Inside Rangers Recruitment - The Athletic

Would love to give the athletic a go but find it hard to forgive Campbell’s pish after the feyanoord game rangers man my arse.

Last summers recruitment was dire for the most part. Rangers should be getting the best players from a team, clear stand outs who you think are too good for their team. Were Jones, Barker, Hastie clear stand outs or even the best player for their teams?

Hopefully NO MORE loan players from other teams
I disagree it’s the level of quality of loan players that’s the problem.
Hagi is the level we should be aiming for,especially if there’s a chance of an option to buy.

I’d bite your hand off for Andre Gray and Skov Olsen on loan for next season.

I disagree it’s the level of quality of loan players that’s the problem.
Hagi is the level we should be aiming for,especially if there’s a chance of an option to buy.

I’d bite your hand off for Andre Gray and Skov Olsen on loan for next season.

But that's the problem, to get a good level of loan player you must ask the question "why is he not playing for that team" to me Hagi is the exception and well done to Ross Wilson in spotting him.

Would you mind defining what a winner is in your opinion? Is it simply a player with experience of winning trophies?
I’d put it down to the mentality of the player. Take the last dance and michael Jordan’s mentality as an example. Will push his team mates to be better, won’t accept mediocrity, do whatever it takes in order to win the game. A winner doesn’t need to have a medal to have a winners attitude.

But that's the problem, to get a good level of loan player you must ask the question "why is he not playing for that team" to me Hagi is the exception and well done to Ross Wilson in spotting him.
I think certain players either just don’t suit certain clubs,with the two I mentioned one(Gray) is surplus to requirements despite his ability.
Skov Olsen is a young player who hasn’t managed to adapt to Serie A and he won’t be the last.

I think certain players either just don’t suit certain clubs,with the two I mentioned one(Gray) is surplus to requirements despite his ability.
Skov Olsen is a young player who hasn’t managed to adapt to Serie A and he won’t be the last.
I don't understand why people don't realise this.

Hagi is 21 and Skov Olsen is 20, if they were delivering 8/10 performances every week they would be going to Barcelona for €30m+. Young players need time and they need to find an environment they can thrive in, it doesn't always work out in certain countries

Hagi is 21 and Skov Olsen is 20, if they were delivering 8/10 performances every week they would be going to Barcelona for €30m+. Young players need time and they need to find an environment they can thrive in, it doesn't always work out in certain countries
I think you need to appreciate the level they’re being asked to play at also,Skov Olsen will find it easier to get by a say,McKenna of Aberdoom- than he would a Chiellini of Juventus for example.
Ditto Gray struggling against someone like Harry McGuire rather than Ajer of the dhims.

Completely different levels to try to succeed in.

I don’t think we signed a British player that hadn’t played against us, Hastie, Barker, Stewart, Jones,being 4 examples. Much as I love the manager he has to take responsibility for them. The Manager tells the DOF what type of player he wants and what positions he needs strengthened.

The Board ( and us ) provide the cash. In my humble opinion we should have signed a striker the moment Alfredo was suspended. we should always have the option of a BIG striker. Our loss of form was down to a loss of goals.

Whatever our budget is we need a striker, a strong aggressive ball-winning midfielder and a centre back.
I was in agreement with you till that point.

Excellent point that I’ve made before.
Sometimes its not as simple as the clubs.
It’s the environment and the culture, more so in foreign lands.
Ian Rush is the one that immediately comes to mind for me.
That they spoke a foreign language didn’t help either. (Allegedly)

Reactions: cav
The barker contract stinks for me and is maybe the reason allen was suddenly hoofed out the door. 10k a week for 3/4 yrs fooking mental

Lots of people at Ibrox on a matchday, on matchday threads on here and with extreme views on here simply don't 'get' or understand football.

Back