In games of this importance we should never be putting the ball out when opposing players are rolling about on the ground

WinkieWATP

Carry on with the game and if the ref stops it so be it. Was fuming when Tav played it out and Davis had barely even touched their player. Let him roll around and try and take advantage of the extra man.

20 minutes later we then have another one of their players rolling about and they are surrounding the ref claiming Colak has elbowed their player looking to get him sent off.

Carry on with the game and if the ref stops it so be it. Was fuming when Tav played it out and Davis had barely even touched their player. Let him roll around and try and take advantage of the extra man.

20 minutes later we then have another one of their players rolling about and they are surrounding the ref claiming Colak has elbowed their player looking to get him sent off.
To be fair after the rollicking Goldson gave him I don't think he will be in a hurry to do it again.

Aye, no idea what Tav was thinking.

The player stuck his leg so he could trip over Davos trailing leg.

The only person that should stop the game is the ref, play the whistle, fuk them.

It’s the thing in modern football that does my tits right in, players are happy to try to get each other sent off, but they’ll happily kick it out for a guy play acting. Mental. It’s about time we did play the whistle. Then there’s no incentive because you’re effectively putting your team down a man. There’s a fourth official on the touch line who can contact the ref if he believes it’s serious.

Gio told them to put the ball out for the first one. I didn't see his reaction to the "elbow", but I don't think he instructs the players to do that if he doesn't have a friendly relationship with RVN.

I wouldn’t be doing it. If it’s worthy of play being stopped the ref can do it.

Its too open to abuse with players taking the piss. Just leave it to the ref.

It should never be done at all. If it's a head knock the referee can stop the game (unless it's against us:rolleyes: ) otherwise play on.

That’s just lies. You rarely see teams playing out from the back if an opposition player is down.

It was such a nothing incident I’d forgotten about it until I seen this thread.
Most teams don’t do it now, it’s not 1990. Put the ball out for a player acting hurt, concede possession in your own half and hope they throw it back to you?

You claim it's weak and no other team does it, which is nonsense.

The other poster claims he has no idea why Tav done it. Maybe someone should ask Tav why, then tell him he's weak for doing it.
They did ask him why he done it and clearly left him in no uncertain terms not to do it again.

Most teams don’t do it now, it’s not 1990. Put the ball out for a player acting hurt, concede possession in your own half and hope they throw it back to you?
Most teams do actually still do it.

I don’t think he should have but I’m not going to cry about it when we threw away two goals at corners, that’s of much bigger concern.

I wouldn’t be doing it. If it’s worthy of play being stopped the ref can do it.

Its too open to abuse with players taking the piss. Just leave it to the ref.

I agree. I’d instruct my players never to do it unless you see bones sticking out or blood pissing from a nose. And even then I think it’s the refs job to blow up.

Play in every single time as opposition players
Just take oiss

We have the ball 10 to 15m from the half way line with room to advance. Tav kicks it out in the knowledge that we will end up at the re-start with them punting the ball back to our keeper and us struggling to advance.

The only thing worse than Tav kicking it out was the applause from some of our support when PSV punted it back to our keeper. If they retreated and have us possession where Tav had the ball then by all means applaud. Why clap a team who have have conned you into giving up possession then give you it back in your own penalty box.

That’s just lies. You rarely see teams playing out from the back if an opposition player is down.

It was such a nothing incident I’d forgotten about it until I seen this thread.
Must have a short memory. Everyone was fuming about it at the match, ridiculous decision from Tav. Guilty of being too nice by far there.

Goldson playing to the crowd and trying act like he’s Captain.….not for the first time. He can be a real fanny at times
Like Lundstram?
Both were correct to give it tight to Tav.
2nd half PSV tried it again and we played on and Tillman nearly scored. There's the difference.

Shouldn’t be done in friendlies never mind bug games

Should of been told " to get up "nothing in the challenge at all , everyone knew that !
We were on the break moving it wide , the player lying down in the middle of the park could not have affected the game in anyway even if he was on his feet .
Yet he managed to stop a counter attack and relieve all pressure for his team even though losing out in the original 50/50 .
A wise man once said "it's a man's game".

Spot on. Play until the f*cking whistle every time.

If we're going to boot it out of play at least rebound the ball off the c*nt's head!

Happens all the time I would rather it wasn't part of the game and give the decision to the referee to make! Few went down going by their rolling about faces there was no sign of pain!

First one, ball out of play, sportsmanship is still a value many hold.

If they continue to go down at every gust of wind, then leave it to the ref.

If our player went down injured, fucking right I want the ball played out.

Only caveat to this is if the other team have a player down and continue an attack, then demand ball is kicked out when it breaks down, they had the chance, play on.

I'm not sure why I might have expected different- but they were really quite niggly a lot of the time last night
They were at it on & off the ball - & IMO the ref should have punished them earlier & more often than he did
Something to be aware of next week

Back