Injury update on Tav

Despite the “hopefull and positive” comments coming from our management team over Tav’s injury - this doesn’t come as a surprise.

We are always (rightly so) economical with the truth when it comes to injuries.

After seeing the injury, I was instantly thinking I’d be pleasantly surprised to see Tav return at all this season. Or at least return in time for the last few games after the split to get himself ready for trophy day.

Returning within 3wks was a hopeful fantasy imo.

How our results go over the next couple of weeks will determine how soon we’ll see him “rushed” back imo. If our season is still alive (ie still in the europa league) we might see a huge focus to get him back ASAP.

Heaven forbid we get knocked out the europa league, and with the league going to be wrapped up in the very near future - there will be no need to rush him back this season.
Tav’s returning from injury fate will also be linked with Patterson’s fate with the SFA.

Just hope this isn't one of those injuries we hope will clear up with time and rest, then discover it requires surgery.

Would love for Tav to be in the starting 11 for the day we’re presented with the trophy. He’s the one who deserves it most out this group of players

With the way our injuries go it’s really hard not to feel like this is going to be one of those short term injuries becomes long term type deals isn’t it?

its not just us, thats the way injuries go, physios and docs are usually always optimistic.

Ive been in and around sport for almost 30years And had my fair share of injuries, ive found that most injuries take longer than expected

Hope Tav is back for some part of the season. With this news it means no risks for Balogun as it looks like Patterson will serve a covid suspension at some point , if the SFA get involved.

Tav will be stripped and on the bench for the final game trophy presentation, even if it means coming on for the last minute only.

Does anyone think we have any chance of Patterson avoiding a ban or are they simply delaying things as they are incompetent?

I am too young to remember but did John Greig not come on as a sub when he was injured for a game that officially made us champions think it was at Easter road and it was the first time in years we had won the league?

It’s written in the stars for the same scenario for Tav. I can just feel it.

I am too young to remember but did John Greig not come on as a sub when he was injured for a game that officially made us champions think it was at Easter road and it was the first time in years we had won the league?

Easter Rd 1975 when we stopped TEN!

Came on as a substitute for Sandy Jardine in 1975 at Easter Rd.

1-1 draw with Colin Stein scoring and Sandy Jardine missing a penalty.

With the way our injuries go it’s really hard not to feel like this is going to be one of those short term injuries becomes long term type deals isn’t it?

It wasn't really a short term injury though. The initial expectations from the manager and player that he'd be back within a few weeks seemed very optimistic, at least going by what others who have suffered similar injuries - Alan Hutton, for example - have said. It's one where the body has to be allowed to heal at its own pace and it's hard to put a definite timestamp on recovery.

Gerrard said: “James has been slower than we wanted. It’s difficult to put a date on his return. He hasn’t had a setback, it’s one of those injuries where you have to be patient with it.

“Jacko and Kem should be back with us some time next week. They are closer than James.

From Chris Jack in the Evening Times
I'm choosing to see the good news in this. Jacko and Kemar potentially coming back sooner is great news. Hope Tav gets better soon though.

The doom and gloom in here...

Initially - 2/3 weeks

Update - Taking longer than we would like

Result (possible) - An additional 2 weeks (Back for 2nd league of Prague tie)

Yet most on here have read the gaffer's comment amd ruled him out for the season

Back