Inverness Clachnacuddin failing to charge the camcorder

Wasn't there a top flight Scottish game in the dim and distant past where the cameraman for got to take off the lens cap whilst filming for TV highlights? My memory banks seem to tell me that.

%^*& Clachnacuddin, remember being in their club a few years back for a game against ICT and the had posters up for Charley and the beasts, needless to say the phone number on the flyer was obliterated with some profanities!

That really surprises me. Can't believe that type of thing happens up north.

It baffles me that going to Wolfetone and CATB gigs is normalised in Scotland.

Obviously technology has not quite reached some of the outer reaches of northern Scotland. A relation of mine lives up near Dornoch and decided it was time to take his kid to watch some football so asked him Ross County or Inverness. Wee fella chose County so my relation went online and ordered 2 tickets. On the day of the game went to pick them up and then spent about 10 minutes waiting while ticket office looked for tickets. On a table behind them was an envelope and cousins asked could that be them. Answer "Oh your the guy who ordered online"!!!!!

Wasn't there a top flight Scottish game in the dim and distant past where the cameraman for got to take off the lens cap whilst filming for TV highlights? My memory banks seem to tell me that.

Yes, and for that we should be grateful. It was the second half of the 1957 League Cup Final! The scum were convinced the BBC did it on purpose, I kid you not! I think there were also technical issues with the BBC coverage of the 1964 final which meant only the first half could be shown, though STV got it all.

Yes, and for that we should be grateful. It was the second half of the 1957 League Cup Final! The scum were convinced the BBC did it on purpose, I kid you not! I think there were also technical issues with the BBC coverage of the 1964 final which meant only the first half could be shown, though STV got it all.

Thanks bud. I wasn't around at the time of the 1957 LCF and would have been a bit young to remember 1964 so I must have read somewhere about the lens cap thing.

Reactions: ao2
A guy I know had a job filming games for Paul Ince when he was manager at MK Dons. Employment ceased after 1st half of one match missed due to “still charging the batteries” issues

1957 League Cup Final, isawthat, and it was horrendous, don't remember the BBC coverage for obvious reasons.

Reactions: ao2
I was doing some analysis work for Wellington Phoenix last year so went to film a pre season match before I code the footage.

Anyway I arrived at the little ground where the game was being played and was told the usual gantry ( basically scaffolding with a tent on top) could not be used as they were doing work on it. The issue was this was the only raised part on the ground.

I looked around for ages and spoke to the local team about what they would normally do.

The suggestion was to climb the fence in to the school grounds next to the pitch, climb onto the roof and film from there....

After that I left the actually filming to a youth player as “work experience”. A nightmare job as in another occasion halfway through a match the camera just stopped working.

This is due to the home side not charging the camcorder prior to the arrival of the videographer. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.
yVgCafJ.gif

Back