Interesting Tommy McLean stat

Drumchapel

He was last Kilmarnock player to score for Scotland, but the interesting stat is that he didnt get a Scotland cap after his move to Rangers. Have many other players not got Scotland caps after move to Rangers.

He was last Kilmarnock player to score for Scotland, but the interesting stat is that he didnt get a Scotland cap after his move to Rangers. Have many other players not got Scotland caps after move to Rangers.
Didn't we sign him when he was away on Scotland duty before he played in the game?

Far more players gained international caps after moving to Rangers than stopped getting capped.

Until recently obviously.

Scotland had a plethora of top class wingers both right and left wing to call on in the late 60's early 70's. Practically every team in the old English First Division would have a Scottish winger.
Tommy McLean to this day is the best crosser of a ball I've seen in a Rangers jersey. Just ask Derek Johnstone who was on the end on the end of those crosses.

Found a good one. Sounness. His last Scotland cap was against West Germany in 1986 World Cup. He had signed before tournament though, but no longer capped after he started playing for us

Found a good one. Sounness. His last Scotland cap was against West Germany in 1986 World Cup. He had signed before tournament though, but no longer capped after he started playing for us

thats because he retired from international football following the 86 World Cup so as to concentrate on Rangers.

Scotland had a plethora of top class wingers both right and left wing to call on in the late 60's early 70's. Practically every team in the old English First Division would have a Scottish winger.
Tommy McLean to this day is the best crosser of a ball I've seen in a Rangers jersey. Just ask Derek Johnstone who was on the end on the end of those crosses.

who kept TM out of the squad around this time?

I think he scored a hat trick for Killie against us in a cup semi final.6-4 to us IIRC

They used to say that Wee Tam could put a ball onto a sixpence.
However, I don't believe Wee Tam would ever have risked leaving a sixpence on the park.

33 mate, and in all honesty was a player / manager.
Next tournament was 2 years away, so right imo

who kept TM out of the squad around this time?
Some wingers I remember getting caps while Calimero was at Ibrox are Willie Morgan, Tommy Hutchison, Bud (then at WBA) and some inconsistent winger who played with the Paedos.
I don't recall there ever being any moaning about wee Tommy not getting a game for Scotland.

The year we won the Scottish cup in 73, we played the hivers at Easter Road and wee calimero scored both our goals there.

One in 90 and the winner in ET. Reason I remember it so well was our terracing was jam packed and couldnae see the game at times and I foolishly went oot the gates near the end of 90 and didnae get back in again.

A great night for the wee man and for us.

Back