Improving MyGers in build up to OF games

Kowloon72

This season, a trend has developed where a 'benefit' of MyGers is priority access to returned (via seat sub) Old Firm tickets for non season ticket holders. I got one myself at 10:30 while at Queen St station.

The issue is that allocation of the tickets is chaotic, involves fans constantly scrambling to refresh and try and get tickets in their basket, and only benefits those who live near Glasgow or have risked heading in.

Any sensible and workable solutions to this? I'm of the mind that this actually is a decent perk of MyGers and the fact I got a ticket means I'll now renew. If the club can smooth out ticket allocation all the better.

Personally, I'd have sat anywhere. And think they should consider doing these tickets like away allocations. People could register their interest and check their baskets at pre arranged times with a deadline of an hour to make payment before losing access to the ticket and the next ones getting allocated.

If it's true that SeatSub tickets are going to hospitality and not for resale then that is a massive failure and will make people think twice about renewing MyGers. I have no problem with a loyalty scheme, but the rules should have been carved in stone before it was sold.

When does MyGers auto renew?

Totally in two minds this season about it, I've had two away tickets and a semi final ticket which I reckon I could have got with persistence.

Not sure its worth it.

When does MyGers auto renew?

Totally in two minds this season about it, I've had two away tickets and a semi final ticket which I reckon I could have got with persistence.

Not sure its worth it.
This is the answer I got when I emailed and asked-

“Hi,
Thanks for your email.

We would be unable to give any timeframe on this but are hoping this may be within the coming months.

Regards

Sean”

If it's true that SeatSub tickets are going to hospitality and not for resale then that is a massive failure and will make people think twice about renewing MyGers. I have no problem with a loyalty scheme, but the rules should have been carved in stone before it was sold.

Agreed. But ultimately I got one, and I wasn't even on all morning. I actually missed the first batch at 9:30 when it seemed most people got sorted. Then I was on from about 10:15 until 10:30. So a fair number did eventually go to MyGers members.

As usual, the issue with the club is communication. This "process" isn't even communicated. It's left to fans on here and social media to disseminate it. The club first need to be transparent about what % of seat sub tickets go to hospitality, how many go to MyGers non-ST holders, and how an when those MG members should be checking.

For someone in my situation, MyGers has been ideal. I work abroad, and am happy to pay for priority access to big games the odd time I'm back. I wouldn't have been very happy mind you if I had missed out this weekend.

I've defended MyGers quite a lot as a membership scheme was a necessity.

But I've had two domestic away tickets (none since November) to the point where I might not even bother applying for the post split games as why should I now pick up the tickets cos a lot of people won't go now the league is done when I've had hee haw all year?

The away scheme has to go back to the 4 or 5 games allocated start of season and the travel club needs to be independent.

This is the answer I got when I emailed and asked-

“Hi,
Thanks for your email.

We would be unable to give any timeframe on this but are hoping this may be within the coming months.

Regards

Sean”
Fuckin’ Sean.

To a lot of people in it MyGers is just an expensive way to buy a limited range of seats to games against Livvy, I mean not all the games against Livvy, clearly.

Back