Imagine this was from a Rangers supporting manager

grfcno1

Could you imagine the pish we would be reading here if a rangers supporting manager had said that about Celtic
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport...s/bristol-rovers-boss-graham-coughlan-3208773

Graham Coughlan has quickly shut down the transfer rumour doing the rounds in Scotland that Bristol Rovers are interested in signing Rangers’ teenage winger Josh McPake on loan.
The League One transfer window remains open until September 2 and Coughlan is known to be in the market for a speedy wideman.
With little money to spend, the Irish manager has made no secret of the fact that any additions to his squad would likely have to be a loan deal, and players will probably have to exit his squad to make room.
Asked whether he was in for McPake, the Irish manager responded in complete shock at the question.
He replied: “From Rangers? Rangers? Are you actually telling me I am going to be signing a Rangers player? If he was from Celtic I might think about it.

“I haven’t seen that, I haven’t read that, I will go home and have a look and see where that has come from.
“It is the first I have heard of it.”

I'm actually a wee bit pissed off by this scrote's comments.

My late dad used to support Rovers as his wee team when we lived in Bristol. I was just tiny at the time, but he told me that he used to go along to see Rovers because they played in Blue and City played in red.

And now they have an out and out shettleston bigot wank in charge. Get him tae phuck, Rovers :D

Could you imagine the pish we would be reading here if a rangers supporting manager had said that about Celtic
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport...s/bristol-rovers-boss-graham-coughlan-3208773

Graham Coughlan has quickly shut down the transfer rumour doing the rounds in Scotland that Bristol Rovers are interested in signing Rangers’ teenage winger Josh McPake on loan.
The League One transfer window remains open until September 2 and Coughlan is known to be in the market for a speedy wideman.
With little money to spend, the Irish manager has made no secret of the fact that any additions to his squad would likely have to be a loan deal, and players will probably have to exit his squad to make room.
Asked whether he was in for McPake, the Irish manager responded in complete shock at the question.
He replied: “From Rangers? Rangers? Are you actually telling me I am going to be signing a Rangers player? If he was from Celtic I might think about it.

“I haven’t seen that, I haven’t read that, I will go home and have a look and see where that has come from.
“It is the first I have heard of it.”

That pricks loss. The boy will be a star.

He doesn't seem to have much eloquence or decorum or even a faint glimmer of intelligence himself, so that's the type of drivel you get from a low level neanderthal.

Couldn’t really give a %^*& but if I was there chairman I’d be having words and saying if a player is available and improves us, we go for him regardless of which club he plays for.

Couldn’t really give a %^*& but if I was there chairman I’d be having words and saying if a player is available and improves us, we go for him regardless of which club he plays for.
Exactly, makes them look totally tin pot, he's managing a professional well known football team, not St Rochs ffs

I don't doubt there would be a bigger fuss made if the this was a Rangers fan saying it about a yahoo player but I've no real issue with someone hating us because they are a yahoo.

I'm quite comfortable with hating every single thing about them and telling people when asked this very thing :cool:

Shame to read this as I like rovers more out of the two bristol clubs.

Hopefully he gets the sack soon the bigot.

Well I don’t know the guy or what his degree of rabidness is but unless he is a known mentally challenged-type I would be inclined to view his comments as tongue in cheek.
(If he is in fact a mhanky bigot, then stuff him).

I'm sure the lifelong Rovers fans (i.e. people that are with the club for life, not just until they receive their inevitable jotters) will be delighted that he's written off the possibility of taking players on loan from Rangers.
I also hope Rangers take note.

A sensible chairman would sack him. The fool has just told his employer that he is incapable of impartiality. He can't therefore guarantee that he would do the right thing by his club.

Quite simple, never deal with that club whilst he is there.

They make a bid for any player tell them naw.

They have a diamond in the rough that we can steal, low ball them and force a move.

So he would pass on the opportunity to sign a player that might increase the chances of his team improving, thus boosting his own reputation, just because the player played for Rangers?

Pretty much sums them up actually.

Hating the team you supports rivals doesn't make you a bigot. Its not wrong to hate your rivals.
He's made the executive decision NOT to accept any players, for the betterment of the club he manages, from a club he dislikes. I think if I was one of the directors, I'd be having a quiet word.
He's a first time manager (since January!) and he's talking like he's Jose fucking Mourinho.

Plus, if I were Josh, and it was an option, I'd say "no thanks". I can imagine the "bants" the mentally challenged bastard would be dealing out to the young lad.

We had Doherty down in league one last year winning poty at Shrewsbury and getting double figures in goals and assists from midfield, and thats a level above his club. So clearly we've got players in our squad who might not be ready for our first team but could do a job at that level. For the sake of a cheap soundbite he's just blown any opportunity of ever getting a player from us, at Bristol Rovers or whatever other club he works at in future. Pretty stupid really - I mean I know theres plenty other clubs loaning out players but why would you bother with that comment, just pain daft.

Back