Impact substitution

Southseager

0sXF997.gif

That should be our only strategy with Kenny Miller - last 20 minutes.

He should never start.

He's still rapid for 15/20 minutes. We should take advantage of that when other teams are tired.

He should never start.

He's still rapid for 15/20 minutes. We should take advantage of that when other teams are tired.
Only chance that'll happen is if Hererra gets a shit load fitter and more mobile than he currently looks or if Hardie really shines when he gets given game time.

Weird how some players are great coming off the bench. Usually good for a goal. But when you give them 90 mins from the start they are shite.

Nacho scored some very important goals for us and was a fantastic impact sub and team player, gave his all and still cares , he is a true Ranger.

He should never start.

Exactly what I was coming on to post agree 100% Kenny is now an impact sub and only at striker.

I definitely think Kenny has plenty more to offer us, like most have already said, probably more so as an impact sub now.

But I was thinking that when his pace has well and truly gone, what do people think about moving him back a bit deeper in the midfield? He's got the composure, technical ability and know-how to still contribute a lot. I can't think of too many examples, but it's not unheard of for a more technically able striker to convert to a sort of deep-lying play-maker - I can recall Dwight Yorke and Nwanko Kanu doing something similar for their countries, and more recently you think of Wayne Rooney etc. Lee McCulloch even went down a similar route.

I'm not suggesting this just the now because as it's already been said, he still looks quite nippy when coming on in games, but just a thought that he could still be useful in other ways even when his goal threat has dried up.

I see no place for Miller other than up front. I also find your username quite disturbing. Why have the "black" in there? Never known him as anything other than "Big Marv"

I see no place for Miller other than up front. I also find your username quite disturbing. Why have the "black" in there? Never known him as anything other than "Big Marv"

I think his vision and passing ability are still there for all to see, shame to lose that because his legs are starting to go and he probably won't be that effective in the forward areas the closer we get to the end of the season. Would he have the capability to dig in and do the dirty work that the defensive side of playing in that role would require? Who knows, but it's worth a try as he's still one of our best players. As for the username, I was probably a bit ill advised in making my account while I was half bevvied last night!

Back