Inter Milan to change their name and club crest in March

To me Inter have been known as FFS Inter after their defeat in Estoril. If they had won that game, my and countless thousands of Rangers supporters lives would have been a lot easier.

Whereas teams like Feyenoord and Porto, to name two European teams at random, retain my undying gratitude.

Just becoming more american as each season goes by. Football has a rich history, we seem to be throwing it away.

It’s just the badge that’s changing, the name isn’t.

we played them in the 80's preseason in the Ibrox cup and they were called Internazionale then, I have the programme somewhere

The were known as Ambrosiana-Inter or similar in the Mussolini years. Whatever they call them I think they'll still be known as Inter Milan to most outside Italy.

No one really called them by their old name, and no one will call them by the new name either, it'll always still b just Inter.

No idea how they'll do "IM" though, going by their previous:

The badge they have now is class. It’s simple, looks good & you know who they are (unless you couldn’t give a toss & that’s the crowd they are aiming for :rolleyes:)

Think they were called Inter Milano in one of the Sensible Soccer games in the 90s. The same edition we were called Glasgow and the mhanks were Glaswegian (if my memory serves correct)

Obviously they will have a crack team of marketing people on this getting paid a fortune, but how would changing the name and crest slightly give them a bigger appeal to a new audience?

Load of shit. When you pick a team, you accept the team identity. It isn't broke, why fĂąck about with the name?

Selling your soul to accomodate what? Corporate bigwigs? Foreign investors? "Supporters" from the far east that would drop the team like a crusty scud book if the team stopped playing well?

FĂąck off.
FĂąck modern football.

This must be a result of the court case with Inter Miami. They'll think it protects the brand more to just change the name.

At least their fans won't need to buy new scarfs.

NINTCHDBPICT000304848963.jpg

943f581c7b3b407982753502b4e2b6cb.jpg

Inter-Fans-380-Reuters.jpg

That era in the 90s when the Serie A was the biggest league in World was Football at it's absolute peak for me.

I'd love for Serie A to take back it's crown, there's just something more glamorous and romantic about even the wee teams in that league compared to teams like Burnley and Brighton in the EPL.

Sadly those days are gone forever and things like this won't help.

That era in the 90s when the Serie A was the biggest league in World was Football at it's absolute peak for me.

I'd love for Serie A to take back it's crown, there's just something more glamorous and romantic about even the wee teams in that league compared to teams like Burnley and Brighton in the EPL.

Sadly those days are gone forever and things like this won't help.
Agreed, but I'd still pick a serie a game over an EPL one.

Come on, they could just shorten the name but be the same but to change the crest because they think they will get bigger exposure?

They should have done the opposite and made badge bigger. A huge 80s style badge. Which I'd love us to do too.

Back