Inverness - Big Rangers Town?

This "big town" has a population less than Ibrox to be fair.
“Big Rangers Town” is a reference to the % of Rangers supporters, obviously nothing to do with the population count.

No mhanks in my school as far as I can remember.

Bears, stags and Aberdeen fans. And non footballing fans

I’m Inversneke born an bred.
Moved away in the mid 80’s, still go up every year to see family and friends.
Rangers were always the team in the town.
Then Caley, tims after that.
Same myself. Left in '86. Was a ballboy at Telford Street as a kid then a Howden Ender until I was old enough to travel to our games.

Correct.

Glasgow one of only 4 constituencies that voted yes.

To be fair about it, 170k in Glasgow "city" voted No. That's more than most constituencies even have people. Take into account Greater Glasgow (a population of over 1.2 million people) and there is probably more people that voted No in this part of the woods than anywhere else in Scotland.

Cauldeen 1-6, Dalneigh 7, High School 1-6. Born in '65 mate. Do I know you? :cool:
Probably not.
Born in 70.
Raised in Springfield Gardens next to the Bught Park.
Superb as a kid
5 grass pitches
Shinty stadium
Ice rink
Boating pond
Golf
Trampolines
The islands
Those were the days!

To be fair about it, 170k in Glasgow "city" voted No. That's more than most constituencies even have people. Take into account Greater Glasgow (a population of over 1.2 million people) and there is probably more people that voted No in this part of the woods than anywhere else in Scotland.
And conversely, more people voted Yes in that part of the woods than anywhere else in Scotland.
Dress it up how you want but Glasgow is a 'Yes City'.

Worked for Dave for years in pub mate - still occasionally see Junior.

small world!! I went to school with Dave and was hoping to catch up last year when I was back but Dave had got caught up as Senior had just passed away.

small world!! I went to school with Dave and was hoping to catch up last year when I was back but Dave had got caught up as Senior had just passed away.

Very sad to see Dave go - I spent many years working for him and the place is no the same.

I'm a few years younger than Junior but I used to tag along with him and his mates as a teenager and had some great laughs.

Am sure 'Satan' who posted on here years ago was an Invernesian. Used to see him at Euro away trips about 10-12 years ago. Well, you couldnt miss him.

Am sure 'Satan' who posted on here years ago was an Invernesian. Used to see him at Euro away trips about 10-12 years ago. Well, you couldnt miss him.
Yep, anyone whose been in his house has to love the decor! Great guy too

Caithness loyal , I’m no sure if they are still going , wick true blues is no longer but highland loyal originates in Wick and pick up in Thurso, lybster, Brora , Golspie, Tain, Alness and Invergordon every home game .
Don't forget on the other club Thurso Loyal. I am sure you see a lot of their members throughout the week. ;)
If you are down to the Hearts match in December then I will probably see you. :cool:

Going back to the Oil Yard days we were known to the locals as the "Hey Jimmies", they were named the Wombles as they all seemed to come Wimbling down from the hills & within days were Welders.

My old man was an electrician at Ardersier and used the term "hey Jimmies". He called the welders "six week wonderboys" :)

As for the entire North of Scotland, apart from a small area around Aberdeen its mostly Rangers.

Don't forget on the other club Thurso Loyal. I am sure you see a lot of their members throughout the week. ;)
If you are down to the Hearts match in December then I will probably see you. :cool:
I didn’t know Thurso loyal was still going ? I’ll see a load of them tonight in the pentland as big marv , novo @ Alex Rae are here in Thurso

might see ye

Nothing like 70k, the poster with the remark about about having less population than Ibrox is probably about right, even with the latest house building.
The population of their home towns and cities is one thing that folks always exaggerate.
Google the words Population of Inverness 2019

Correct. Glasgow is misrepresented in this. Stick all the Glasgow postcodes together. A resounding No result.

Mate, it's rediculious to talk about the actual numbers when the discussion is about areas. Of course Glasgow had more no votes numerically, it also had more yes voters.

Mate, it's rediculious to talk about the actual numbers when the discussion is about areas. Of course Glasgow had more no votes numerically, it also had more yes voters.

That'll be because it's the most populated place in Scotland, so when people from small towns in comparison call it all "Yes" area you can see how daft that seems.

Back