Internal Investigation

T
I expect to hear something this week, possibly today or tomorrow.

There is nothing to be gained by delaying the process.
There is nothing to be gained in a lot of things our board do or don't do but they still carry on regardless.

guy at work is a Thistle fan. claimed they tried to get Miller on an emergency loan the day he was suspended however it was too late in the season.

I dreamt that Miller hit the underside of the bar with a penalty but scored from the re-bound for us to win 0-1 this coming weekend so maybe it will be resolved this week :D
There is more chance of miller coming back as manager than there is of us getting a penalty at the piggery to stop their title party

Really? Decisively and swiftly putting them into a state of fcking limbo?

Dealt with? Aye if you’re the type of person who considers washing the dishes and leaving them on the rack “done” or credits yourself with having done the laundry when there’s a washing machine full of wet clothes waiting to be hung up I suppose.

U ok hon? Pm me

Announcing anything now could be a distraction for the game this weekend.

Some people would also complain if that happened.

If the Club ignores procedures, rushes to an improper conclusion, the very same people jumping up and down demanding action now, would be jumping up and down then, saying the opposite, especially if the Club had to pay compensation for ignoring the rules.

"Why didn't the Club follow procedures, incompetent, sack the board, sack Robertson"

It was reported the players were at the players union on the way home. Not the same thing as a simple two weeks fine, accepted by the players. There is a dispute here. How many would accept being virtually sacked and have the employer decide the outcome of the dispute. Employment law, contracts have had to move out of the stone age.

The Club can have as many "Internal investigations" it likes, if the players have taken it further, it is out of the Club's hands.

This is anti board sentiment masquerading as a quest for knowledge.

You couldn't be more wrong!

I have repeatedly backed this board,at times against my better judgement. I continue to back this board and believe that away from the footballing operation they have performed well.

That they have struggled,and struggled badly regarding on field matters is plain for all to see.

My enquiry in this instance was a genuine one.

Even when it's over we will hear little, as I expect both to leave and there will be a stringent confidentiality clause on both parties (players and Club).
From the information I got last week Miller is taking this the full road and will not let it rest until his name is cleared fully and for what it's worth the whole incident has been blown our of proportion, "Seen bigger arguments under Walters team drawing a match"

From the information I got last week Miller is taking this the full road and will not let it rest until his name is cleared fully and for what it's worth the whole incident has been blown our of proportion, "Seen bigger arguments under Walters team drawing a match"

Miller's agent is very aggressive about clearing up the stains on Miller's character that, frankly, Miller's actions put there. I know for a fact he's very active in putting out a version of the story which doesn't include the obvious fact that this always happens with Kenny Miller and the team is visibly derailed when he's back training with them but he's not getting a game.

You couldn't be more wrong!

I have repeatedly backed this board,at times against my better judgement. I continue to back this board and believe that away from the footballing operation they have performed well.

That they have struggled,and struggled badly regarding on field matters is plain for all to see.

My enquiry in this instance was a genuine one.

Fair enough, but if this has been taken further by the players, then it's out of the board's hands. I think criticism in that scenario is unfair.

It's far more likely that Wallace is suspended for the rest of the season and will return next season and at that point it's up to the new manager while Miller's basically sacked without it actually being against him that he was sacked. I highly doubt there's some in depth investigation and it's more just getting them away for the rest of the season and leaving it at that

So is the OP expecting bang case done and dusted and look we let you know before the press got to hear about it. Then its proven they got it wrong and end up through the courts and having to pay out money.

Having experience of dealing with discipline cases and other type cases they aren't done in a matter of days, and the people outside the group involved aren't allowed to find out any information. If information did leak out then anyone who feels they haven't had the outcome they wished for could take said company to a further hearing or worse a tribunal if they are sacked.

Depending on the company guidelines you need to arrange an interview giving them at least 7 days notice and also they are allowed to have a union rep or (some companies) a work colleague from the same location at the interview. Also the interviewer can also have a note taker with them.
Depending on the scale/ level of the case you might not be able to arrange the interviews on the same day due to availability of all of the above and also if the people who are part of the investigation are not allowed to be near each other that also needs careful planning.

Once the interview has taken place the person involved is entitled to typed notes of the interview that they need to agree with the union and then signed off.

if during the interview process you need to go back and interview people again due to information provided then again you go through the process.

The toughest case I have ever dealt with involved 37 interviews with 6 people over a period of 17 weeks before I got to the outcome, needless to say the person appeal the case and everything that I had even scribbled notes had to be sent off for further investigation by a manager higher up.

The club need to be seen to be doing this correct or it could blow up in their faces even more.

I dreamt that Miller hit the underside of the bar with a penalty but scored from the re-bound for us to win 0-1 this coming weekend so maybe it will be resolved this week :D

Would need to have a touch from another player before he scored :D

Of course it has. The board have shown time and again their total inability to handle footballing matters the way they should be handled.

It’s farcical and habitual on their part to drag these things out with a corporate approach.

Employers are encouraged by HR advisers and Employment Law solicitors to be seen to take a proper amount of time over these things and I would imagine that`s what the club is doing. That said, I would be surprised if they don`t have Miller and Wallace in this week for their side of events.

Thereafter, it shouldn`t take more than a couple of days to reach a decision (assuming they haven`t already done that in private).

If the Club ignores procedures, rushes to an improper conclusion, the very same people jumping up and down demanding action now, would be jumping up and down then, saying the opposite, especially if the Club had to pay compensation for ignoring the rules.

"Why didn't the Club follow procedures, incompetent, sack the board, sack Robertson"

It was reported the players were at the players union on the way home. Not the same thing as a simple two weeks fine, accepted by the players. There is a dispute here. How many would accept being virtually sacked and have the employer decide the outcome of the dispute. Employment law, contracts have had to move out of the stone age.

The Club can have as many "Internal investigations" it likes, if the players have taken it further, it is out of the Club's hands.

This is anti board sentiment masquerading as a quest for knowledge.

I presume the players will have spoken to the Union about the cause of the suspension and may wish to have them attend the hearing with them. They might as an alternative opt for their Agent to attend. However this will take s long as it takes although I would imagine there will be a clearly defined timeline being operated to. However it is not out of the clubs hands as it is a dispute between employer and employees being managed by the employer within a legal framework.

One thing for sure it is not for public consumption and details of the hearing will, quite rightly, be sparse. No doubt this will cause frustration as a lack of transparency!

Really? Decisively and swiftly putting them into a state of fcking limbo?

Dealt with? Aye if you’re the type of person who considers washing the dishes and leaving them on the rack “done” or credits yourself with having done the laundry when there’s a washing machine full of wet clothes waiting to be hung up I suppose.

Oh man. The dishes are most certainly done when they're left to dry on the rack.

You're not one of these unhygienic people who wipe them all down with a cloth then put them away instead of leaving them to air naturally are you?

Oh man. The dishes are most certainly done when they're left to dry on the rack.

You're not one of these unhygienic people who wipe them all down with a cloth then put them away instead of leaving them to air naturally are you?

They’re not done until they’re in the cupboard and away. Wiped or air-dried.

Half-jobbery is for poets

The board are currently interviewing players and staff members around the training centre to get their version of events.

Probably too quickly and are regretting it and wondering how to get out the position the manager has put them in.
This . If there is a series of people willing to state that KM and LW did nothing out the ordinary or say anything more than industrial language , the board could have another issue to deal with !!

This . If there is a series of people willing to state that KM and LW did nothing out the ordinary or say anything more than industrial language , the board could have another issue to deal with !!

Correct. Do folk really think angry dressing room confrontation doesn’t happen at countless clubs every weekend? Swearing? Aggression?

Other clubs just use a perhaps old-fashioned approach called “common sense” to deal with them.

I don’t buy for a second that anything other than some unsavoury words we’re flying about and if that’s the case then all the drivel about employment law, etc is s complete diversion from the fact the club could have simply wrapped this up without the usual sledgehammer/nut approach.

Unless KM and LW booted the fck out of Murty, there was no real world need for this to be anything other than the manager dealing with them the next morning with a dressing-down in the office.

Does anyone really think if an experienced and assertive manager was in charge that they would need to hide behind officious process and employment law to sort out a post-match barney - even in the current “couldn’t possibly not take days/weeks to consult agents, unions, lawyers” climate...

They will have in KM case as he never said a word to Murty as he wasn’t there.

The goal wouldn't stand for 2 reasons! 1st it would be a free kick to them cos nobody else touched the ball & 2nd Thomson is the ref so there is no way we are getting a pen;)

Sounds more like a nightmare as it would be disallowed and a free kick to them :D

And you're in the realms of fantasy mate if you think Thomson is likely to give Rangers a penalty at the piggery! This is the man who gave us a penalty in a cup final and changed his mind :mad: But I do like your train of thought :)

Miller is taking this nowhere, he is suspended pending an investigation, by his employers, into his conduct. Now it maybe that he will be able to disprove the allegations of misconduct made against him. He may even be able in time to turn it around but at the present moment he is not in control and is taking nothing anywhere, he is fighting to save his job.

I really do wonder about this whole situation. Clearly a complaint has been made by a member of staff that has taken this from a dressing room tiff to a full blown HR issue. In Millers case he is out of contract in a few weeks and he could have had an internal suspension for the remaining period of his contract and/or a Club fine. I have to think there is more to this than a dressing room spat. However one thing is certain in this debacle the Board would not have wanted this type of coverage and they are reacting as they are required to rather than what they might have wished to.

Back