Iniesta

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
He is 37 today.

I'm no Barcelona fanboy, but what a player he was. Anyone who loves football just has to have enjoyed watching him. Fantastic ability to beat a player, could thread the cleverest passes, creative, deceptively strong, an eye for goal, and a brilliant team player.
And a winner of every major prize in the game.

Where does he rank for you, does he get in a Best Ever team?

He had someone over many other amazing players, he was relentlessly effective with what he was trying in games.

What a team that was.

He is 37 today.

I'm no Barcelona fanboy, but what a player he was. Anyone who loves football just has to have enjoyed watching him. Fantastic ability to beat a player, could thread the cleverest passes, creative, deceptively strong, an eye for goal, and a brilliant team player.

One of the greats.
I loved watching that team who are to my mind the greatest of them all.

Actually thought he would be older as he's been in Japan a while now, totally could have played at a higher level after leaving Barca.

What a player.

The reason that Barcelona team was so good was him and Xavi rather than Messi.

That's not a slight on Messi but a compliment as to the impact those two had. They set the tempo and did all the unheralded work.
I really noticed the amount of work they did the night Barcelona were at Ibrox. Everything went through them from picking the ball up from the defenders to feeding the front three. Fantastic pairing in the middle of the park.

I really noticed the amount of work they did the night Barcelona were at Ibrox. Everything went through them from picking the ball up from the defenders to feeding the front three. Fantastic pairing in the middle of the park.

I can remember this as well, seeing it live was amazing. On one hand you are desperate for us to hold on to the 0-0 but marvelling at the way these two played. Such cohesion in the way they operated.

Big Dan the Man nearly won it for us. :D

Xavi and Iniesta was an unbelievable pairing. Busquets would win the ball and just give them it. Such a simple yet effective system. Imagine going to see them two and Messi every week.

Messi is now trying to replace Xavi and Iniesta himself.

Their last league title and the fact they are close this season is all down to him.

Was lucky enough to go to a couple of games of Barca v Real Madrid when Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Ronaldo all played. Iniesta was the best player

Fantastic player and pivotal to Barcelonas success.

Still remember when he first came on as a sub a few times in his first season and he was the whitest Spanish guy I had ever seen. Either his parents locked him away for his child hood or he had some Scottish blood in him!

He was the main reason Barca were so dominant with their tiki taka style of play. I don't think it would have worked without him at the heart of it all.

Must have had some paper run mind you.:D

Easily one of the best and most consistent performers in his generation. A lot of other magicians out there who just didn't do it for their team week in week out and only turned it on when the world was watching at world cups etc.

Preferred watching him than Messi not that messi isnt a great player, there was just something about Iniesta that it was so natural. Always looked instinctive the way he would receive the ball and then boom hes away from the players surrounding him.

He is 37 today.

Not sure about specifically best ever but he's the one I'd have in my team.

He was fantastic. So graceful and elegant with the way he moved and glided by opponents. Dribbling, vision, weight of pass. He was amazing.

I'm always a little loathe to view him as one of the greatest. Despite all his ability, his shooting was mostly powderpuff. The amount of times he tried the "Del Piero" curling it into the keeper's top left, and just passed it back into the keeper's arms was unreal.

For me though, as an attacking midfielder and not being able to shoot, can't elevate you amongst the greats. Just my opinion. Wonderful, wonderful footballer though and a joy to watch.

One of my favourite players to watch growing up. Him in Pep’s Barca team was a joy to watch

Back