Impressed with the refereeing at the euros and wondered why no scots

The officiating has been first class, there's been 1 game where being picky the ref was a little whistle happy but every other game thr games have been allowed to flow, refs have been booking people for diving. Var hasn't impacted the games.

Too busy planning the grand conspiracy of the 2021/22 according to some trumpets on here.

Or maybe they are just quite sh*te.
I believe a number of scottish refs will look to assist Celtic and help them get that title back. I also think that will be the view in the Rangers dressing room ofcourse that will be something the manager uses to motivate his players.

Il tell you who will be the worst as its same every year, Bobby Madden.

If they were shite the best team would benefit all the time, we never do, if they were shite the tims would have issues with them, they dont. If they were shite the media would write about the poor standard of refereeing and demand sfa action.... that never happens as most of the press look at situations and decisions from a tim pov and when you do that there is zero to complain about.

I would suggest next season will be the worst ever for cheating and that its daft to write this new tim manager off when Celtic have so many friends in refereeing and also at sfa/spfl. Corruption and bias can be worth a good few points.

All he has to do is beat the other teams to challenge and any time they dont play well theres probably a friendly official around that can and will do something mental. Its not just refs theres 2 assistants on the line and a 4th official that can get involved any time the Celtic bench are pissed off.

Rangers will still be getting kicked around the pitch and picking up the first yellow card this is a tactic bent refs love as it also frustrates the life out of our players and our supporters. I dont see us getting many big calls in tight games unless its a 100 per cent decision no one can moan about like the tims red at Ibrox for the rugby tackle.

Dont know why our refs are not at the euros the VAR point makes sense i would like to think eufa have noticed how often our guys are at in this league but i very much doubt that. We dont have crap refs there is no poor standard.

We have not had a decent referee in this country since 6.4ft Tom (Tiny) Wharton!
Didn't take no back chat or lip from the players, they all new who was the boss!

For someone that came out of the Parkhead area, I never ever in my time heard anyone suggesting he favoured the blue or the green ....... Changed days?

Now it seem that ref's get upgraded going on what foot the kick with?

In all honesty, setting aside bias conspiracy etc, our referees are not good and incredibly inconsistent. I genuinely can’t think who could be put forward and pass any kind of performance scrutiny. I can’t imagine UEFA pick names out of a hat.
I would imagine uefa send referee assessors to watch our refs and probably in the big games. Watching Aberdeen players kick lumps out of our players without punishment and watching Clancy type performances in Old Firm games is not a good advert for Scots refs, even if big Peter of Uefa is putting in a good word.

Last edited:
The games I've watched the ref has rarely had to go to review VAR.

Wonder if that's been an intentional move for this tournament.
The lack of VAR intruding has been great. Seems that they're allowing the referee to run the game rather than constantly interrupting play for every stupid little mistake.

The very fact that no scotshit referees are involved is a very important reason why thy standard of performance is so good.

I would imagine uefa send referee assessors to watch our refs and probably in the big games. Watching Aberdeen players kick lumps out of our players without punishment and watching Clancy type performances in Old Firm games is not a good advert for Scots refs, even if big Peter of Uefa is putting in a good word.
Well put - that’s what i was trying to say clumsily

The refereeing has been top notch...cant recall one histrionic incident from a player after a decision to date.

The officials are letting a lot go which is good. I like the way the VAR is being used sparingly and quickly. Tournament has been enjoyable so far.

Back