International Champions Cup- Rangers

indianabluenose

Rangers need to leverage having our manager and get into this tournament. It is a bad time of year for us but would bring in a lot of money.

It would bring in some good money and exposure for us, but really not sure it's what we need in the middle of a European qualifying campaign with obscene kick off times & a lot of travelling to far flung places like Singapore and Texas for our games.

Not ready for that yet it’s what he is building up for. We have to get away from playing in early round of Europe.

It would bring in some good money and exposure for us, but really not sure it's what we need in the middle of a European qualifying campaign with obscene kick off times & a lot of travelling to far flung places like Singapore and Texas for our games.

I would rather we concentrate on the qualifiers and the league. I would happily sacrifice Europe and keep morelos to stop 9IAR. We need him and defoe to fire us to glory Lennon will bottle it

Personally, I prefer playing normal friendlies closer to home. For a lot of fans, younger ones in particular, friendlies give a great opportunity for them to get to games when they usually can't. I like the thought of Rangers playing in Scotland as much as possible and bringing the club closer to the fans, than chase the money in far off places where most fans won't be able to see the team. Maybe that's just old fashioned but I think there's nothing more soulless than playing a friendly in front of a crowd that really don't care.

Anyway, we can't play in them while we have four qualifiers so it's out the question just now.

Nice idea poorly thought through, come back in maybe 3 years when it could be physically possible, but by which time you'd expect Gerrard to have moved on

sadly we are not seen as a big enough draw in the places where these types of tournaments take place, in this respect, we are definitely small fry in the eyes of the market this is aimed at,i dont think having steven gerrard as our manager would change any of that

We need to first become champions then sort out our co-efficient so we don’t have to play 4 rounds for qualification then we can start thinking about glamour pre season tournaments
Anyone got any ideas how many years this would take? I think there would always be a last round play off but thats the end of August which is ok. These games in early July are a joke as so many players are away playing international football in June

Could we play in this yes

But I doubt as the other poster it would be down having Steven Gerrard as manager

Games can be played in Europe as well

Celtic played 3 games in 2016 and it was fitted around their European schedule and domestic schedule received around £2m appearance money for it from memory

Leicester in Glasgow
Barcelona in Dublin
Inter Milan in Limerick

The Inter game they had to postponed a League game for it and granted by the SPFL to do so it was done well in advance of the fixtures been produced as this tournament is announced in April/May, hence why they started at Hearts that season and postponed game 2 v Partick at home to play Inter

Back