In terms of incomings we are very close to where we want to be.

Dont think its a secret that we'll get one or two more in

But then its about trying to offload the fringe players, that will be the most difficult part

But, glass half full, Im delighted with the recruitment so far and if we can take this early momentum in to the league and later Euro qualifiers, it bodes well for a successful season

Making all the noises about us not signing any more players which I'm fine with if we keep Morelos + Tav.

We currently have 33 senior players but if every player we have who is contracted till 2020 leaves next summer then we will be down to 20 senior players.

That will leave us with a good lean squad to build on and add 5/6 quality signings to.

Making all the noises about us not signing any more players which I'm fine with if we keep Morelos + Tav.

We currently have 33 senior players but if every player we have who is contracted till 2020 leaves next summer then we will be down to 20 senior players.

That will leave us with a good lean squad to build on and add 5/6 quality signings to.

With the number of players out of contract next summer, the bulk of whom won’t be offered new terms, January will be very interesting with regards pre-contract offers.

We are still too light up front (and totally exposed if Morelos leaves).

We'll have targets but it's impossible to enact any plan until Alfredo's position is confirmed.

As far as the surplus are concerned - No more loan spells please.

Dorrans, Holt, Alnwick, Grezda and Lafferty hopefully away permanently rather than loans. Maybe Middleton and a few more younger players out on loan.

I am happy with the squad we have now. It has much more depth than last season already.

That said if over the next week or so Alfie goes, I'd expect a decent replacement signing.

As Gerrard has said though, leave it to late in the window and I don't want him going anywhere.

I think we need another midfielder who can start 20+ games this season. I am only content with Davis, Jack, Kamara and Aribo as Docherty will need to convince me he'd be good enough v Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts etc. I see Arfield more upfront and Halliday as a good sub against lesser opponents.
I think we need another striker to replace Lafferty (though Stewart could be enough).

If Lafferty is well out the picture and being encouraged to find another club then we need a 3rd striker. Can't be relying on a hot headed main striker with a 36/37yr old backup when we are aiming to be playing two games a week for large portions of the season.

If Lafferty is well out the picture and being encouraged to find another club then we need a 3rd striker. Can't be relying on a hot headed main striker with a 36/37yr old backup when we are aiming to be playing two games a week for large portions of the season.

Defoe, Morelos, Stewart

Dorrans, Holt, Alnwick, Grezda and Lafferty hopefully away permanently rather than loans. Maybe Middleton and a few more younger players out on loan.
I'd loan Grezda to Hearts or whatever (simply because I am on FF record as saying he would turn it around - But to be honest I also said after the first leg against Progres that Dalcio was an adequate replacement for Barrie Mckay)

Alfredo Morelos moving on or staying put is the key to a huge part of our plans ,there is no way a 37yr old Defoe can play 60 games ffs.

Alfie needs to go and we go get another striker or he stays and gets his head down which I’m not sure he’s capable of ,if he doesn’t get a move ( he wants one it’s clear to see ) then he could stink the place out with his attitude ,personally I think l SG wants him moved on as the team will have more harmony and not on egg shells every time he walks onto the pitch

Goalkeepers: McGregor fods

Defenders: Tav Polster Barisic Flanno Halliday Goldson Helander Katic Edmundson

Midfielders: Davis Aribo Kamara Arfield Jack Doc (Halliday & Polster if required)

Forwards: Ojo Jones Candyman Murphy Hastie Stewart Morelos Defoe

Wouldn't surprise me to see Murphy loaned out for 6 months to get him fully up to speed again. I also see Morelos sold.

Kent & a striker in will satisfy StaunchGer!

With the number of players out of contract next summer, the bulk of whom won’t be offered new terms, January will be very interesting with regards pre-contract offers.
Hopefully we go into June 2020 with a nice lean championship winning squad with minimal deadwood. Would give us a great platform to build on.

I reckon that will be us finished with incomings until late in the window seems the focus is to get rid of the deadwood now and hopefully we can capitalise on people out of favour in the EPL if their window shuts early people like Kent etc

Last edited:
Goalkeepers: McGregor fods

Defenders: Tav Polster Barisic Flanno Halliday Goldson Helander Katic Edmundson

Midfielders: Davis Aribo Kamara Arfield Jack Doc (Halliday & Polster if required)

Forwards: Ojo Jones Candyman Murphy Hastie Stewart Morelos Defoe

Wouldn't surprise me to see Murphy loaned out for 6 months to get him fully up to speed again. I also see Morelos sold.

Kent & a striker in will satisfy StaunchGer!

I think in terms of numbers, we'd be including Firth as the 3rd choice keeper. Then it's case of 2 from Halliday/Polster/Murphy/Hastie leaving on loan at least until January.

I'd imagine there are a couple we'd want to offer extensions to.

McGregor would be the obvious one

Possibly Foderingham (if he's happy playing 2nd choice for another season) Davis and maybe even Defoe who'll be out of contract at Bournemouth by then.

But its a very good point which still stands and most of the squad will be under 30

I'd imagine there are a couple we'd want to offer extensions to.

McGregor would be the obvious one

Possibly Foderingham (if he's happy playing 2nd choice for another season) Davis and maybe even Defoe who'll be out of contract at Bournemouth by then.

But its a very good point which still stands and most of the squad will be under 30
It would be a young squad. Only Murphy, Stewart and Arfield will be 30+ in summer 2020 and have contracts past that date.

The 20 players does include Grezda, Hastie, Middleton, Murphy and Docherty who could conceivably be loaned out for the 2020/2021 season.

And you are right on contracts being extended. We have 4 goalies now but all have deals till 2020 presently.

It would be a young squad. Only Murphy, Stewart and Arfield will be 30+ in summer 2020 and have contracts past that date.

The 20 players does include Grezda, Hastie, Middleton, Murphy and Docherty who could conceivably be loaned out for the 2020/2021 season.

And you are right on contracts being extended. We have 4 goalies now but all have deals till 2020 presently.

Reckon Grezda will be away by then whether its loan, perm or pay off. Just cant see any way back for him.

I'd hope the others by then will have established themselves in the squad if not team and then ideally, every season after that its not a major overhaul but a case of adding 2/3/4 quality players to improve the group

Reckon Grezda will be away by then whether its loan, perm or pay off. Just cant see any way back for him.

I'd hope the others by then will have established themselves in the squad if not team and then ideally, every season after that its not a major overhaul but a case of adding 2/3/4 quality players to improve the group
Looking at the players we have it would be the case that we'd have no depth upfront so that's where a lot of the money would go. Wing positions we'd have a lot of depth but not enough serious quality imo. A quality striker and winger would be top of the buying list.

If Alf gets his big move we’ll need 2 strikers so maybe a clock should be put on him.
Maybe before the next round of qualifiers squad is announced. If he’s gone by then so be it, if not, sorry Alf yer here till Xmas amigo

If Morelos stays can we really look at bringing a quality striker? How do we keep 3 top strikers happy when we typically play with only 1 up top? I think we're all happy with Defoe and Morelos, could it be a season for one of the younger guys to get a chance as back-up

Back