Improving the Squad (Player Suggestions)

You think he’d cost about 4m Necro ? That bit worries me, but he looks to have Alfie like qualities & is a good age.
He's in the same position at Fenerbache that Barisic is in here.

Looked consistently solid at his former club but hasn't managed to settle and get a consistent run of games at his new club.

He's one that we could get by tempting a financially strained club with a quick profit but beyond the summer I'm confident he'd be one of the key players in Fenerbaches rise back up the table after a few months.

Ferguson is about to sign a big extension to his sheep deal seemingly.

We should be all over him.
Literally all we’d have to do is tell his dad or uncle that we’re interested and he wouldn’t sign it.

We won’t though, we’ll go for him next summer and have to compete with English clubs

Literally all we’d have to do is tell his dad or uncle that we’re interested and he wouldn’t sign it.

We won’t though, we’ll go for him next summer and have to compete with English clubs

Im not so sure to be honest his Dad was on the Radio saying ho good they have been to him up there and it's so important hes playing every week.

A wee should Rangers come calling clause would do!

He was possibly playing in the 10 role in a few of those clips, he used to fill in there when needed.
Good player mate but Fenerbache have a habit of paying big wages to their foreign players,Skrtel being a prime example.Unless it's a loan deal I couldn't see us affording him tbh.

He's in the same position at Fenerbache that Barisic is in here.

Looked consistently solid at his former club but hasn't managed to settle and get a consistent run of games at his new club.

He's one that we could get by tempting a financially strained club with a quick profit but beyond the summer I'm confident he'd be one of the key players in Fenerbaches rise back up the table after a few months.

Thanks mate.

Good player mate but Fenerbache have a habit of paying big wages to their foreign players,Skrtel being a prime example.Unless it's a loan deal I couldn't see us affording him tbh.

That was a concern I had Cav. But he does look a real fit for the Alfie role the way he brings others into the game.

Reactions: cav
Championship manager scouting?
Do you honestly think I'd attempt to start a conversation about players I know nothing about?

Frey in particular I've been following for about 3 seasons now, If the old board is still around you can find another thread I started about him.

I think the formation we employ right now means that we don't go down the middle against teams and favour going out wide, so with all this talk of getting a number ten or a behind the striker type player i'm not sure exactly where they would fit in unless something changes

Anyone that caught the Swansea vs Brentford highlights at the weekend will have been impressed by Daniel James and Bersant Celina.

James would be outwith our budget now, but Celina could be the number 10 we've been crying out for. He's a 22 year old former Man City youth player with 11 caps for Kosovo.

A video from his loan spell at Ipswich last season. The goals at 0:50 and 0:57 highlight his ability to score from distance too, something we have been lacking for a long time and vital to have against teams that sit 10 men behind the ball.

It's going to be very interesting to see what the signing strategy will be in the close season. Hard to see Gerrard dipping into the Balkan market, I don't think he's been too impressed by Katic, Barisic & Grezda. I think we'll see more OOC signings, out of those mentioned above I wouldn't mind Shinnie & Halkett to supplement the squad. Midfield needs an overhaul and it's obvious we need creative players who have a decent dig on them, someone in the mould of GVB or Albertz would do nicely.
After having a good look at the opposition this season, I'm sure the management team are all over what is required to mount a serious challenge for the title next season.

Nick Powell a good number 10 who we can get for free this summer would be a start a dominant left footed CB like Jake Cooper Barry Douglas has fallen out of favour at Leeds he is a good left back and a striker like the ones you have mentioned get Kent back for at least the season and another winger of his ilk and we will be pretty much there

Isn’t Douglas a big bear KGR ?

Kristoffer Peterson - Winger - Out of contract at Heracles.
Graeme Shinnie - Anywhere on left would be good back up - Out of contract at Aberdeen.
Steven Naishame - Makes such a difference to Hearts - Out of contract at Everton.
Elvir Koljic - ST - Craiova.
Greg Stewart - Out Of Contract - Birmingham.
Jake Hastie - Young Winger - Out of Contract - Motherwell.
Craig Halkett - CB - Out of contract - Livingston.
Vasilios Lampropoulos - CB - Out of contract - AEK
Marko Livaja - ST - AEK.
To name a few.
It takes the right recruitment not stupid money to find players.
Our scouting department needs to deliver in the summer bigtime.

I watched that Jake Hastie boy on the highlights mate.
Great going forward but didn’t track back. At his age he’s got scope for learning right enough.

Jake Hastie would be very good on a free but it probably won’t happen. Not necessarily as a starter but it looks like he has the potential to be one.

Anyone that caught the Swansea vs Brentford highlights at the weekend will have been impressed by Daniel James and Bersant Celina.

James would be outwith our budget now, but Celina could be the number 10 we've been crying out for. He's a 22 year old former Man City youth player with 11 caps for Kosovo.

A video from his loan spell at Ipswich last season. The goals at 0:50 and 0:57 highlight his ability to score from distance too, something we have been lacking for a long time and vital to have against teams that sit 10 men behind the ball.

I might be wrong, but I'm sure Swansea paid about 4m to buy Celina from City last summer. He's a very good player.

I might be wrong, but I'm sure Swansea paid about 4m to buy Celina from City last summer. He's a very good player.
I think I read about £4m too (£3m up front and another £1m in potential ad-ons).

With Swansea unlikely to make the play-offs, he might be available for £5-8m if he doesn't fancy another year in the Championship. A very big fee for us, but could be a shrewd investment if he continues to improve at his current rate.

If we get money for Morelos should go for an experienced striker and a no 10. in their mid twenties. We need experience if we are going for the title next season.

This guy could be a great number 10 strong quick feet direct tearing it up in Romania Steua Bucharest monitoring his progress

Jakub SWIERCZOK is someone that as impressed me everytime ive saw him at verious different clubs. now playing in Bulgaria with ludogorets. Only 5'10 but the want he can hold a ball up with his back to goal holding off people is unreal. He has become an international since moving there and his goal scoring will have increased his 1m transfer fee they paid for him. Id say around 3m we could get him and considering Piatek at AC milan now cost Genoa 4m a few years ago i think it could be a great bit of business.

Back