In pictures: George Best statue unveiled at Windsor Park http://shr.gs/YkWKr5C

Looks like a Lego version.

Nice idea to try and honour him and I get that it’s more permanent, but there’s a lot of very good artists in Belfast who could surely have made a nice tasteful tribute at Windsor.

Stevie Wonder ?
Must be mate - nearly every time they are an absolute joke. Mental that someone thinks they are acceptable as a likeness.

Surely someone at some point in the process gives feedback to highlight the complete balls up, in order to stop it going into live production and to endure the ridicule that inevitably follows ?!

Statues at Windsor Park? FFS they'll be rattling beads next.
My eldest brother never tires of telling me when you went in the front door of Windsor the first picture you seen was of William and Mary.
Changed days.

Stevie Wonder ?
Must be mate - nearly every time they are an absolute joke. Mental that someone thinks they are acceptable as a likeness.

Surely someone at some point in the process gives feedback to highlight the complete balls up ?!
You're right.

It makes you appreciate our John Greig staue which is a pretty good likeness.
Yes mate. One of the few decent ones.

Some of the more recent ones have beggared belief.

Always makes me chuckle

You're right.

It makes you appreciate our John Greig staue which is a pretty good likeness.

I think our Greig one is decent , not great .

I also think it could’ve been put somewhere better at Ibrox , more central and raised up more on a more expensive and attractive looking plinth . The brickwork on the current one is badly chipped , worn and bedraggled looking as are the plaques with the names . Should be upgraded IMO.

I’ll be honest I’m hoping if we get a memorial garden it will eventually be placed there .

As much as a great player Best was he only played for Northen Ireland when he could be bothered and let them down due to his drinking antics by failing to turn up for games. The likes of Danny Blanchflower, Pat Jennings and David Healy contributed a lot more to the NI team.

should be a statue of the greatest british player ever outside windsor.but that?come on tae fk? that's a joke. looks like tarzan.

As much as a great player Best was he only played for Northen Ireland when he could be bothered and let them down due to his drinking antics by failing to turn up for games. The likes of Danny Blanchflower, Pat Jennings and David Healy contributed a lot more to the NI team.

There was a few times he let us down due to his off field antics no question.

But quite a few times United wouldn’t release him. He was just too vital to their team and they couldn’t risk him coming back injured or going missing for a while.

Back