Imran Ahmad to sue police

DavyMcK

Official Ticketer
And so it rolls on, doesn't affect us as a club directly but when will it all end...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47707934

A former director of Rangers is suing the chief constable of Police Scotland and the Lord Advocate for wrongful prosecution, BBC Scotland has learned.
The club's former commercial director Imran Ahmad was wanted in connection with fraud charges relating to the purchase of the club's assets in 2015.
The charges were eventually dropped.
A lawyer for Mr Ahmad, who now lives in Pakistan, confirmed to BBC Scotland that Mr Ahmad is now looking for damages of £2m.
Damages claims
The former Rangers chief executive Charles Green is also suing Police Scotland for wrongful arrest after his charges were also dropped.

The club's former administrators, David Whitehouse and Paul Clark, are separately seeking damages of about £9m.
Mr Ahmad's lawyer Eric Baijal told BBC Scotland: "We can confirm that Imran Ahmad has initiated legal proceedings against the chief constable of Police Scotland and the Lord Advocate in relation to what he argues was a wrongful prosecution brought against him.
"Our client maintains he is entitled to significant damages as a result of the prosecution against him.
"Our client understands that there are now five court actions raised against either Police Scotland and/or the Lord Advocate, arising from the investigation and prosecution.
"As these proceedings are under way it would be inappropriate for our client to comment further at this time."
Charges of fraud were also brought against the club's former owner, Craig Whyte, but he was cleared after trial at the High Court in Glasgow in 2017.
A spokesman for Police Scotland said: "Police Scotland can confirm legal proceedings have been intimated. It would not be appropriate to comment further."

A former director of Rangers is suing the chief constable of Police Scotland and the Lord Advocate for wrongful prosecution, BBC Scotland has learned.
The club's former commercial director Imran Ahmad was wanted in connection with fraud charges relating to the purchase of the club's assets in 2015.
The charges were eventually dropped.
A lawyer for Mr Ahmad, who now lives in Pakistan, confirmed to BBC Scotland that Mr Ahmad is now looking for damages of £2m.
Damages claims
The former Rangers chief executive Charles Green is also suing Police Scotland for wrongful arrest after his charges were also dropped.
The club's former administrators, David Whitehouse and Paul Clark, are separately seeking damages of about £9m.
Mr Ahmad's lawyer Eric Baijal told BBC Scotland: "We can confirm that Imran Ahmad has initiated legal proceedings against the chief constable of Police Scotland and the Lord Advocate in relation to what he argues was a wrongful prosecution brought against him.
"Our client maintains he is entitled to significant damages as a result of the prosecution against him.
"Our client understands that there are now five court actions raised against either Police Scotland and/or the Lord Advocate, arising from the investigation and prosecution.
"As these proceedings are under way it would be inappropriate for our client to comment further at this time."
Charges of fraud were also brought against the club's former owner, Craig Whyte, but he was cleared after trial at the High Court in Glasgow in 2017 .
A spokesman for Police Scotland said: "Police Scotland can confirm legal proceedings have been intimated. It would not be appropriate to comment further

So Imran wants £2m, the D&P two want £9m and Chuckles wants his £20m. A cool £31m between them if they succeed.

What a high price to pay simply because some in Police Scotland and COPFS put their football loyalties ahead of their professional responsibilities. Hell mend them (all of them).

Last edited:
its another name I had all but forgotten about, or at least never ever though about, but being reminded of him again brings back memories of the whole gang of thieves and rogues that were involved at one stage or another over those bleak years. One thing I'll never forget is sitting in the drizzle looking on at Somers / Sleasdales etc in that bloody AGM tent on the pitch and thinking "wtf do we do from here"

Absolutely everything involving these spiv cu.nts always had the same punchline:

"I want money"

"Wheres ma money"

"Gies money"

Not one shread of decency or responsibility amongst them.

Horrible bastards, a stain on society.

Seems we've two threads on the go.

So Imran wants £2m, the D&P two want £9m and Chuckles wants his £20m. A cool £31m between them in they succeed.

What a high price to pay simply because some in Police Scotland and COPFS put their football loyalties ahead of their professional responsibilities. Hell mend them (all of them).

Ideally it comes out of the Police/CPS budget and it prompts a proper review into the case.

So Imran wants £2m, the D&P two want £9m and Chuckles wants his £20m. A cool £31m between them in they succeed.

What a high price to pay simply because some in Police Scotland and COPFS put their football loyalties ahead of their professional responsibilities. Hell mend then (all of them).

They deserve sued and sacked. A complete shambles of a prosecution.

What a high price to pay simply because some in Police Scotland and COPFS put their football loyalties ahead of their professional responsibilities. Hell mend then (all of them).

Its unpalatable to see these Spivs resurface - and I detest everyone one of them like we all do - it is ironically Police Scotland being sued by these crooks that may shine a spotlight on the powers at the top and force some transparency around what went on during the investigative and prosecution phases, and the mess Police Scotland or PFs office made in relation to their failures to successfully achieve a prosecution.

We deserve public answers to this failure.

Last edited:

The only problem though if those cuhnts succeed it comes out of the public purse

I would like to see inviduals sued rather than just PS and COPFS.

Let’s hope it makes a courtroom then maybe we will get names of the people who fucked up which allowed those thieving cuhnts to walk.

It all stinks.

The brass neck on all those involved at the time is utterly astounding.

The fact that not one of them has done time is absolutely disgusting.
Who knew when all the arrests were taking place that the tax payer would end up lining the pockets of Ahmad, Green and the others. Police Scotland have been the Keystone cops in this investigation. While the spivs celebrate they should be hauled over the coals.

Incredible.

Police Scotland and the PF office must have been pretty confident with the evidence they had to arrest these rats. What happened to their case that resulted in them failing to convict the Spivs?

Serious questions need answered - how there is no public investigation into this is beyond me especially if they are now being chased for over £30m for their failures.

Absolute fxxking joke.

Ultimately, it just means we as tax payers end up footing the bill.

I may be wrong - but, didn't Ahmed go effectively on the run? And never actually faced any justice?

Ultimately, it just means we as tax payers end up footing the bill.

The only problem though if those cuhnts succeed it comes out of the public purse

I would like to see inviduals sued rather than just PS and COPFS.

Let’s hope it makes a courtroom then maybe we will get names of the people who fucked up which allowed those thieving cuhnts to walk.

It all stinks.

The most important thing, for me at least, is getting out in the open exactly what happened, who made the cock-ups, who perverted the course of justice etc that saw not one of these chancers convicted. If that is what happened, of course.:rolleyes:

F*ck the public purse - I don't care - I want those who made the errors or, more likely, let their football loyalties take precedence over professional responsibility, exposed to the full glare of public scrutiny. I hope it goes to Court and we see the slimy bast*rds in all their 'glory'.

Police Scotland are as corrupt as the spivs.

I find it a bit ironic that plod are now being sued by the people they messed up trying to convict.

I may be wrong - but, didn't Ahmed go effectively on the run? And never actually faced any justice?

That’s my recollection too - I don’t think he ever even appeared in Court. What’s his damages claim?

“Your actions made me have to buy plane tickets, and incurred me the cost of accommodation in Pakistan so I could avoid having to face defending your prosecution.”

The case against him hasn’t even been tested, it just hasn’t been able to proceed because he made himself scarce. Difficult to see how he can claim a loss of reputation where the case against him couldn’t proceed because he wasn’t able to be located.

Last edited:
Wasn't there links between Lawell and Ahmed via a Catholic Education Charity in the Indian-sub-continent?

I will be the Devils advocate why was no one found guilty,this a genuine question so lets have reasonable answers.

My opinion. When the judge announced that nobody with Rangers affiliations allowed on the jury, but didn't apply the same restriction to the papes.

However, I don't think we would have got a fair trial anywhere in Scotland.

Any payout comes from the taxpayer.

If HMRC had accepted a deal for Rangers to repay rather than going for admin then the delta in £ available to the nation would be over £100 million.

Incredible squandering of money.

The Crown Office and Police Scotland " accidentally" make a shambles of prosecutions which destroy any chance of justice for Rangers supporters after what happened to our club. These scum now have a free run at suing both the police and the Crown and making millions. Just a coincidence, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

The Police/ CPS possibly paying a price for their incompetence ( in reality us the tax payers) . If they end up paying out there should be sackings . In reality those people have done the job their bosses wanted so they will probably have been promoted.

I'm pretty sure once he got wind of possible arrests he quickly disappeared to Pakistan...as you would when you are innocent!!
I seem to recall one of the newspapers tracked him down in Pakistan and he had no intention of returning to face any potential charges.
Now, because of the mess made by Police Scotland and the Procurator Fiscals office he now likely to make even more from this shambles.
Absolutely shameful that no one has faced jail time for this!!

The Police/ CPS possibly paying a price for their incompetence ( in reality us the tax payers) . If they end up paying out there should be sackings . In reality those people have done the job their bosses wanted so they will probably have been promoted.

This in spades, Police Scotland or the Crown office, who ever fecked the case should be made to pay the ultimate price, this is what the crown gets for make such a shit job of this one and the effigies, make no mistake if the shoe was on the other foot no mistakes would be made. It might make the crown office wake up to those pulling the strings.

They deserve sued and sacked. A complete shambles of a prosecution.
Could not agree more, everyone involved in that so called investigation should themselves be investigated.
The entire process was a complete sham.
As for these parasites looking for more money, I know what I and thousands of others would like to give them.

Crooks suing crooks

Precisely! We live in a country now where increasingly the victims become the victimised and the criminals get rewarded it’s occurring all over Britain and it’s being done deliberately. The crooks as you rightly put it are operating in every sphere of society and it’s never been more apparent as to what’s going on when you look at the monumental mess that is Brexit where we have a country in disarray massive confusion and demoralisation, the latter being a major objective of those forces behind the agenda. The crooks at all levels are hoping people just give up and stop getting involved in the big issues such is the sense of hopelessness that’s felt by many due to the mountain of absolute filth that is going on and being ALLOWED. People need to wake up and never give in to it and regarding our club’s problems with vermin who TRIED to destroy us I hope someday to see the lot of them suffer in one way or another, I will not be forgetting all about it that’s for sure!

Last edited:
The Crown Office and Police Scotland " accidentally" make a shambles of prosecutions which destroy any chance of justice for Rangers supporters after what happened to our club. These scum now have a free run at suing both the police and the Crown and making millions. Just a coincidence, I'm sure. :rolleyes:
We as a support should be pushing for a public inquiry in all these cases that have collapsed. But not a chance of justice in this hell hole of a country

How wonderful it would be if every single parasitic crook involved in the administration / liquidation process against Rangers started being killed off by a serial killer , and Plod were as clever at catching said killer as they were at catching the crooks involved in the first place.
:mad:

Back