In domestic games-opposing fans

hammer-time

When opposing fans are singing anti-Protestant songs against us and screaming that we are Huns and Orange Bast*rds what will all those that are demanding fans stop singing X and Y do?

Will they get the nearest copper and demand they go into the opposing fans and arrest those responsible? Will they write to the club and demand they take action against the club responsible for the opposing fans?

Will they video the opposing fans and get evidence and then post it on social media?

Last edited:
Nothing because FARE isn't involved and we don't want strict liability rearing its head.

How about you start the Blue Sea of Ibrox and ignore whatever mutants we are playing...

This thread isn't about FARE, Its about the consistency of those stating our support should stop singing this and that but who will do nothing when we are subjected to racist and sectarian abuse from opposing fans

This thread isn't about FARE, Its about the consistency of those stating our support should stop singing this and that but who will do nothing when we are subjected to racist and sectarian abuse from opposing fans
To be honest I couldn't care less what other fans sing, and had it not been for events like today's I wouldn't care what we sing. I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands like me.

The fact is if we continue to sing these songs we will be severely punished and the club we love will suffer and in turn so will we.

There is no consistancy and nor should you expect it for now.

We need to be smarter than this.

There is no consistancy and nor should you expect it for now.

We need to be smarter than this.
we need to be smarter than expecting to be not subjected to racist and sectarian abuse in Dometic games and expecting punishment for those that abuse us..ok!

Yeah we need to be smarter than spouting off on forums and doing something about it.

This has got lopsided because we've sat on our ass for 15 years and let ourselves become the hunted.
some of us have been doing something though while others have been on forums telling people to stop singing Xand Y and all will be alright with the world

( not you)

some of us have been doing something though while others have been on forums telling people to stop singing Xand Y and all will be alright with the world

( not you)

Then more power to you mate. Honestly.

We are so far behind its not funny, I don't want to censor folk singing, I want a level playing field though and its not.

We are being picked off but also providing the gun to shoot us with.

The last round of legislation was scrapped because in reality it ended up affecting the most bigoted support in Scotland by a country mile the most.
The OBAF act didn't come in to rid us of offensive singing, It was brought in to protect catholics and the Irish and I have the original proof of that sitting right here which involved John Mason MP and another sectarian bigot.

It wasn't supposed to affect them and was aimed at one section in society, when they started to get arrested for something they weren't supposed to get arrested for, that's when they decided to chuck it in the bin and protest against it, It was the unwashed who fought to bring it in and backfired on them hugely. It is also pretty damming on our own media who totally ignored it when i sent them it in numerous emails asking for a response, they were all ignored.

The OBAF act didn't come in to rid us of offensive singing, It was brought in to protect catholics and the Irish and I have the original proof of that sitting right here which involved John Mason MP and another sectarian bigot.

It wasn't supposed to affect them and was aimed at one section in society, when they started to get arrested for something they weren't supposed to get arrested for, that's when they decided to chuck it in the bin and protest against it, It was the unwashed who fought to bring it in and backfired on them hugely. It is also pretty damming on our own media who totally ignored it when i sent them it in numerous emails asking for a response, they were all ignored.

Your entirely correct, sensible, post has no place on this forum today. Hysteria and panty-wetting only until the media say so.

Pardon my ignorance. What is this original proof that our media ignoted?

The authorities and media don't care. Accept it, it's not fair, life's not fair. Stop a tiny proportion of our songs. Sings others loud and proud.

The authorities and media don't care. Accept it, it's not fair, life's not fair. Stop a tiny proportion of our songs. Sings others loud and proud.

Why in domestic games should our support just sit there and accept anti -protestant songs being sung to them? They shouldn't!! Those that keep saying our supporters are a disgrace for singing X & Y should also then be disgusted when sectarian songs are being sung to them and should then be more than happy to report opposing fans to the police at games and demand action taken against them

They should also be more than happy to video opposing fans so they can then share their videos on social media and send said info to the media outlets and authorities such as NBM etc on social media and their local MSPs and demand action taken against the supporters of the clubs doing it..

There are so many on here that are happy to attack supporters for singing this and that but who don't want to put the groundwork in when we are the victims of sectarian abuse and hate crime and to highlight this fact!

Last edited:
Thousands of Bears on FF. If we had a sticky thread with a list of every sectarian word out the mouth of an opposition fan base, backed up by YouTube links and links to report.....these "organisations" would have no choice but to act.

Thousands of Bears on FF. If we had a sticky thread with a list of every sectarian word out the mouth of an opposition fan base, backed up by YouTube links and links to report.....these "organisations" would have no choice but to act.

This is the point. We have plenty of people on here but it's only so many that are prepared to put the effort in to show the sectarian abuse aimed at us.

Two wrongs don't make a right - especially when one of the wrongs is not targeted the way the other one is.
We use our heads, and highlight the sectarian abuse to all levels of society. We can play the victim card too. I know it is not easy when the opinion-formers are bigots themselves, but that is no excuse for giving up. Just exert pressure and continue. Turn into whinging bastards, it works for others.

Two wrongs don't make a right - especially when one of the wrongs is not targeted the way the other one is.
We use our heads, and highlight the sectarian abuse to all levels of society. We can play the victim card too. I know it is not easy when the opinion-formers are bigots themselves, but that is no excuse for giving up. Just exert pressure and continue. Turn into whinging bastards, it works for others.

As i stated above there are plenty on here that will come on here and moan about songs or banners aimed at them but who do nothing about it. Why do they think we are years behind in this PR war we are in?

ALL supporters need to always demand action when opposing fans are subjecting them to anti-British racist abuse and anti-Protestant sectarian abuse and always highlight it.

I'm also sick of reading that annoying bloody term" whataboutery" on here

When opposing fans are singing anti-Protestant songs against us and screaming that we are Huns and Orange Bast*rds what will all those that are demanding fans stop singing X and Y do?

Will they get the nearest copper and demand they go into the opposing fans and arrest those responsible? Will they write to the club and demand they take action against the club responsible for the opposing fans?

Will they video the opposing fans and get evidence and then post it on social media?

If they want, but the reality is a lot of us are only interested in Rangers. Them singing their songs doesn’t harm us, Rangers fans singing certain songs does.

I am more than happy for other clubs to get taken to task but also for us to focus on sorting ourselves out.

If they want, but the reality is a lot of us are only interested in Rangers. Them singing their songs doesn’t harm us, Rangers fans singing certain songs does.

I am more than happy for other clubs to get taken to task but also for us to focus on sorting ourselves out.

I find it bizarre you are called legal beagle and don't want others singing sectarian/offensive abuse towards us to be prosecuted. Should not you be advocating that ALL Rangers fans report ALL sectarian and offensive abuse aimed at them?

I find it bizarre you are called legal beagle and don't want others singing sectarian/offensive abuse towards us to be prosecuted. Should not you be advocating that ALL Rangers fans report ALL sectarian and offensive abuse aimed at them?

People who want to report things should report things. My only interest in this is where it has a negative impact on my club, I struggle to care about any others.

People who want to report things should report things. My only interest in this is where it has a negative impact on my club, I struggle to care about any others.

Your name is legal beagle so, you should be advising others to report those singing sectarian abuse at them..The laws in this country are meant to apply to us all after all.

Your name is legal beagle so, you should be advising others to report those singing sectarian abuse at them..The laws in this country are meant to apply to us all after all.

I think you should definitely carry on trying to argue about the nature of the songs that have been sung and trying to deflect on to other clubs and their fans. That will definitely help. Just to ensure consistency, I assume you are going to be reporting Rangers fans that you see doing this? Or does it not apply to you because of your screen name?

Rangers as a club have always lead from the front, expect the haters to hate that's what they do, but if our manager asks us to clean up our act surely that should be enough for us to do so. It's what we do best, lead from the front, what we bring to the party is second to none. Stevie has signed up to take back what is ours, surely we must play our part. We have a great history time to make some more.

I can never make out the words to a murmur of 800 folk in the corner but my ST is not n the Main Rear, for those closer by I'd imagine they'd just get on with supporting our team

I think you should definitely carry on trying to argue about the nature of the songs that have been sung and trying to deflect on to other clubs and their fans. That will definitely help. Just to ensure consistency, I assume you are going to be reporting Rangers fans that you see doing this? Or does it not apply to you because of your screen name?
I'm not offended by the songs sung by folk near me.

Rangers as a club have always lead from the front, expect the haters to hate that's what they do, but if our manager asks us to clean up our act surely that should be enough for us to do so. It's what we do best, lead from the front, what we bring to the party is second to none. Stevie has signed up to take back what is ours, surely we must play our part. We have a great history time to make some more.

So, if as you say we lead by example then why doesn't it include reporting those singing sectarian abuse towards you?

( not you)

What have you been doing and importantly can you post up evidence of your actions as opposed to an attempt at a challenge to everyone? Also your response to @legalbeagle post #37 see your creditability shot down straight off.

I’m not offended by any of it. What I am offended by is people ignoring requests from the club and causing us harm. It is selfish and not the behaviour of any true Ranger.

I'm annoyed by people who are happy to behave like a battered wife and who refuse to fight back.

Next weekend when you are listening to our support and no doubt manager being subjected to sectarian abuse..just sit there and take it then.

We could just admit our faults with certain terms in our song book. Move on with the times and iron it out. If we do, we can then take the moral high ground. They do it so we can do it attitude is just going to land us in further trouble.
The sad thing is, its only a very small percentage of our entire songbook. We just need to worry about ourselves on this one for now.

What have you been doing and importantly can you post up evidence of your actions as opposed to an attempt at a challenge to everyone? Also , your response to @legalbeagle post #37 see your creditability shot down straight off.
Let's see, I was the one that posted the thread and kept trying to engage fans in fighting back regarding the lost/dumped evidence in the effigies trial.
You also can easily check my username for evidence of myself and others of trying to engage support in fighting back against sectarianism aimed at us.

I also just after the announcement of the initiative wrote to Stewart Robertson asking what the club will do about opposing fans singing sectarian abuse at us.

My reply in post 37 is honest as nobody near where I've sat has sung anything id say was a sectarian song

We could just admit our faults with certain terms in our song book. Move on with the times and iron it out. If we do, we can then take the moral high ground. They do it so we can do it attitude is just going to land us in further trouble.
The sad thing is, its only a very small percentage of our entire songbook. We just need to worry about ourselves on this one for now.

Now, what about the sectarianism aimed at you from opposing fans inside Ibrox?

( not you)
If people didn’t sing X, we wouldn’t be closing 4 sections of the stadium and costing the club money and putting it in bad press worldwide as a racist club. That’s facts.

Now, what about the sectarianism aimed at you from opposing fans inside Ibrox?
Well I have a couple options, retaliate with slurs of my own and risk getting the club in trouble and fined. Potentially result in an emtpy stadium or expulsion for europe. Or just listen to what the club are asking from you and just get the fcuk on with it.

Which would you pick?

That's not what this thread is asking it about..
Well you made a flippant comment about everything being all right in the world if people didn’t sing x or y. Everything won’t be alright in the world, but the club would be in a batter position than it’s in now. Is that not good enough?

Back