Injury Updates (todays presser)

The Souttar thing infuriates me. As much as I hate him and as much as his face makes my blood boil with rage to the point I’d never tire of punching his face, I think we should sign Porteous. He at least is a CB that is fit and is a CB. He has improved a lot over the past year.

If Souttar is indeed out until after the world cup then it will mean he'll have missed a minimum 27 games for us.

This will be his 2nd most run of games he's missed through an injury in his career, his worst run was 30 games from Aug '20 til Mar 21 with an achilles tendon rupture.

Should he not return this year the total will be 31, setting himself a new personal injury record.:mad:

I said weeks ago soutter would be our new alan mclaren and was rounded on by certain posters, my mistake mclaren actually played a part in many imporrant.games ad even captained us.
This signing is a disaster and whoever sanctioned it should be sacked
well said
as i mentioned on post on Soutter should be shown the door
ross Wilson for his track record on signing s should go
im sure shareholders will bring up the subject at agm

I know you cannot predict injuries when a fit player signs.....but our history of signing injury prone players is shocking.
Someone needs to be held accountable for this.

The whole John Souttar situation annoys me more than it probably should :mad:
Ditto!

And yet we let Balogun, and Katic walk out the door!
And keep Helander, and Souttar on the payroll.

F'n madness.

Who questions what Wilson does?
Who does he answer to?

How about a Q&A with him?

Always happy to take all the plaudits.
Gets his neb in celebration photos, but when the flak is flying, he disappears quicker than snow off a dyke!

The Souttar thing infuriates me. As much as I hate him and as much as his face makes my blood boil with rage to the point I’d never tire of punching his face, I think we should sign Porteous. He at least is a CB that is fit and is a CB. He has improved a lot over the past year.
Not a fukn chance do we sign that scumbag. Your post makes absolutely no sense either, you want someone you'd never tire of punching to play for us?

"Lawrence will be missing until International break", Gio gets asked today if he'll be back tomorrow, and the answer is unsurprisingly "no"

Looks like the latest 3 week injury that will turn into months, we seem to be dreadful for dealing with injuries if being honest, its a constant issue with our squad
Did anyone honestly expect anything different?

Hopefully Davies comes in tomorrow, and hopefully he's decent in the air.

King looks very promising, but at this stage in his development he has no chance of competing with Van Dijk or Matip at corners on Tuesday night.

Made up that in 21 that he felt as though his career would be cut short and he trained as a barista and got a coffee shop?

No.

No, you were saying he was considering retirement until we came along to sign him.

Thats a lie.

If Souttar is indeed out until after the world cup then it will mean he'll have missed a minimum 27 games for us.

This will be his 2nd most run of games he's missed through an injury in his career, his worst run was 30 games from Aug '20 til Mar 21 with an achilles tendon rupture.

Should he not return this year the total will be 31, setting himself a new personal injury record.:mad:

Disingenuous information.

Hearts and Dundee United don't play anywhere near as many games as us.

Did Balogun not miss more league games than Souttar last season through injury ?

Balogun had plenty of injuries in his short time with us, and at 34 for a central defender it was taking longer to recover.

Sands has played as much as his career at centre half than has midfield, can we put the playing out of position to bed.

Ben Davies played

2017/18 35 games
2018/19 41 games
2019/20 38 games
2020/21 19 games
2021/22 23 games.

What 4 seasons are you getting your 47 games from ? He played regularly until signing for Liverpool and went out on loan.

From Wkipedia
Just noticed that the years 2018 and 2019 are inexplicably missing.

2017 Fleetwood 19 games
2018 Not on his wiki
2019 Not kn is wiki
2020 Liverpool 0 games
2021 Sheffield 19
2022 Rangers 1

Either way, it doesn't look marvellous.
Meanwhile Balogun played circa 20 per season he was here and he's 6 years older.

I get your point. Just my preference.

I agree that King should be playing before Sands. I don’t believe for a minute Souttar was a Gio signing.
I think King should play as well and I know we are in a difficult position for centre backs but Goldson is effin honking and has been all season along with Tav they along with others are undropables and every time teams come at us they are shown up for their defensive frailties.
Did anyone honestly expect anything different?

My injury update guess is we will get at least one bad injury tomorrow and the tackle will go unpunished.

Problem is, Gio is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

If he gives an estimated timeline and it’s not hit - folk moan

If he gives nothing by way of a timeline - folk moan
He could just tell us that it could be 5-6 weeks. If he’s back in 4 then great. Right now what they keep doing, Gerrard done this aswell, is tell us it’s 4 weeks and it ends up being 6 or 8.

Well I’m shocked Souttar will miss half of our season through injury at least that we know of.

Who could have predicted that …
Because he played well against us in the cup final it dampened down some of the disquiet about him signing, but there's no getting away from it - it's turned out exactly as the majority predicted.

I think we signed Souttar as a replacement for Goldson.

Goldson then decides to stay, Souttar becomes back up.

Davies as his partner, with King and Sands splitting the cover.

Helander will be released in January I reckon.

Did Balogun not miss more league games than Souttar last season through injury ?

Balogun had plenty of injuries in his short time with us, and at 34 for a central defender it was taking longer to recover.

Sands has played as much as his career at centre half than has midfield, can we put the playing out of position to bed.

Ben Davies played

2017/18 35 games
2018/19 41 games
2019/20 38 games
2020/21 19 games
2021/22 23 games.

What 4 seasons are you getting your 47 games from ? He played regularly until signing for Liverpool and went out on loan.

People just make up shite to suit their own arguments on here.

Easily verifiable facts, yet they are happy to spin yarns, that Balogun was somehow a stalwart in the side last season. He was predominately used as a back up/rotation player by both Gerrard and Gio. Once Bassey broke through after Christmas, Balogun only got a look in when we need to rest or rotate players.

Davies doesn't have a spotty injury record either, yet another myth that has developed on here in recent weeks.

From Wkipedia
Just noticed that the years 2018 and 2019 are inexplicably missing.

2017 Fleetwood 19 games
2018 Not on his wiki
2019 Not kn is wiki
2020 Liverpool 0 games
2021 Sheffield 19
2022 Rangers 1

Either way, it doesn't look marvellous.
Meanwhile Balogun played circa 20 per season he was here and he's 6 years older.

I get your point. Just my preference.
Shite source - and you‘ve misread it anyway. Lists 26 for Fleetwood and 23 for Sheffield United. Then, further up the table, you will see his appearances for Preston totalling about 114 appearances from 2017-2020.

Transfermarkt is a far better source. Can filter by season:

How can you say that when we have hardly seen him play
He has played a lot more games at a higher standard than King
not overawed away at Ajax is a million miles ahead of the Championship level Davies has played, oh yeah and out of position.

Wish I shared your confidence.
Did you watch his performance for Scotland u 21s
Yeah he Captained the side, paired with somebody he’s never played with, just back from injury and an 18 year old Hogarth behind him. Night and day from an actual competitive match with McGregor behind talking and Lundstram in front talking

4 years of John Souttar sitting on the treatment table. That signing alone should see the end of our Sporting Director.

Absolutely ridiculous we have him a contract.

Back