Insignificant things in football that annoy you.

"It's just a matter of time before someone gets a serious injury because of the assistant referees being told not to flag immediately for off side". The rule has been in place for a while now. Surely one would have happened by now if it was going to be a direct result of the rule change. Commentators should focus their concerns on the use of plastic pitches instead.

Celtic players at Parkheid never taking shys where the ball has gone over the touchline
and taking the shy another metre or two closer to the oppositions goals

Anyone else have something even more insignificant to get off their chest? :))
People who moan about insignificant things in football on forums.

Seriously, the way David Elleray at IFAB has been allowed to muck about with the Laws if the Game to try and define every little thing that might happen (e.g offside, handball)

International Football
George Best described it as recreational football, but I think it's here to stay. So no foreign managers pimping themselves out and the whole grandparent/swapping of alligencies/residency rule needs binned.
For what it's worth I also think there should be a UN neutral team at the World Cup made up of all the countries that never qualified. Best, Giggs, Weah, Litmanen, Brady are just a few players that never got to grace the tournament, yet countless diddies have.

Well-paid professional footballers unwilling to challenge for a high ball.

Well-paid professional footballers unwilling to stand face-on and block a shot heading for goal, because it might hit them (this one really annoys me).

Forwards who can't be ar*ed in closing down the opposition keeper with the ball at his feet (and who may have already shown signs of nervousness).
I find myself shouting at the telly -- "ffs!! Close him down !! Run at him !!"

An aspect of some pitch layouts I don't like is how little turf there is sometimes over the touchline.
A player will take a step back to take a corner and they're off the turf and onto another surface (and level). It may be a minor thing but it never looks good to me.

Goalkeepers being a protected species & taking great exception to being challenged at any point in a match. Kahn & Lehmann used to be masters of this and countless attacks were stopped purely because an opposition player was near them and they’d hit the deck.

Referees not allowing quick free kicks.

Example player breaking gets clipped free kick, no booking ball drops to team mate 2 yards away plays the free kick ref pulls it back allowing the opposition time to set up

• Love
Reactions: G33
Pro footballers who cant throw a ball correctly ,ie give away a foul throw.
Pro footballers who blast the ball over the bar. Do they not understand that you can't score over the bar? There is no point of shooting if you're going to blast it over the bar. Denis Berkamp is probably the only player I can think of, who hit the target all the time. Using the brain would help the rest!

The biggest one for me is when you need a goal and you’ve got an opposition defender pegged in up his own half with nowhere to go, he’s going back towards his own goal line and the attacker just bundles him over, concedes a free kick and gives them an easy out. It happens all the time n’all and I always wonder how attackers can be so fucking thick to make it really easy for defenders, whom if you just marshal them along, are going to have a really hard time getting the ball out of the danger area without either losing it, conceding a corner or even a throw in a decent position.

Maybe already been posted.
Players looking up at the big screens to see if they are on it,even during warm ups. Poseurs.

Pro footballers who blast the ball over the bar. Do they not understand that you can't score over the bar? There is no point of shooting if you're going to blast it over the bar. Denis Berkamp is probably the only player I can think of, who hit the target all the time. Using the brain would help the rest!
Aggggghhhhh
My total bugbear.
We do it all the time as well, every time it happens at Ibrox my son turns and looks at my face.
The 1st thing I was taught was to keep your head over the ball and keep the ball down.
I wasn’t Messi but I could hit a shot on target ffs.

Keeper with black palmed gloves instead of white.

Players constantly putting their hand over their mouth when talking.

Away strips being worn when there’s not need for it.

Aberdeen FC.

Japanese cleaning up
attention seeking pish

It's not a football thing though. It's a cultural thing. Gakko Soji it's called, they teach young school children the importance of tidying up after themselves, it's ingrained in them from an early age. Kids in Japan tidy the classroom at the end of the day. Believing it to promote cooperation, cleanliness and a sense of social responsibility.

It's probably the least offensive Japanese cultural trait tbh

The new breed of fan that supports players rather than teams

It's a horrific by-product of the individualism that defined the Ronaldo and Messi era. Twitter is a cesspit with these cucks.
I'm convinced that this forum will lose a bunch of posters once Morelos leaves the club. Already feel sorry for the forums of low level French/Spanish/Chinese clubs now.

Back