In the event of a super league, would you support us joining the EPL?

In the event of a super league, would you support us joining the EPL?

• Yes

Votes: 789 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 30.9%

• Total voters
No.

I can only think of two reasons why people would want to:

1. Move for the money and riches
- so just as bad as those wanting this super euro league

2. Move to get away from the backwater of the scottish game.
- and let those that hate us control our game, forcing us out?

This is our country and our football to dominate.

I think it would be good for teams like Aberdeen and Hibs to have a British league. They'd look to be in League 1, which would give them more money that SPFL.
On the other hand, if they wanted us to leave they could win competitions.
It would have to be done on a democratic basis though. We can't just break away.

No, unless all 4 home nations were scrapping their league systems and we were having a proper UK League.

Otherwise it's no different that what everyone is criticising the break away 12 for. We are Scottish and should compete here otherwise.

Folk voting yes are the dreamers that think because we have a large fanbase then we would automatically compete if you just gave us some of that sky money, completely ignoring other clubs with large supports who don't, 16 other clubs with Sky money who don't, and 3-4 clubs with billionaire owners who can't guarantee success either. Doesn't help Glasgow is still a shithole no matter what league we play in either.

It’s just not for me, not anymore. Money is already killing the romance of football, would you really want us turning into Spurs, thinking finishing in the top 6 is a great season
Nope we are a different club from Spurs dont think our support would ever accept that.

I just dont know where we go up here. we cant flex our muscles at all. With potentially no CL football it really hampers us

100% there is no correlation with us leaving Scottish football with the breakaway Charlatans, the scum up here have already shown they don't want us or our youth team in our own Country. If there's a way out, grab it

No, unless all 4 home nations were scrapping their league systems and we were having a proper UK League.

Otherwise it's no different that what everyone is criticising the break away 12 for. We are Scottish and should compete here otherwise.

Folk voting yes are the dreamers that think because we have a large fanbase then we would automatically compete if you just gave us some of that sky money, completely ignoring other clubs with large supports who don't, 16 other clubs with Sky money who don't, and 3-4 clubs with billionaire owners who can't guarantee success either. Doesn't help Glasgow is still a shithole no matter what league we play in either.
Apart from that time when every effort was made to kill us so we couldn't compete in our own Country :rolleyes:
There's zero correlation in my eyes

Apart from that time when every effort was made to kill us so we couldn't compete in our own Country :rolleyes:
Exactly .

Should we get the chance , we grab it . It’s not the same and nothing like this super league stuff . We are not wanted in our own country the authorities have made that abundantly clear .

No one likes us we don't care, aye ?

They failed, we are back winning trophies, abandoning Scotland to chase mid table obscurity, seasons over by Christmas and no Europe just so we can get a share of the Sky money isn't for me.

Yes but only with the rest of Scotland, along with Wales and N.I.

I don't know how you would combine things

Fan-based revenue? Placements? No idea, but I doubt it's impossible

If the 6 teams do indeed join the super league, then surely the market value of TV rights will plummet for the EPL and CL. That’s if they do indeed need to resign their EPL/FA memberships.

Makes the EPL a far less appealing prospect both in terms of glamour and cash. I’d probably stick with what we have now in that case.

Similarly should we go to the EPL it would have the same ruinous outcome on Scottish football (albeit our league is heading there fast under biased and inept stewardship anyway).

We will get access to revamped CL. You could return to a proper champions league versus a league which is like a boob job for gold diggers, some of whom have done nothing with their lives other than reach for the credit card. I like decent t^ts but I prefer a classy bird.

Absolutely not. We’re a Scottish club first and foremost and I want us to play in the Scottish leagues.

A British cup to replace the League cup involving all home Nations should have been a goer moons ago. With Holland and Belgium discussing a cross border league I don't back the urge to be instantly dismissive off the bat. Pre 2012 I would have but I'd be open to hear a proposal at least
We are a Scottish club, who should play in Scotland.

I will support anything that rids us of the 4 games a season garbage we’ve currently got. Some seem a bit scared of a new challenge playing in England because of the higher level of competition and not quite being the big fish in the bowl anymore but personally I would welcome the chance to move on as Scottish football is toxic.

I’ve long ago grown weary of the endless bullshit that comes with playing in an environment with that mob across the city and their malign influence which just made the situation progressively worse over time.

I would rather see Rangers welcome a new challenge in a more healthier sporting environment and get away from the filth as much as possible but we’ll see what happens? This Super League development is massive and as much as it’s being panned by many it might present new and exciting opportunities for our club and supporters?

Us & them have became far too big for the rest of the teams up here. Times have changed dramatically, we'll never see a return of the early 80s when aberdeen, dundee utd and hearts to a lesser extent were competing.

2 clubs getting 50/60,000 gates down to clubs pulling in a couple of thousand. The other clubs crowds are way down on what they used to be, st mirren being an example. I remember them going to motherwell in the late 70s in a scottish cup match, 26 000 at the match. These days are long gone, even clubs like dunfermline, Dundee who used to have decent crowds are way down these days.

It's not the money that entices me, it's good competition and ours is now truly a 2 team league, which I cant see ever changing now.

The games changing very quickly and not for the better, but unfortunately that's the times we now live in.

Not on the back of the uproar this new idea will cause, I think the fans of this big six will be furious. Us joining an EPL in those circumstances would be pretty shabby.

If a British league is ever initiated, I'd be up for that.

Isn't us leaving our local league to join a bigger league with the promise of a shedload more cash the exact same as what the Big 6 are doing?

No.

We’re a Scottish club from Glasgow, we should play in the domestic competitions in this country and in the European competitions that we earn the right to play in through that.

Being the biggest and best in Scotland is something we should be immensely proud of and we should be the pioneers of football in this country, not some English football novelty act because of our rivalry with the other lot.
If Celtic said yes then we would be left with a more inferior league.

It would be a massively devalued EPL with a massively devalued TV contract.

Would much prefer that the club drives the game forward in Scotland. With TV money gone, the EPL isn't the attractive option fans seem to think. Rangers v Southampton isnt the box office that Rangers v Chelsea would be.

If the super league happens then it's an opportunity for everybody else to refocus football as the people's game and to put football at the heart of our culture.

Voted yes but I think the best way for UEFA/ Premier League to maintain control of the situation is to create phoenix club replacements for the breakaways, transfer the club's histories and hope to "steal" the fanbases of the breakaway sides to follow the phoenix clubs.

If they just expel them then the biggest fanbases in England are going to be lost to that league and will no doubt follow the breakaway teams providing the spectacle to make the Greed League work.

It would have to be British-wide otherwise we are no better than these pricks breaking away to form the super league

How many posted on here about making sure we get our goal difference better than celtics. That's not good for any so called competitive league, in fact its farcical.

Surely playing newcastle, aston villa, west ham ect is better than playing ross county. No offence to these clubs, but us and them are epl sized clubs, some in our league are the size of 2nd division clubs down south.

I can see that the big 12 breakaway, will speed up the start of this Atlantic League for us and Celtic, I do think we will have more than one option come the start of next season. This SL is a huge game changer for us all.

Glasgow Rangers play domestically in Scotland no matter how hampered we are in tv revenue and other financial streams it’s what makes our club history

If Celtic said yes then we would be left with a more inferior league.

Both our clubs aren’t wanted down south but if they ever were then it would be as a package because of the Old Firm ‘brand’ and all that stuff.

Not a chance Celtic are able to go to England without us and vice versa.

C
Both our clubs aren’t wanted down south but if they ever were then it would be as a package because of the Old Firm ‘brand’ and all that stuff.

Not a chance Celtic are able to go to England without us and vice versa.
Can't say if you are right or wrong but I wouldn't rule out anything.

I'd be against it. I want to see rangers win trophies every season and while we'd be a big club in England I don't think we'd be able to dominate without a very rich owner.

Football has changed for good or better, I'll let others decide. But we would be mad to ignore what's happening, if our club got the invite to join the EPL, be utter stupidity to refuse imo. As for Scottish football it was only a few years ago they tried their best to finish us off.

English football will simply kick out those six and reform their top flight to an 18 team league and promote a few.

We should be using this opportunity to push for restructuring of Scottish football, but I'm guessing that slack-jawed, incompetent, speccy cunt Doncaster is currently running around like his hairs on fire in the halls of UEFA and too busy to try and keep Scottish Football and our sides away from this whirlwind of shite.

Would this make a British league an option? Would be all for that as opposed to playing the same dross up here every week/month/year time and time again

Rangers will forever be cast as the bad guys in Scotland (even more so if the SNP win another referendum) so I’d have no issues with Rangers joining English Premiership

In fact personally I’d have taken coming up the pyramid system in England rather than Scotland if had time machine to go back to 2012.

If the big 6 weren’t in the EPL would it still get the financial support it currently gets as a brand? I think not. It might still get more financial support than what the SPL gets though. It just wouldn’t get my excited I’d want to play against Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc

Joining the English pyramid is wrong for many reasons but the thing that I can't understand is supporters actively wanting it.

Scottish football is our history, we would be turning our back on it for money.

Only if it was a full British Pyramid. We are Scottish and we have far too much tradition and history in this country to just throw that all away on a whim. Even then its a stretch for me to say yes.

Agreed.

The only way I could support it is if it was a top to bottom, fully integrated, British pyramid restructure. I don't want Rangers absconding to some poor shadow of a Premier League just to fill a hole.

I could support an entirely new system that incorporated every team in the UK, but I wouldn't want us leaving just to prop up another league.

Only if a British league was formed.

Mind you if it was a British league presumably the scum Irish cants wouldn't want to take part!

Back