In hospital. Need to get help getting my sky sports/tv

tsa57

Connected to my i pad. I am using the hospital wi fi but sky keeps saying i dont have permission. Does anyone know how i go about fixing this problem. Used this i pad last year for a friend to watch games whilst in hospital and no problems.
I havent tried RTV which i have but worried that might not work either on the hospital wi fi.
I can get hesgoal but that can be iffy.

Connected to my i pad. I am using the hospital wi fi but sky keeps saying i dont have permission. Does anyone know how i go about fixing this problem. Used this i pad last year for a friend to watch games whilst in hospital and no problems.
I havent tried RTV which i have but worried that might not work either on the hospital wi fi.
Can you connect your iPad to your phones 4G (hotspot)?

A lot of hospitals have their own ppv tv deals. Maybe blocking "outside" transmissions?

Hope you get well and are ok tsa57? Hope you sort out skysports issues also

Have you maybe reached your maximum devices allowed?
I'm sure you'd have gotten that message though, so I'm talking pish likely.

Get well son brother. Worse case scenario at least you can get radio commentary from the bbc website.

I can get sky to work on the 4G phone , just switched off the hospital wi fi. But the screen is small. I dont have 4g on i pad.

Firstly, get well soon. Secondly, depending what area your in, but if outwith the central belt, get someone to bring a ball and a wig in and sneak out to the nearest pub for a couple of hours.

I can get sky to work on the 4G phone , just switched off the hospital wi fi. But the screen is small. I dont have 4g on i pad.

Setup your phone as a hotspot and connect from the iPad

Sounds like you have too many devices registered mate and your iPad isn’t one of them.

unregister your phone and add your iPad to Sky Go

To view or remove your active devices​

1. Open the Sky Go app on your mobile or tablet device.
  2. Go to Settings and then Manage your devices.
This page will show all of your active devices. To remove a device, choose the one you want to get rid of and select Remove this device.

Once you've reached the maximum limit of six, any new device you try to add will automatically swap out the least used registered device. Devices without downloads will be removed first.

Thats the one saying no permission.
Hi TSA57, your skyGo app doesn't see the Hospital WiFi as a UK connection (probably some cheaper ISP from abroad), like others have said before, A hotspot connection to your 4G phone from the iPad would see you ok.

"Ipad Skygo - Strange access denied error - Sky Community"

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Ipad-Skygo-Strange-access-denied-error/td-p/3456887

Not sure if this helps or not..

Possibly hospital wi fi blocking certain websites.
You could try switching in a VPN if you have one which will get over the hospital blocking the wi fi.

I'm off to hospital next Friday and hope to be out of the op and get our Sunday game on my firestick on the hospital TV. If not it'll have to be on my phone using data and not wi fi if it's blocked.
Last time I was in I had to use a VPN.
Anything to see the Rangers!

Most probably your best bet will be phone

Remember to slide down the ward floor doing the Arfield salute when he scores tomorrow.

Its perfect for it.

Get well soon

Get well soon bear.
I was in last week, and was on Followfollow.
If all else fails, FF is great for all action updates.

Now TV has sky sports day passes.

However, if you have paid for Sky and the app already, and want to access Sky could you try logging in using your mobile data (not wifi).
And then when it loads up, switch on the wifi sonthat it streams through that, switch off your mobile data so that it doesn't run up a bill.

I don’t know how to help you but wish you all the best

Firstly, get well soon. Secondly, depending what area your in, but if outwith the central belt, get someone to bring a ball and a wig in and sneak out to the nearest pub for a couple of hours.
It’s a chest infection he’s in for mate, not gender reassignment...

Go to the AppStore and upload the free live stream app, to test its working fine google live football now find a game then open the new live stream app and in the search bar put in the name of the home team and hit search and if it’s on a live tv channel you will get a drop down list and hit the stream with the highest star rating and usually it works fine, I was in the same situation a couple of years ago when I had a hernia op at 9am on a Sunday and we kicked off at 12 noon and I set my alarm to wake me up and it all worked as per the plan :) including the hernia op !

Hi TSA57, your skyGo app doesn't see the Hospital WiFi as a UK connection (probably some cheaper ISP from abroad), like others have said before, A hotspot connection to your 4G phone from the iPad would see you ok.
Or use a VPN and set it to the UK. That way you may be able to use the WiFi if SkyGo doesn't have a VPN blocker.

From my own experience of hospital Wi-fi, you’re wasting your time mate.

Hope your piles get better soon.

Didn't get sky so watched it on hesgoal..and got the pick up I needed watching the poets demise. They were awful! Well done St Johnstone.

Hoping to get home tomorrow :)

The hospitals just don't give out happy pills like this. :))

Didn't get sky so watched it on hesgoal..and got the pick up I needed watching the poets demise. They were awful! Well done St Johnstone.

Hoping to get home tomorrow :)

Get yourself on Twitter. It will have live updates from Parkhead with should be amusing

Back