Individual moments of brilliance in Europe

Playing Tugay as a sweeper in Monaco.
Ok it wasn’t an individual moment but it was brilliant. And it was in Europe.....:p

The goal we scored in Bern, not just the perfect pass from Barisic and great finish from Alfie, but there's a piece of really intelligent play from Davis, incredibly subtle but it's what starts it all off. The capitulation will be remembered more unfortunately, on what should have been another famous victory.

Whittaker goal In Lisbon,Lyon away full team performance and Morelos goals this year all stand out for me.

Far too many to mention here...

One that's seldom spoke of is Novo scoring at the death against Red Star Belgrade in 2007. Without taking something to Belgrade we would have been right up against it. This obviously paved the way for the road to Manchester via Barcelona, Lyon, Stuttgart, Athens, Bremen, Lisbon & Florence.

If my dad was still around, he would be saying Jim Baxter's masterclass in snowy Vienna in 1964.

Although it ended in tragic circumstances.

Ted McMinn beating 5 players down the wing v Tampere Ilves and then mishitting his cross kicking a lump of turf into row C of the Copland???

I remember being in the Broomloan Rear on a European night and in my memory the ball was kicked high out and Barry Ferguson was on the halfway line. I'm pretty sure he was under pressure and he did a Cruyff turn on the half volley to move away from the striker. Anyone else remember it? Maybe I'm thinking about the first post here and it's changed in my mind over the years.

Could actually pick a few from this season, both Morelos goals v Feyenoord aswell as his two against Porto. All sublime in their own way.

DeMarcus Beasley in Lyon
Our goal away in Porto this season ( not exactly individual but deserves a mention )
Whittaker v Sporting Lisbon
Lovenkrands v Villareal

I remember being in the Broomloan Rear on a European night and in my memory the ball was kicked high out and Barry Ferguson was on the halfway line. I'm pretty sure he was under pressure and he did a Cruyff turn on the half volley to move away from the striker. Anyone else remember it? Maybe I'm thinking about the first post here and it's changed in my mind over the years.

Post #1 refers to his turn away at Leverkusen

alan huttons run v stuttgart, ricky fosters chop and reverse pass that played in healy to set up edu v lisbon

Also everyone on social media is creaming at ziyechs pass last season , barry does the exact same pass from the opposite side v panathinaikos to burke which creates our goal. Incredibly satisfying to watch

Candeias’ goal at Spartak Moscow was an absolute belter, totally underrated.

First touch and finish were excellent.

I remember something something similar from Ferguson v Leverkusen away in an UEFA Cup qualifier.

Beats Goram v van Queerhawk imo.
Comfortably mate , i understand NIAR kids will say goram and i see why. Shaggers is comfortably better, gorams is very close to his body. Shagger has split second to get across the goal

Back