Injury Updates (todays presser)

Maybe he doesnt fancy him?

Not like he has a sterling career behind him to demand he plays - the only thing that make people demand he plays is the inflated fee we paid for him.
If we have shelled out millions on a player the manager doesn't fancy then we are in deep shit

"Lawrence will be missing until International break", Gio gets asked today if he'll be back tomorrow, and the answer is unsurprisingly "no"

Looks like the latest 3 week injury that will turn into months, we seem to be dreadful for dealing with injuries if being honest, its a constant issue with our squad
Gio said the Hearts game would just be too soon for him weeks ago.

I get really stressed at how we seem to create our own problems.

Get rid of big Leon.
Helander already out for some time.
Goldson stuttering over a contract.
Sands being played out of position.
Souttar injured. Well, I never.
Bassey sold for obvious reasons.
Davies played 47 games in 4 seasons?
Throw King in against Liverpool?

You'd think our management them had never ran a football club before.

It's beyond bad luck.

Davies should be starting going forward tomorrow onwards

King we don’t want to rush it. Anfield could kill a lad like that mentally
On the flip side, and I'm obviously playing devil's advocate a bit here - but King hasn't done anything wrong to deserve losing the jersey.
There'll be a drop off in form no doubt given he's so young, especially for a CH, but I'd be reluctant to drop him until that happens.

Davies needs to earn the shirt too, regardless of what he cost.

Get rid of big Leon.

You'd think our management them had ever ran a football club before.

It's beyond bad luck.
It's gross incompetence.

Our injuries are just becoming a bit of a joke now. So many on the treatment table and no proper news on how they’re injured or roughly how long they will definitely be out for

It’s the Lawrence one that’s most annoying. The rest are a lost cause.

Will be 5 weeks ago tomorrow since Lawrence got injured and like a poster above said, I remember Gio saying he’d be out until the international break.

I say this on every injury thread but why do we not say the worst case and better that, rather than saying the best case and always drifting way beyond that date.

I think Balogun was really an indicator that Souttar would be a really bad idea.

Id actually rather they played King from the start of the season than do what theyve done but it seems Ross Wilson's influence over the squad is as strong as it is misguided.
I agree that King should be playing before Sands. I don’t believe for a minute Souttar was a Gio signing.

It’s the Lawrence one that’s most annoying. The rest are a lost cause.

Will be 5 weeks ago tomorrow since Lawrence got injured and like a poster above said, I remember Gio saying he’d be out until the international break.

I say this on every injury thread but why do we not say the worst case and better that, rather than saying the best case and always drifting way beyond that date.

Problem is, Gio is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

If he gives an estimated timeline and it’s not hit - folk moan

If he gives nothing by way of a timeline - folk moan

I said weeks ago soutter would be our new alan mclaren and was rounded on by certain posters, my mistake mclaren actually played a part in many imporrant.games ad even captained us.
This signing is a disaster and whoever sanctioned it should be sacked
Captain at Tannadice the night 9 in a row was clinched iirc.

What is Souttar's injury?
Who knew this would happen...:rolleyes:
With his injury record I would hope his contract was some variation on pay as you play - you don't play you get X amount, you do play you get 3X amount, or something similar.

Still think he was worth the risk and might get some use out him further down the line - when else are we going to get a Scotland international level defender on a free transfer. Totally different situation to Kuznetsov and Prodan where we spent a fortune.

He’s a 18 year old kid albeit with great potential.
Tuesday could be a very difficult night and could see the lad being under huge pressure which is unfair at this stage of his development.
Play Davies tomorrow and try to get minutes in his legs prior to Anfield.
If not why did we spend 4m on him.
Davies will crumble under the pressure before King

Seriously?

Yeah, believe it was an interview either just before he left hearts or just after joining us.

In 20/21 he was thinking his career was done, and that he'd need to put everything into the coffee shop instead.

And that he felt his body gave him a second chance, but if it doesn't work out, coffee selling it is.

He’s a 18 year old kid albeit with great potential.
Tuesday could be a very difficult night and could see the lad being under huge pressure which is unfair at this stage of his development.
Play Davies tomorrow and try to get minutes in his legs prior to Anfield.
If not why did we spend 4m on him.
Kids have no fear, he will be far less overawed than the shitebags on here

I said weeks ago soutter would be our new alan mclaren and was rounded on by certain posters, my mistake mclaren actually played a part in many imporrant.games ad even captained us.
This signing is a disaster and whoever sanctioned it should be sacked
So nothing like McLaren then

Get rid of big Leon.

It's beyond bad luck.
No issue with that.

If Davies is fit and available he needs to start. Given the money spent on him, we need to find out if he's the answer at CB.

As for Souttar out until after WC...hindsight is wonderful but this looks a disaster of a signing. Back to Hearts (with a payoff) next season I fear.
HINDSIGHT??

Davies should be starting going forward tomorrow onwards

King we don’t want to rush it. Anfield could kill a lad like that mentally
Think we will play 3 centre backs v Liverpool Davies has to start tomorrow or why sign the guy for 4m

Heard it last weekend, and Gio has basically confirmed it as stated he brought the injury with him. Just joined the dots on what l was told against the info from Gios presser.

That isn't the injury I heard it was tbh. But then that was a good few weeks back now so maybe things have moved on since. ACL and out for season is the information I got.

Yeah, believe it was an interview either just before he left hearts or just after joining us.

In 20/21 he was thinking his career was done, and that he'd need to put everything into the coffee shop instead.

And that he felt his body gave him a second chance, but if it doesn't work out, coffee selling it is.

So you have just made up that he was chucking it until we came along?

He had other offers in England that he would have taken up had we not signed him.

"Lawrence will be missing until International break", Gio gets asked today if he'll be back tomorrow, and the answer is unsurprisingly "no"

Looks like the latest 3 week injury that will turn into months, we seem to be dreadful for dealing with injuries if being honest, its a constant issue with our squad
It was a certainty.

In the full presser he says Souttar brought the injury with him and we had to operate but he is now pain free.

Surely we should be picking that up as part of the medical, we basically sighed a player who is always injured while he was actually injured. Some of the recruitment decisions we make are baffling
That’s a sacking offence

Aye, but was hardly ever fit. We are too big a club to take such a gamble imho.

Just talk me through that - how much of a “gamble” is it?

Not being a d*ck but there was zero transfer fee and probably moderate wages.

He’s a CH who knows the league inside out and will ultimately be a squad player behind Goldson and Davies and probably King.

That’s a sacking offence

I don’t think it is mate.

My understanding - he had surgery at Hearts and had a pin or rod added. That solved the injury but was still causing pain or discomfort.

The club have taken the decision to remove said pin to improve the longer term prospects and remove the pain.

As said above, my understanding only!!

I think Balogun was really an indicator that Souttar would be a really bad idea.

Id actually rather they played King from the start of the season than do what theyve done but it seems Ross Wilson's influence over the squad is as strong as it is misguided.
King should have been promoted to take balogun solace in the squad

Souttar was totally unnessary signing £15k per week for 4 years what a waste of resources

We never seem to catch a break with players who have poor injury records

Stay well clear of these type of players rangers ffs how hard can it be

I don’t think it is mate.

My understanding - he had surgery at Hearts and had a pin or rod added. That solved the injury but was still causing pain or discomfort.

The club have taken the decision to remove said pin to improve the longer term prospects and remove the pain.

As said above, my understanding only!!
Rangers record with injury prone players is shocking

We need to stay clear of these players

It’s not fucking rocket science

Get rid of big Leon.

It's beyond bad luck.
It’s amateur at best and downright comical decision making

Rangers record with injury prone players is shocking

We need to stay clear of these players

It’s not fucking rocket science

I agree to an extent but who would we class as injury prone players outside of Souttar and Roofe?

Was Helander an injury prone player prior to signing under Gerrard?

Was always going to be the issue with Souttar. His ability is not the problem but his availability likely will be.

Get rid of big Leon.

It's beyond bad luck.

Did Balogun not miss more league games than Souttar last season through injury ?

Balogun had plenty of injuries in his short time with us, and at 34 for a central defender it was taking longer to recover.

Sands has played as much as his career at centre half than has midfield, can we put the playing out of position to bed.

Ben Davies played

2017/18 35 games
2018/19 41 games
2019/20 38 games
2020/21 19 games
2021/22 23 games.

What 4 seasons are you getting your 47 games from ? He played regularly until signing for Liverpool and went out on loan.

So you have just made up that he was chucking it until we came along?

He had other offers in England that he would have taken up had we not signed him.

Made up that in 21 that he felt as though his career would be cut short and he trained as a barista and got a coffee shop?

No.

Back