Improvements to Ibrox for next season?

Tell you what I do like about recent cosmetic changes, I like the fact you can be driving over the Kingston Bridge and look over and see the "Welcome to Ibrox" mural between the Govan and Copland. Take that, timbo.
I hope your not in the drivers seat.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Resurface at the fanzone so it level etc.
On one hand I commend the club for actually trying to do something about the matchday stuff around the stadium. Long overdue.

But on the other hand I just look at it and think it reminds me of the 'community day' thing in Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights.

As a FanZone it is a pretty depressing effort. But I suppose it's a start ! Well let's just hope it's a 'start' and not the finished article !!!

Correct we can't lower the pitch anymore

I don't think we could install a Bar 72 type thing either on the Copland or Broomloan either due the overhead clearance?
Thats why I said reconfigure. The angle of slope can be changed slightly.

I think the toilets are spotless at my area (Club Deck) and it’s not the Clubs responsibility to provide WiFi so people can check their coupons or post photos to Facebook??

Thats why I said reconfigure. The angle of slope can be changed slightly.

Probably wouldn't work unless we rebuild all 3 stands as there is height clearance at the back of the Sandy Jardine Front that we have be concerned about

Sort out the stuff that's required for Health and Safety and that's it. Every resource should be put to getting a winning team on the park. A winning team makes all the other problems disappear, for a while anyway.

Whatever happened to the bar that was opening up in the Copland?
Was there not a sponsorship deal in place for it?

The roof of the govan needs badly fixed , game a few weeks ago v dundee people were getting absolutely soaked from the leaking, pretty much looked like a tap had been turned on from above.

One guy Seen the funny side and had a union Jack umbrella hat with him this week :D

I seen there was scaffolding on the roof on Sunday so maybe that's what there fixing?
Had the wife and kids with me for the Motherwell game at Christmas and we ended up the the Club Deck in CD7 and water was pouring in from the roof all game. Many people had to move.

The neglect of the stadium has been shameful.

We desperately need external investment.

Whatever happened to the bar that was opening up in the Copland?
Was there not a sponsorship deal in place for it?
I believe they could not get a licence for the amount of people needed for their design to be profitable.
There are so many rules and regulations to adhere too. Can be quite difficult to marry the idea to the reality. I think the cost was prohibitive to the income

Has the op emailed the SLO?

That’s a fair point but I still think the club should be taking the lead and proactively seeking the supporters views. How hard can it be, everybody on the database gets several emails a week previewing the game, looking back on the game etc. Why not include a survey seeking our views. Or is it because they don’t want to know the answers, is it because it’s easier to dismiss one or two lone voices who take the trouble to contact the club than the many thousands who would likely complete a survey?

Only four games left until the end of the season and its nearly that time again for work to continue behind the scenes as normal for staff inside Ibrox to get the place looking good as always for the coming season. On a positive note, what changes would you like to see carried out on the stadium during the summer months?

Personally for me, Rangers need to get rid of the old Toshiba 15" box style TV's that haven't worked since? And what year they were even installed? A real frustration for fans who cannot see the game properly sitting right up at the back of the Main Stand Rear, have a girder blocking their view of the game or cannot see the big screens at all to watch back replays. Money should be spent on buying new modern TV's because it really should be made a priority.

As also shown in the picture below, a lot of the lighting inside the stadium is that old dull orange style notibly on the roofs of the Main Stand, Sandy Jardine Stand and Copland Stand. LED's all round please like the Broomloan Stand roof, looked to have done that one and left the other three stands for some reason for quite a number of months now. A number of broken floodlights need to be fixed for the new season as well. Every light inside Ibrox in the present day should be LED.

Would like to see clear perspex being fitted and that old, out-dated yellow perspex on the three Broomloan, Copland and Sandy Jardine Stands (at corners of Argyle House Restaurant windows) taken out. Would be good to let some natural light into the stadium and also being able to see displays in the stands as well as the actual goals depending on where you sit if it was made clear!

Toilets need completely revamped, just so many things wrong with them and need to be brought into the present time. Not the 90's anymore.

Merchandise/Programme Kiosks in concourses should really have been implemented by now. Not every fan comes via the Subway on matchdays to head straight into the Megastore, some might not have time to purchase official club goods before the game due to time leaving work, but they could get it before the game in the concourse though where their seat is so fans can't miss out and the club makes more money this way.

Painting jobs to be carried on the two main gates, Saltire panels with the Rangers crests along the commentary deck, tunnel and dugout area.

Not having any access to WiFi is also a huge issue for fans who want to post photos of themselves being at Ibrox during the games on social media, not being able to send messages to people on your phone or not being able to check your bets and other important scores at half time and full time.

Ending this by saying its good to see the Safe Standing process coming along swiftly with surveys being conducted by Club 1872, might not be installed in the Copland Front next season but confident it will be done in time for 2019/2020.

What else that I've missed out on would you like to see new to Ibrox for next season?

Rangers+v+Aberdeen+016.jpg

What i would like to know is.!! When do you get time to watch the games. Ive watched the Gers since the days we had to walk up the stairs to a wee wooden hut for a pie & a bovril, and didn't have the wonderful facilities that grounds have now.
Don't tell me yes,but times have moved on from then,as i think that's nonsense as when my generation went to Ibrox,we went to watch the team playing.
And not to admire the decor or watch bloody T.V. ??

That’s a fair point but I still think the club should be taking the lead and proactively seeking the supporters views. How hard can it be, everybody on the database gets several emails a week previewing the game, looking back on the game etc. Why not include a survey seeking our views. Or is it because they don’t want to know the answers, is it because it’s easier to dismiss one or two lone voices who take the trouble to contact the club than the many thousands who would likely complete a survey?
Or maybe they are spending £3m this close season.
Has anyone any idea how much theses things cost ?
Where does the money come from?

Have a look at the OP, can you imagine just 250 fans writing in, with the greatest iof respect, he appears to have no grasp of reality

On one hand I commend the club for actually trying to do something about the matchday stuff around the stadium. Long overdue.

But on the other hand I just look at it and think it reminds me of the 'community day' thing in Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights.

As a FanZone it is a pretty depressing effort. But I suppose it's a start ! Well let's just hope it's a 'start' and not the finished article !!!

Pretty much my thoughts, sited in a disused car park in front of a derelict building.

I know there’s been lots mentioned previously about Edmiston House, full of asbestos, too costly to refurbish etc, but surely if there is no prospect of it being brought back into use, it would be better just to demolish it. As it stands it’s a complete eyesore and doesn’t reflect well on the club.

5 of us sit together and there’s only one can get a signal and it very rarely works.

Surely you go to watch the game rather than sit trying to get signals for a phone, if that's the case you should sit in the pub and just enjoy your phone.As the game seems to be secondary with your Saturday out.

Pretty much my thoughts, sited in a disused car park in front of a derelict building.

I know there’s been lots mentioned previously about Edmiston House, full of asbestos, too costly to refurbish etc, but surely if there is no prospect of it being brought back into use, it would be better just to demolish it. As it stands it’s a complete eyesore and doesn’t reflect well on the club.
Yes mate - it's not the most 'aesthetically pleasing' site or position for this so-called FanZone. That's what I was getting at in my post - it just looks pretty rubbish. Phoenix Nights type stuff.

I really hope they are going to do something to improve it because - again - it's something that falls way below the standards of what our club should be achieving.

And the sooner the take down Edmiston House, the better.

Had the wife and kids with me for the Motherwell game at Christmas and we ended up the the Club Deck in CD7 and water was pouring in from the roof all game. Many people had to move.

The neglect of the stadium has been shameful.

We desperately need external investment.

That's a genuine complaint and should have an instant response from the club, especially with the cost of taking the family to a game.
But to read of some of the demands some fans on here make regarding food and T.V.s not working, it's nothing short of a joke as you don't go to football to watch other sports etc. rather than concentrate in watching your team. Complaints that's completely unfounded in my opinion. But as they say, it wouldn't do if we were all made the same.

Surely you go to watch the game rather than sit trying to get signals for a phone, if that's the case you should sit in the pub and just enjoy your phone.As the game seems to be secondary with your Saturday out.

Surely you should read my original post before making yourself look like a clown.

Or maybe they are spending £3m this close season.
Has anyone any idea how much theses things cost ?
Where does the money come from?

I completely get that we’re not exactly flush with cash and the playing side has to take priority. However it’s plain to see that due to neglect over a number of years money needs to be spent on the stadium. Clearly within that some things have to be prioritised over others. When you read of supporters sitting at the game getting soaked because the roof is leaking then that has to be one of the top things on the list whereas something like Wi-fi shouldn’t even be on the list right now.

What all these things will cost and whether we are spending £3 million this close season I really have no idea as I can’t recall any announcement by the club to that effect.

Back in June 2016 Dave King outlined some of what they wanted to do in relation to the refurbishment of Ibrox and the environs as part of project 2022. He said at the time that we would be told more in the coming months. Well maybe I’ve missed the further announcements but I certainly don’t recall anything further being said about it.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-response-4/

I agree with the demolition, but woukd imagine the cost will come in to it at this moment

I completely get that we’re not exactly flush with cash and the playing side has to take priority. However it’s plain to see that due to neglect over a number of years money needs to be spent on the stadium. Clearly within that some things have to be prioritised over others. When you read of supporters sitting at the game getting soaked because the roof is leaking then that has to be one of the top things on the list whereas something like Wi-fi shouldn’t even be on the list right now.

What all these things will cost and whether we are spending £3 million this close season I really have no idea as I can’t recall any announcement by the club to that effect.

Back in June 2016 Dave King outlined some of what they wanted to do in relation to the refurbishment of Ibrox and the environs as part of project 2022. He said at the time that we would be told more in the coming months. Well maybe I’ve missed the further announcements but I certainly don’t recall anything further being said about it.

I'm pretty sure he said it at the AGM, a friend of mine is involved in the remedial work being carried out.
It is this sort of financial outlay that the fans who complain about the board appear not to take in to account

Good post mate.

Surprise, surprise - f.uck all from them on this since King said this in June 2016:

".....We will communicate further in the coming months about our very exciting Project 2022 that is presently being developed and will run to completion in time for the Club’s 150th anniversary celebrations. This project will engage our supporters directly and I am certain will provide an outcome that you will all be extremely proud of."

Too expensive just now, but for 2022 I would like all seats replaced with new Blue ones, the current are fading with sun bleaching and it would really smarten the place up.

The cost of demolishing Edmiston House wouldn't be high due to the asbestos as I have been involved in projects like this. Looks like the board just don't see it as a priority like the manager's position at present.

Maybe Stewart Robertson could clear it up for us.

The club don't communicate what needs done or what they're doing so, naturally, people don't know.

Tbh, I keep hearing about the money spent behind the scenes on the stadium but I can't say I've seen much evidence of it. There are a lot of very basic issues - easy wins - that could be addressed very cheaply and quickly but they remain.

It's another area of the club that appears to be just limping along and there is no energy or impetus to it at all.

The cost of demolishing Edmiston House wouldn't be high due to the asbestos. Looks like the board just don't see it as a priority like the manager's position at present.

Maybe Stewart Robertson could clear it up for us.
I think you woulds be looking at a six figure some to demolish and clear site

The club don't communicate what needs done or what they're doing so, naturally, people don't know.

Tbh, I keep hearing about the money spent behind the scenes on the stadium but I can't say I've seen much evidence of it. There are a lot of very basic issues - easy wins - that could be addressed very cheaply and quickly but they remain.

It's another area of the club that appears to be just limping along and there is no energy or impetus to it at all.
What are the basic ones you would like to see done ?

Absolutely no transparency from this board - on virtually anything.

The whole clubs 'communications' with fans is shocking. Absolutely dreadful.

Dave King's patronising tone at the AGM about justifying the length of time taken to appoint a new manager gave us a worrying insight into how these guys see things.

They are winging it as they go along.

One thing everybody is forgetting.............................it takes a lot of money so where do you spend it first on the team or renovating the Stadium?

The brickwork around the stadiun could do with a good shot blast as well as the gates small things like that make a big difference

Totally agree with this as I have been talking about this a lot to people recently i.e. we keep hearing about money spent on Ibrox without any evidence whilst the board don't communicate what they are meant to have done.

I was in hospitality recently in the Main Stand and you could see there were new carpets in there but it didn't cost several million quid.

it's not until you go to a game abroad you see how far behind we are. I went to a game at Gent in Belgium, unreal food, great beer, no standing for 5 mins in toilet cues, and stinking of smoke.
Nice comfy seats with leg room, unlike some seats in the main stand.
I drove past Ibrox yesterday and i shook my head at the moss growing on the top part of the stadium, now i know other people do not care about this but i think it looks shoddy, just get a guy up with a karcher and spray the place clean, it is not expensive to do.

Totally agree with this as I have been talking about this a lot to people recently i.e. we keep hearing about money spent on Ibrox without any evidence whilst the board don't communicate what they are meant to have done.

I was in hospitality recently in the Main Stand and you could see there were new carpets in there but it didn't cost several million quid.
Of course they didn;t but add it on to everything else, it quickly adds up

it's not until you go to a game abroad you see how far behind we are. I went to a game at Gent in Belgium, unreal food, great beer, no standing for 5 mins in toilet cues, and stinking of smoke.
Nice comfy seats with leg room, unlike some seats in the main stand.
I drove past Ibrox yesterday and i shook my head at the moss growing on the top part of the stadium, now i know other people do not care about this but i think it looks shoddy, just get a guy up with a karcher and spray the place clean, it is not expensive to do.
How much is it ?

I think the toilets are spotless at my area (Club Deck) and it’s not the Clubs responsibility to provide WiFi so people can check their coupons or post photos to Facebook??
Toilets in the EE are disgusting as is the general concourse area at the food kiosks. Queuing for food and having to queue next to the entrance to the gents which is reeking of pish and smoke.

The roof of the Club Deck was supposed to get cleaned 3 years ago. It's still dirty to this day. I hear about carpets in hospitality suites but, as you say, this isn't costing millions.

It's another area where, if you made the fans feel part of it and laid bare what needed to be done, they might find the fans receptive to funding work. There's no need for the board to be martyrs here. You have a willing support that's desperate to be involved but you're not involving them.

Back