In England, officials need to declare their team

blueballs

....and cant be involved in their games. Seems sensible

So why not here? It's like you or me trying to be impartial officiating a Rangers match. Our inherent support for the teams makes it impossible, even if we try real hard.

Ask Alan Mulvaney, Kevin Clancy and Don Robertson. You can't hide what you are.

Because a massive percentage of football fans support either us or the Jungles. It's not really feasible and would further reduce the quality of referee if we had to force some through just because they don't support us or them.

They do here too. I went through Lanarkshire refs association, incidentally at the same time as Alan Mulvanney, Andrew Dallas and Frank Connor, and we all had to fill in a form at the first night of the initial training classes.

They do here too. I went through Lanarkshire refs association, incidentally at the same time as Alan Mulvanney, Andrew Dallas and Frank Connor, and we all had to fill in a form at the first night of the initial training classes.
Probably using it for the opposite purposes. :D

It couldn't possibly work here. The majority of refs will be Rangers or Celtic fans. They would be unable to referee Rangers and Celtic matches and therefore rule themselves out of the biggest matches in the country.

They would just lie anyway and say they support Partick Thistle. No ref would be daft enough to go through all that hassle required to become a referee and then rule out the chance to reach the top of your profession due to the team you support.

What was the point of asking then?

Genuine question, theres clearly no way it has any influence on their careers

What'd you put lol

It’s not as perfect a system as made out. Anthony Taylor (from Manchester) has made a habit of favouring the Manchester clubs against opponents, most notably Liverpool.

I’m sure there are other examples with other officials but he is probably the highest profile and most blatant.

What was the point of asking then?

Genuine question, theres clearly no way it has any influence on their careers
I got as far as pro youth and U21 level and did Rangers U16’s once. Maybe they were watching to see if I gave them any decisions and when I was totally fair, they never gave me another Rangers game. :))

Make them professional and when you get decisions like tonight then they van get sacked. Im sure you'll see honest mistakes stoo overnight.
Mulvannay has previous and his performances should be looked at and dealt with

I liked the foreign refs last time they were employed by the SFA.

Anyone remember the Bigot ref that made them drop 2 points that day?

That would be a sensible option. No Scottish refs in top flight.
Agreed. It would be a long way for them to go to break their windows.

Agreed. It would be a long way for them to go to break their windows.
If I remember correctly the foreign ref they got was Israeli. They probably subbed out the tanning of that ref’s windows to their Hamas chums.

If I remember correctly the foreign ref they got was Israeli. They probably subbed out that ref’s window tanning to their Hamas chums.
The whole episode stank. The SPL/SFA lied to the foreign refs, implying it was some sort of exchange programme. Some of them were said to be furious after being conned and said they would have supported their fellow refs by not coming, had they known in advance.

If I remember correctly the foreign ref they got was Israeli. They probably subbed out that ref’s window tanning to their Hamas chums.

It was a Luxembourg referee that managed their match that weekend.

It was initially Polish and Portuguese whistler's but they were duped coming to Scotland and buggered off on the first flight. The good CSC sorry SFA. Typo.

Probably 95% of the scottish population support the old firm

on top of that, if this happened people would just lie about their team as we see on radio clyde etc to get reffing their favourite teams etc.

so many reasons this wouldn't work

Only real solution is to bring in refs from the English championship. Problem solved.
Leave our useless lot to ref the lower divisions.
The scum would be straight onto that. We’re the English leaning club etc. Even with foreign refs the tims would just say they get their orders from the Masonic SFA. They’re beyond help. The problem is some in the media etc are almost as bad as their moonhowlers.

The scum would be straight onto that. We’re the English leaning club etc. Even with foreign refs the tims would just say they get their orders from the Masonic SFA. They’re beyond help. The problem is some in the media etc are almost as bad as their moonhowlers.

Thankfully none in our support are like that, as evidenced by tonight's totally rational reaction to celtic winning a home game.

Let's cut to the chase: do refs cheat. No they dont. (Clancy game at Paedodome aside)
They make poor decisions and can be influenced by the crowd-even Collina said it. Humans being human.
Madden made some shockers the night but the pressure they are under up here is seriosly intense.
You can declare your team down there but we live in a country where 60% of the country support us or them and win 80% of the trophies. A Rangers fan never getting a final cos of who he supports? Why bother if the trust is away?

We got on for over 100 years with trusting refs-well not the Dhims-before Social mhedia came along to sow the mistrust.

Without refs we have no game.

So why not here? It's like you or me trying to be impartial officiating a Rangers match. Our inherent support for the teams makes it impossible, even if we try real hard.

add the lad munro and make it a bigoted quadruple. Those 4 are not your ordinary RC refs, they are bigots of the highest order who have agendas that are plain to see.

They would just say thistle and %^*& us over anyway

I honestly wouldn’t trust the bastards with VAR either they’d make the line big enough or not straight to say he’s onside.

They were even debating it on sky as if it was a chance of offside, Boydy done well on calling them out about it and they were laughing and joking saying he would say that with blue tinted specs on there’s %^*& all to debate the c*nt was never onside.

They and their fans have concealed 50 years of systematic child abuse lying about the team they support will be a walk in the park.

I genuinely don’t care what team they support. I’ve been going to see Rangers for. 40 years and I’m comfortable that the games have been refereeed neutrally, albeit ineptly.

In the SPFL the minority population in Scotland are the majority in referees as well as positions of control,the green mist influences them of that there is no doubt.

I'd pay our refs an extra ÂŁ100 per game, but in exchange for that, they should have to explain every decision they made, and those explanations should be made public.

I'd like to see Madden's explanation of what the fūck he was doing last night.

I'd pay our refs an extra ÂŁ100 per game, but in exchange for that, they should have to explain every decision they made, and those explanations should be made public.

I'd like to see Madden's explanation of what the fūck he was doing last night.
Madden cares more about his windows than his profession. a coward. He should be hauled in front of a panel and explain the drop ball incident last night. Instead the SFA will say well done lad and the big cheat will be happy.

We already know the likes of Walsh,Clancy and Robertson are Yahoos

Weirdly, their hordes think that every single ref favours us - even those above and Collum etc

Is mulvanney definitely one of them? (I get the surname is probably a clue)

Rabid?

Is mulvanney definitely one of them? (I get the surname is probably a clue)

Rabid?
It never came up. Nobody discussed it really. Everyone was really easy going and professional I have to say. Alan was just one of the younger guys coming through with Euan Norris, John McCrossan, and those I mentioned above. All decent guys. Nice to train with. My tattoo gave my allegiances away in the changing room but nobody ever mentioned it even though we all got changed in the same place, even the senior guys. The senior guys at the time were Hugh Dallas, Stuart Dougall, Brian Winter and the trainer was a guy called Jim. We trained at the country club in Carfin always at the same time as a rugby team. I loved it but gave it up for work around 2010.

People make mistakes and unfortunately I have no conspiracy theories for you.

It never came up. Nobody discussed it really. Everyone was really easy going and professional I have to say. Alan was just one of the younger guys coming through with Euan Norris, John McCrossan, and those I mentioned above. All decent guys. Nice to train with. My tattoo gave my allegiances away in the changing room but nobody ever mentioned it even though we all got changed in the same place, even the senior guys. The senior guys at the time were Hugh Dallas, Stuart Dougall, Brian Winter and the trainer was a guy called Jim. We trained at the country club in Carfin always at the same time as a rugby team. I loved it but gave it up for work around 2010.

People make mistakes and unfortunately I have no conspiracy theories for you.
carfin you say hmmm.....kidding:))

The only reason I ask is i deal with him on a professional basis.

Have heard people say he used to be a season ticket holder at the sty and was wondering if true.

Anyone mind when we had to ship in refs from europe as ours were on strike? Wouldn't mind doing that again, that weekend was a decent weekend of fitbaw to be honest. totally different style of ref who could give two fucks about who was who.

carfin you say hmmm.....kidding:))

The only reason I ask is i deal with him on a professional basis.

Have heard people say he used to be a season ticket holder at the sty and was wondering if true.
Not at that point in time I would think. He was refereeing every weekend, we all did two games a weekend and often a midweek one. We had to take games when they were arranged so there was no point in having a season ticket. I had given mine up during McLeish, but not because of reffing.

Madden cares more about his windows than his profession. a coward.
A coward for caring about his windows being put in? %^*& me.

It's getting to a stage where I can honestly see it's from the refs point if view in avoiding making a big call due to the environment in this country that has been created.

If they make enough mistakes, then the only justification to their emoloyers is that they need VAR

Back