place.

Back