Increased WC frequency

Never seen the fascination with international sport, any of it.

Sport rivalry on the whole is a nonsense, passionately hate someone because they support a different team. It’s crazy when you think about it but it’s probably the best thing about football. It’s what fuels the passion.

You can’t have that level or hatred in international football (unless you’re xenophobic/racist). It’s glorified pre-season friendlies.

Money making pish. Wish they'd leave it alone.

Part of the buzz around the World Cup is because they only come around every 4 years. I get it from a players' point of view that it's unfortunate if they happen to be injured when the time comes but still.

Really can't see this being viable. Players won't like & certainly most fans would hate it.

Nonsense survey imo

Never seen the fascination with international sport, any of it.

Sport rivalry on the whole is a nonsense, passionately hate someone because they support a different team. It’s crazy when you think about it but it’s probably the best thing about football. It’s what fuels the passion.

You can’t have that level or hatred in international football (unless you’re xenophobic/racist). It’s glorified pre-season friendlies.

Me neither mate. Particularly given there are no defined boundaries. Players playing for countries theyve never even lived in etc. Its farcical.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see football ending up like darts or boxing with multiple, competing governing bodies. Garbage proposals like the suggestion of a WC every two years is only going to cause further conflict between clubs, UEFA and FIFA. Ultimately something will give and we may well look back on the first hundred or so years of the game as a golden period. Merry Christmas!

Find international football boring. So many mismatched games until the tail end of the tournament.
I find international football the same, I have no real interest in it. I think it's more to do with nowadays you have players from the big international teams with players who struggle to get on the bench of teams like Man City, it used to be if a player didn't get regular football they would ask for a transfer as not playing meant no international football.

I don't watch international football any more and would prefer it to just disappear completely but it is pretty clear almost no one has read Wenger's proposal.

The WC every two years makes the headlines and is dumb as f*ck but the other main features are precisely what everyone is asking for: fewer international breaks during the season and fewer international games full stop.

Back