Improvements to Ibrox for next season?

Toilets in the EE are disgusting as is the general concourse area at the food kiosks. Queuing for food and having to queue next to the entrance to the gents which is reeking of pish and smoke.
Are they mate, I'm sorry I was only speaking from my own point of view and the toilets I use in the ground are spot on.

Toilets with that volume of bodies are going to smell as they do at my bit too after a while but the smoking shouldn't be happening. Anyone smoking in the ground/toilets should be banned for life in my book.

to get guy on the roof with a karcher?? I couldn't see it being more than 2k to get the whole thing pressure washed.
Exactly what I was saying, understand the construction things will be expensive but cleaning the place up with a pressure washer is surely in budget and the minimum we should be doing

Are they mate, I'm sorry I was only speaking from my own point of view and the toilets I use in the ground are spot on.

Toilets with that volume of bodies are going to smell as they do at my bit too after a while but the smoking shouldn't be happening. Anyone smoking in the ground/toilets should be banned for life in my book.
I know mate, was just pointing out that we are not all as lucky as the Club Deck when it comes to facilities! Guess you guys need something extra for climbing all those stairs ;)

On the smell from the toilets, there is obviously problems with the drainage or cleaning as even during non match days, the concourse reeks of pish. Talking from experience after being inside the concourse on the Football Fans in Training programme, not pleasant!

The roof of the Club Deck was supposed to get cleaned 3 years ago. It's still dirty to this day. I hear about carpets in hospitality suites but, as you say, this isn't costing millions.

It's another area where, if you made the fans feel part of it and laid bare what needed to be done, they might find the fans receptive to funding work. There's no need for the board to be martyrs here. You have a willing support that's desperate to be involved but you're not involving them.
3 years ago ? was that the old board ? or was it announced when the current board came in as a priority ?

I can't give you an exhaustive list but there's been ones mentioned on this thread. Why are new TV's so difficult to buy? Why are Celtic stickers still in the Broomloan? Is it so difficult just to clean the place? I'd even clean my own area for nothing!
That's the thing mate - it's some very basic, low cost stuff that is not getting done.

Removing mentally challenged stickers, for example, should have been done the day after they were discovered. There are no excuses for that. None at all.

3 years ago ? was that the old board ? or was it announced when the current board came in as a priority ?

It was mentioned in summer 2015. I appreciate that the old board are responsible for the neglect but, as with other areas of the club, that's a declining currency.

What is a priority? Perhaps the club should tell us. If you can't do the cosmetic stuff that people see (like giving the place a clean) then you need to tell them what you're actually doing.

Tbh some people need a reality check, he'! The stadium needs a tidy up and major work also but we have more pressing issues!! Where would I start..well a competent manager and back room team, organisation in the board room with an infrastructure in place and a squad of winners with the baws to perform and carry our jersey.

Honestly......some of the folk on here are better off just staying in the house! What a bunch of moaning faced bitches!!! My God!!

Get the important issues sorted out on the actual football front and then everything else will fall into place.

I completely get that we’re not exactly flush with cash and the playing side has to take priority. However it’s plain to see that due to neglect over a number of years money needs to be spent on the stadium. Clearly within that some things have to be prioritised over others. When you read of supporters sitting at the game getting soaked because the roof is leaking then that has to be one of the top things on the list whereas something like Wi-fi shouldn’t even be on the list right now.

What all these things will cost and whether we are spending £3 million this close season I really have no idea as I can’t recall any announcement by the club to that effect.

Back in June 2016 Dave King outlined some of what they wanted to do in relation to the refurbishment of Ibrox and the environs as part of project 2022. He said at the time that we would be told more in the coming months. Well maybe I’ve missed the further announcements but I certainly don’t recall anything further being said about it.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-response-4/

Yes, this sounded really interesting at the time, but I don't think we've hear anything about this since?

Tbh some people need a reality check, he'! The stadium needs a tidy up and major work also but we have more pressing issues!! Where would I start..well a competent manager and back room team, organisation in the board room with an infrastructure in place and a squad of winners with the baws to perform and carry our jersey.

Honestly......some of the folk on here are better off just staying in the house! What a bunch of moaning faced bitches!!! My God!!

Get the important issues sorted out on the actual football front and then everything else will fall into place.

We didn't get to have what was once considered the best stadium in the UK and is, still, in my opinion, one of the best by neglecting the place and spending every penny on the team.

What would your estimation be to pressure wash the steel on top of the club deck ? Ball park
I have no idea as I don't know if you would need scaffolding or a lift, but nothing comes cheap,
That stand is very long and would probably take 4 men a month just to wash itplus all the remediable work plus safety conditions, i would think maybe 4/5K as a guess

Cleaning the place, upgrading some lighting and fixing the leaking roof are all good uses of money. However, a penny spent on WiFi is a penny wasted. The player pool is orders of magnitude more important than this.

We didn't get to have what was once considered the best stadium in the UK and is, still, in my opinion, one of the best by neglecting the place and spending every penny on the team.
Yes and never in my life did I think that teams like Burnley and West Brom and the likes would have more financial clout and draw than Glasgow Rangers but guess what, we can't live in the past and things and time changes so we just have to adapt and try and move on as a club as best we can and where we are just now after almost going to the wall is a pretty decent place considering everything the club has gone through. Like I said if the football issues get sorted then more finances become available for the ancillary items that you're moaning about.

Moss, wifi, a rubbish pie, seats fading with the sun, the odd sticker, shit tv's, a bit of worn carpet etc etc etc......all absolute bullshit in my opinion!

Yes and never in my life did I think that teams like Burnley and West Brom and the likes would have more financial clout and draw than Glasgow Rangers but guess what, we can't live in the past and things and time changes so we just have to adapt and try and move on as a club as best we can and where we are just now after almost going to the wall is a pretty decent place considering everything the club has gone through. Like I said if the football issues get sorted then more finances become available for the ancillary items that you're moaning about.

Moss, wifi, a rubbish pie, seats fading with the sun, the odd sticker, shit tv's, a bit of worn carpet etc etc etc......all absolute bullshit in my opinion!
Well summoned up

It's called having standards - standards that match the greatness of the club we love. Standards have been allowed to drop at an alarming rate on even the most basic of things. That's the issue.

When you do away with these standards, you just become another club.

It's called having standards - standards that match the greatness of the club we love. Standards have been allowed to drop at an alarming rate on even the most basic of things. That's the issue.

Standards that go hand in hand with PRIORITIES. I would say at the moment the priorities are more important than the standards.

Once the priorities are dealt with, the standards will improve as I've said previously.

I think you woulds be looking at a six figure some to demolish and clear site

Come on, it makes sense, we really need a random piece of flat ground at the moment. We're desperate for it. It doesn't matter what it costs, what we are left with, and why. It is of the utmost priority, can't you see. Players can come later. What is this board thinking about, especially that guy who picked Pedro and then there's that Robertson fella.
With Sunderland going down, do we think Martin Bain would be available. It was probably under his careful stewardship that the stand was last painted properly.

Yes, that's the answer, bring back Martin Bain.

I have no idea as I don't know if you would need scaffolding or a lift, but nothing comes cheap,
That stand is very long and would probably take 4 men a month just to wash itplus all the remediable work plus safety conditions, i would think maybe 4/5K as a guess
Yeah my thoughts I was thinking around 6/7 .. In my opinion that should be done once a year as standard. Driving up to Ibrox and seeing moss or dirt on the main stand annoys me

Totally agree, I think many of us accept it as we are there every second Saturday and it becomes the norm. Bring along someone who's never been to Ibrox or not been for a while and you can guarantee they will notice how tired and outdated the stadium is and it's a damned shame.

Can you elaborate..
There’s videos online from the 2-3 game of them just ripping up our chairs and the police just standing and watching them. Throwing missiles and all sorts. Run up there and pull the wee smell by the scruff and get him oot, dae a Lethal Weapon.

Standards that go hand in hand with PRIORITIES. I would say at the moment the priorities are more important than the standards.

Once the priorities are dealt with, the standards will improve as I've said previously.
Things like like replacing a few tv's here and there - not expensive - and removing mentally challenged stickers from our stadium - not expensive - should be taken as granted. That's the kind of negligence and lowering of standards I'm talking about. No excuse for not doing that kind of stuff as well as the on-field stuff.

M
Totally agree, I think many of us accept it as we are there every second Saturday and it becomes the norm. Bring along someone who's never been to Ibrox or not been for a while and you can guarantee they will notice how tired and outdated the stadium is and it's a damned shame.
My Mrs comes up to maybe 2 or 3 games a season.

Her first one this season was the Motherwell one at Christmas and she said the place looked "very tatty".

Also didn't help when the rain was pouring in from the roof of the Club Deck.

I know we have on field priorities, but the board have to make money available for stadium improvements as well. It's our 'home' and we should feel proud of it every second Saturday.

What did the press say to Bill Struth in 1928 when we'd built the Main Stand? A bit ostentatious for a football club? But we did it anyway. And Struth was justified in telling them it would still be standing there when they were all gone.

The club committed to a £10m redevelopment of Ibrox in 1978 when the balance sheet would have been less than a tenth of that. But we did it anyway.

Rangers have not got anywhere by accepting second best, lowering standards and not caring. And I don't suggest we start now.

What did the press say to Bill Struth in 1928 when we'd built the Main Stand? A bit ostentatious for a football club? But we did it anyway. And Struth was justified in telling them it would still be standing there when they were all gone.

The club committed to a £10m redevelopment of Ibrox in 1978 when the balance sheet would have been less than a tenth of that. But we did it anyway.

Rangers have not got anywhere by accepting second best, lowering standards and not caring. And I don't suggest we start now.
Nobodies not caring.

£5k is nothing when you take into account what a massive difference it’d make. The board have been in power now for a long time, there’s really no excuse for how shambolic large parts of the stadium remain.

£5k is nothing when you take into account what a massive difference it’d make. The board have been in power now for a long time, there’s really no excuse for how shambolic large parts of the stadium remain.
Nothing ,really.
Why don't we all pat £5K as a one off ST payment,bring us in £212m
I think you will fond £5K is a lot of money, but not if it is your money we are spending

How many TV's do we have in Ibrox? maybe 100
x £600 that would be £60000,plus another £20K for brackets, upgrading cables and fitting not expensive if we had the money, but....

When it’s a football club that has raked in millions from season tickets over the last three years then it really shouldn’t be too much to ask for.
It's a football club that doesn't come near paying it;s staff with the ST money and is only kept going by our directors and others with soft loans

It's a football club that doesn't come near paying it;s staff with the ST money and is only kept going by our directors and others with soft loans
Well the board have been telling us since they came in that they have been investing in Ibrox but it’s in areas “people don’t see”. The problem is they don’t tell anyone what they’ve actually done, because there’s large parts of the ground that are filthy. It doesn’t cost a lot to clean up and paint, particularly when you consider some of the other things we’ve wasted money on.

Imagine the amount of maintenance work that could’ve been paid for using Stewart Robertson’s bonus...

Well the board have been telling us since they came in that they have been investing in Ibrox but it’s in areas “people don’t see”. The problem is they don’t tell anyone what they’ve actually done, because there’s large parts of the ground that are filthy. It doesn’t cost a lot to clean up and paint, particularly when you consider some of the other things we’ve wasted money on.

Imagine the amount of maintenance work that could’ve been paid for using Stewart Robertson’s bonus...
Can I ask what you work as ?

you sound as miserable as Martin Bain, cannot see any positives at all from fellow posters or have any confidence in speculating to accumulate.
5 k is nothing to a football club the size of Rangers, we probably make more from selling bovril on a saturday.
Speculating to accumulate ? are you sure you are talking to the right person.
I'm the most positive person on this planet when we are talking about our fans/Club /Board
Do you realise that the Bovril stalls are run by a third party and not Rangers ?

This in buckets.

Part of the problem is that communications and engagement from the club to the fans is virtually non-existent. And to think they promised us transparency !!

Silent, invisible men is not what I had hoped for form this board. But it's what we have.

How many TV's do we have in Ibrox? maybe 100
x £600 that would be £60000,plus another £20K for brackets, upgrading cables and fitting not expensive if we had the money, but....

There’s no reason to replace the main stand TVs . They are obsolete . Just remove them .they get in the way .

Also there’s no excuse for Celtic stickers still being in the broomloan . It’s just laziness and these small things count .

To say just ignore the shoddiness of our ground? When people are willing to volunteer it would be churlish and strange not to take them up on it.

There’s no reason to replace the main stand TVs . They are obsolete . Just remove them .they get in the way .

Also there’s no excuse for Celtic stickers still being in the broomloan . It’s just laziness and these small things count .

To say just ignore the shoddiness of our ground? When people are willing to volunteer it would be churlish and strange not to take them up on it.
I don't think one person said to ignore it. You cannot have volunteers doing the work unless the they have specific insurance cover

Simple standards befitting the Rangers Football Club in terms of cleanliness and basic maintenance and a better team on the pitch are not mutually exclusive possibilities, even in our financial position.

We have crappy concourse TVs and toilets as well as occasional roof leaking. And that's just off the top of my head. Sorry, but under no circumstances should this ever be acceptable. I get the impression, however, it is not so much a question of funding such improvements but one of actual desire and energy to get on with it from people like Robertson.

If the club is reluctant to sign off a few grand on cleaning our home as well as perhaps involving well-intentioned supporters willing to help, then perhaps we're in bigger trouble than we think.

Simple standards befitting the Rangers Football Club in terms of cleanliness and basic maintenance and a better team on the pitch are not mutually exclusive possibilities, even in our financial position.

We have crappy concourse TVs and toilets as well as occasional roof leaking. And that's just off the top of my head. Sorry, but under no circumstances should this ever be acceptable. I get the impression, however, it is not so much a question of funding such improvements but one of actual desire and energy to get on with it from people like Robertson.

If the club is reluctant to sign off a few grand on cleaning our home as well as perhaps involving well-intentioned supporters willing to help, then perhaps we're in bigger trouble than we think.

I’m pretty sure all toilets and inside the stadium is clean before the doors open on a match day, however a 50,000 footfall will probably impact on this as the day progresses.

I don’t go to football to watch the television on the concourses. I honestly couldn’t care less if they removed every television from the stadium personally.

Back