International Call ups - Ours and Theirs

McGregor
Tav balogun goldson borna
Kamara Lundstram
Kent arfield sakala
Itten/roofe

Is this how we’re looking for that much based on current availability?
You've not listed Bassey of course. Could also have Davis and Hagi available and I don't think Roofe will be called up. No reason for us to give him a run out last night if he was getting on a plane today or tomorrow to head to Jamaica. The Club/player will surely already know if he's to be named in their squad. Probably too soon for Helander to get up to speed but you never know.

You've not listed Bassey of course. Could also have Davis and Hagi available and I don't think Roofe will be called up. No reason for us to give him a run out last night if he was getting on a plane today or tomorrow to head to Jamaica. The Club/player will surely already know if he's to be named in their squad. Probably too soon for Helander to get up to speed but you never know.
Bassey obviously has a valid stake to be starting. Was trying to predict what the management team might do - truth is I’ve got no idea! Davis and hagi would be massive boosts if fit.

We’re not looking too bad are we? Definitely strong defensively. Hopefully we can get itten, roofe, sakala on the scoresheet again in the games prior to that match

I disagree and tbh, I wouldnt be overly bothered by whether it looked embarrassing or what the other half of the city say. I want the league and the 40m that comes with it. It would be a game changer, stabilise the club for years and fund some excellent players for a rebuild. We are a business as well as a football team with passionate supporters.

If you offer me that over bragging rights for not shitting it, I know what one I am taking.
It’s not £40m, depends on the results it could be around £25m

Guy that takes my son’s football is ralston’s best pal and he told me that ralston said kyogo is fucked. Blood in the hamstring. No way he makes the old firm. Must be why Japan knew in advance not to call him up

Guy that takes my son’s football is ralston’s best pal and he told me that ralston said kyogo is fucked. Blood in the hamstring. No way he makes the old firm. Must be why Japan knew in advance not to call him up
Someone was saying in another thread he's out until the split, time will tell.

If true poor management rushing him back from previous hamstring injury

There are rumours that he's out for 3 months.

Was it the dead rubber European game where they rushed him back in after injury

Or was that the initial injury?

Comically poor management

So, as I predicted, they've lost Rogic and Maeda. They have Furuhashi and Turnbull injured - for now at least.

We've lost Morelos and, almost certainly, Aribo. Plus our own injuries.

Just need to hear the Jamaica squad. I don't think Roofe will be called up - and that would be a big relief, with Morelos away.
Football is a weird sport, Nigeria are playing Tunisia in the knock out part of the competition tomorrow and anything can happen in 90 mins, especially in that competition.

Last edited:
There are rumours that he's out for 3 months.

hope this is true and hope the other wee Japanese forward is called into their international squad. Although signs are the 3 they bought are nowhere near that level. Just Scottish MSM doing their usual.

hope this is true and hope the other wee Japanese forward is called into their international squad. Although signs are the 3 they bought are nowhere near that level. Just Scottish MSM doing their usual.
Maeda has been called to to replace Furuhashi mate. All covered earlier in the thread.

I dont personally get this argument if it is what the club decide. I back our full squad to beat Ross County and Livi, as well as Celtic whenever those games need to be crammed in. I think that is a calculate risk definitely worth taking.

I dont, however, think making the conscious decision to go to parkhead missing our best players in a league worth 40m is anything close to a risk worth taking.
Are you under 18?
2008 not in your memory bank?

Back