In the event of a super league, would you support us joining the EPL?

In the event of a super league, would you support us joining the EPL?

• Yes

Votes: 789 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 30.9%

• Total voters

LD5

A lot of talk from English fans saying should the 'big 6' leave, they want us invited into the EPL to partly replace them? I know a lot of fans have been wanting this for years, so would yous want this to happen?

Personally I wouldn't.

Potential to leave this backwater, where we are absolutely hated and judged to a totally different standard?

Where flying full bloodied into a tackle is held in higher regard than technical players?

Where do we sign please.

For what it's worth I don’t think it will happen but should the potential ever arise then I personally would hope the club were actively pursuing it.

Last edited:
Potential to leave this absolute backwater, where we are absolutely hated and judged to a totally different standard?

Where flying full bloodied into a tackle is held in higher regard than technical players?

Where do we sign please.

For what it's worth I don’t think it will happen but should the potential ever arise then I personally would hope the club were actively pursuing it.
It is a toxic shitehole I agree, maybe its sentimentality but I have too much attachment with Scottish competitions. I couldn't give a %^*& about most teams in the country, but to me Rangers are there to dominate the SPL, the SC and LC, not the English league.

I would support it. It would be a hard few years adjusting but long term it would be of great benefit. Even if the EPL loses millions with the big 6 leaving, the money on offer will still be 20-30x greater than the SPL

Getting away from the SPL is the only way for us to step up from European midtier to the uppertier.

No.

We’re a Scottish club from Glasgow, we should play in the domestic competitions in this country and in the European competitions that we earn the right to play in through that.

Being the biggest and best in Scotland is something we should be immensely proud of and we should be the pioneers of football in this country, not some English football novelty act because of our rivalry with the other lot.

A lot of talk from English fans saying should the 'big 6' leave, they want us invited into the EPL to partly replace them? I know a lot of fans have been wanting this for years, so would yous want this to happen?

Personally I wouldn't.

Where is the talk from English fans saying they want us down?

Everything be is celebrating 55, we just put our rivals out of the Scottish cup. These things wouldn’t happen anymore, why would we want to leave? It’s a disgrace, an absolute closed shop with no regard for the paying fans.

it’s no more than a glamorous pre season event. Invitation only football is not the future.

Only if it was a creation of a full British league.

Otherwise we are just as bad as the mob going to the super league, eh?
Yeah, if it is about money then people can't exactly moan about elite clubs joining riches and redistribution to grass roots if we are upping sticks to chase money too and abandoning Scotland.

Can't see it happening.Would UEFA agree with us moving to the English league and still competing in their tournaments?

Personally I wouldn't.
Playing devils advocate, but isn’t us joining the English leagues the same as the big 6 in England threatening to joint the ESL? It’s all about the money.

PS, I voted yes. I’d absolutely love to see it.

It is a toxic shitehole I agree, maybe its sentimentality but I have too much attachment with Scottish competitions. I couldn't give a %^*& about most teams in the country, but to me Rangers are there to dominate the SPL, the SC and LC, not the English league.

That's absolutely fair enough and I cant disagree as I feel similar so if push came to shove perhaps I would be more conflicted that I imagine.

I, like you and others, only care about Rangers and what is good for us. It has always annoyed me when I see some of the "big" teams down south and I think we are twice the club you are but held back by geography.

Sadly the top top table at football is likley forever out of our reach given how football has been carved up to serve those already there but I would love to see us becoming a leading force at the level below Real, Bayern etc.

I am a total hypocrite as I think this mooted Super league should not be allowed to happen, and I dont think it will but if that's the way football is heading then I would want us to be looking at the potential best avenue for us as a club to grow further.

Reactions: LD5
Agree disagree with a super League. If it happens there's an opportunity. Don't forget two things we played English teams regularly before a Scottish League was formed and Scottish Football has not been kind to us recently.

It's a yes for me.

Playing devils advocate, but isn’t us joining the English leagues the same as the big 6 in England threatening to joint the ESL? It’s all about the money.

PS, I voted yes. I’d absolutely love to see it.
This wouldn't necessarily be about money. The reason the ESL is about money is that there will be 15 teams who can never be relegated. It's totally different if there is promotion and relegation

Nope, I’d never join the EPL, but if it happens then possibly a British league. Can‘t really complain about an invitation league, then accept an invitation to a league.

I don’t tknownwhat will happen but as a club we need to be making moves to do what is best for us and I believe getting away from the current SPL format is just that

I’d love it . For us to progress as a club we need access to bigger revenues and we aren’t getting that as part of the spl. Before we won 55 I would have said no but now we have I’ve little to get excited about domestically. Would only improve if one other team made a push to become competitive

The corruption that is Scottish football will continue as the diddy clubs have no ambition and are just happy to survive.
Any opportunity to get away from this Union Jack hating backwater, and that is why they hate us, should be explored at all costs.

Much as id prefer the possibility of fare decisions, refereeing at a better level, unbiased media coverage and a governing body that isn't set up for one club, it wont happen , it will never happen and its been done to death on here countless times.

I understand the frustration at playing in Scotland and all were up against but we are a Scottish team, therefor we will play in Scotland.

Add to that, England wouldn't want us as much as some people think, i don't care that some fans like us etc but we would not be welcome in England as much as some say or wish.

Any so called fan affiliation, ex player appreciation would soon end up a " hope we beat those Scottish cun ts" B-D i would also add we would have to start way down the leagues and id rather we won in Scotland rather than start at lower English tier football and there is no guarantee we would get anywhere regardless of how much people want it to happen.

Potential to leave this backwater, where we are absolutely hated and judged to a totally different standard?

Where do we sign please.

Your second paragraph sums up Welsh on Kent a total THUG and no booking, typical of this backwater.

Last edited:
Usually when this question gets asked my answer was always No because it would go against our Scottish roots and diminish our achievements domestically.

But the utterly disgraceful and shambolic handling of the league stopping and the failing to implement a proper reconstruction and investigation into the game last summer was for me the last straw. The people in charge of the game here are simply too blind by a mixture of hatred of all things Rangers and a severe case of sheer incompetence to truly change the game for the better and they somehow missed a great opportunity to do that.

My feeling nowadays is I hope the club are at least exploring any avenues to see if its possible to play elsewhere if it benefits the club because Scotland is simply not interested in changing for the good of the game and with the national team playing a major tournament this summer I can only expect the status quo continuing with more papering over the large cracks.

Only if it became a combined UK structure so that any club in the 4 associations could climb the ladder to the top league

If Scottish football was progressive I’d want to stay but they want plastic pitches, hammer throwing, no colts, and folk running the equivalent of bowling clubs get to decide the future of our game. It’s dying on its erse which is totally different to the Super League v Epl conundrum.

Absolutely any chance to get out this mentally challenged infested corrupt run SFA/ SPFL League I’m all for it. Times change and now maybe the time to move on if it is possible to happen.

This wouldn't necessarily be about money. The reason the ESL is about money is that there will be 15 teams who can never be relegated. It's totally different if there is promotion and relegation
I get that the promotion/relegation point is a difference since there’s none in the ESL and there is in the English pyramid.

But, it is about money. We’ve complained for years that we’re being left behind in Scotland and if we had access to the riches in England we’d compete in the later stages in Europe, be able to attract a higher calibre of player and further develop the stadium to let more fans in.

Of course us moving to England is about the money. In the same way the 12 clubs creating the ESL are doing it for the money.

We’d perhaps not be as much of an outcast as these 12 clubs will become (given the closed shop aspect of the ESL), but we’d still be leaving behind something we helped to create in pursuit of more cash.

Personally I wouldn't.
Yes absolutely, we want to be playing at a higher level week in week out and we need time away from the SFA/SPL jurisdiction if we possibly can. We can still stay in our national Cup competitions but I've no problems at all with cross border league participation.

I think if this happens there will be a chance for us to join a league with the best of the rest

Would move to EPL if it means leaving this country where we are held back

I’d rather a fully merged British league.
Geographically that would make sense but 'baby steps' ! It wouldnt impact on international games either as that would still be there for folk wanting to represent the country of their birth.

Back