Inverness statement disciplinary system not fit for purpose

Good statement

Fully agree with them, football is fecked unless something is done about the covering up to save the referees faces , how a 3 man committee could come to this decision is criminal and that was after the Tef had a second look at it and I’m sure could have rescinded the yellow

That’s a good robust statement with evidence which makes the sfa stance laughable and embarrassing to them.

buuuuut we’ve said this for yonks and get abuse for it.

mine hand %^*& then, in the other if they are willing to stand with us then we can do something

Good statement- probably the panel saw the colours red white and blue and got their teams mixed up?
Do you know what - I wouldn't even be surprised if this is done sort of retribution against ICT. Have they maybe backed up our viewpoint on some behind the scenes issues that our club insist are happening.

A warning to other clubs not to question the cabal running our game?

Hope we have been in contact with ICT and others and can arrange a strategy to question the SFA.

" ... the club has no option but to speak out publicly on behalf of our player and on behalf of the growing number of Scottish football clubs who believe that the SFA disciplinary process is not fit for purpose."

"The video evidence however removes all doubt from the situation ..."

" ... justice and sporting integrity would surely prevail."

" ... but we must call into question the actual football knowledge of those sitting in judgement on all Scottish football players under this current system."

" ... then there can be no other conclusion other than they do not understand football or the rules of the game. As harsh as this sounds, there can be no other conclusion. Fans and officials of all clubs are mystified by this decision. "

" We believe it also damages the credibility of our governing body and brings the game into disrepute."

As a few other posters have pointed out -- that is a Statement.
They've taken care not to "question anyone’s integrity", but they've also used all of those above phrases and sentences.

A far cleverer yet more direct statement than anything I expect to see from ourselves atm.

And remember, this is just over a player wrongfully deemed to have simulated, then got sent off.

It's not as if they lost that game !
It's not as if they lost to an offisde goal, or had good goals wrongfully chalked off, or had handball goals given against them, or penalties issued against them on some basis but not to their opponents.

They obviously realise the first Rule -- don't lie down to the SFA, otherwise they'll sh*t all over you.
Complain right from the start.
Or you might end up like Rangers.
Consistently cheated.

Wow!
Great statement from ICTFC.
Especially as we have seen our own club suffer at the hands of the corrupt SFA.
I immediately sympathised and felt deeply sorry for them...

...but then recalled this from June 2012...

Inverness CT: Club number four to say they are rejecting newco Rangers' application to join the SPL.

"The past few weeks have been extremely hectic in terms of our supporters and season ticket holders making their views known in great numbers to the club, as is their right," said chairman Kenny Cameron.

"It is fair to say that in excess of 95% of them raised the issue of sporting integrity as the reason why they don't want the newco to be admitted and had not yet renewed their season tickets.

"Financially, we examined the various scenarios and, frankly, none of them were positive for our club, it is extremely disappointing to be adversely affected by something not of our doing, unfortunately this is a similar situation for the rest of the clubs in SPL.

"We have also been contacted by supporters of various other SPL clubs, saying they would not be back to Inverness if we did not accept that sporting integrity was what mattered, but this is something that we had already considered and it is not only the integrity of the SPL that is at stake but the integrity of Scottish football.

"It is quite clear, that supporter opinion in Scotland overwhelming supports that view. Supporters are the life blood of any club and we would have been foolish not take on board their opinions on this matter, they are our customers and any business that ignores the views of it customers does so at its peril"

"A substantial amount of our own fans have withheld from buying their season tickets, saying they will not do so if we vote for a newco to re-enter directly in to the SPL. In now making clear how we will vote, we expect these fans to come forward fairly quickly and renew their season tickets and give Caley Thistle the financial injection it requires for the 2012-13 campaign.

"We are hoping that all the ICT fans will now rally round and buy extra season tickets to cushion the blow of the potential loss in revenues from elsewhere."

Never forgive! Never forget!
When I said that at the time I meant it.
Get it right fucking up them!
With you 100%
Another club that shot themselves in the foot and directly contributed to the shambolic situation Scottish football finds itself in.

There are Tims on the ICT Twitter feed honestly suggesting that we are the only team that benefits from the disciplinary process. Unbelievable. Moonhowlers the lot of them.

With you 100%
Another club that shot themselves in the foot and directly contributed to the shambolic situation Scottish football finds itself in.

Too true, we stood alone while these fuckers and others like them conspired to put the boot into us, more than happy to go along with Lawwell, Regan, Doncaster, Thompson, and all the other clubs who shat upon us.
As I said, get it right fucking up them! They reap what they sow.

Well ICT didn't miss with that statement. Hopefully shared far and wide to show just how corrupt and ridiculous the SFA is. This is a total embarrassment for them.

Among the things I like in that statement, which are numerous, is that the ICT chief executive and chairman have appended their names.

It used to be the case that any statement, letter, article, report and the like were signed by the writers. A custom that has unfortunately been largely dropped.

ICT fans know the top of their club is behind that statement rather than a lesser functionary or, God forbid, a consultant.

Last edited:
Who wrote this statement? Fancy a job at Ibrox?

really really good statement and no pussy footing about either. Straight to the “you clearly have no knowledge of the game and therefore can’t make the correct decision”

brilliant
He quotes PFA as turning up where the %^*& have those fakers been bunkered ?

btw Scot Gardner Was he at Rangers previously ?
Yes he was.

Whats the bets they get fined for that statement.? They'll be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for accusing the SFA of bringing the game into disrepute :))

The SFA are not fit for purpose. I am glad someone has called them out. the one serious failing with our board amongst all the good they have done

Great statement from Inverness.It's no wonder they are raging, A blind man could see that there was contact.
This makes whole process of an appeal is an absolute disgrace. In the speed of the game at normal time ,Maybe the ref could think that there was no contact ,But there is absolute no excuse for this so called panel to think, that after viewing that footage to still come to the conclusion that it was simulation.
Totally feel for Keatings having to miss a cup final,

A player sent off against us, and yet you can't find a single Rangers fan who thinks it was a dive and that the appeal being thrown out was a joke.

But somehow the SFA have managed to find a panel who think it was simulation.

Super Caley going ballistic must still be gnawing away at them.

That’s 1 poor decision that’s gone against ICT and they release that statement....1 poor
decision. We have decisions as poor as that on a weekly basis.
Also note the comment that they are part of a number of clubs unhappy with the standard of refereeing. Who else? Apart from us

Believe it or not, there'll be decisions that go against other clubs that are suspect/unfathomable and not just us. It's time the clubs with the grievances joined together and it appears ICT may lead the way.

Good statement

What a great, and factual statement! Please let's have some other clubs pile on here. What a farce!

Watched this at Ibrox on Sunday and no-one could believe the referee's decision.

This is Les Mottram level.

I'm just surprised it's not only in games that affect us negatively or the jungles positively that this is happening.

I just thot the panel were cheats but it seems they also have a high level of incompetence as well.

ICT have this spot on. A crazy decision that looks like it has been made only to back up the referee instead of making the correct decision.

A well worded statement.
The main problem is the Scottish referees are truly awful with an inbuilt bias towards a certain club built by years of aggressive abuse by them and their media friends whenever anything goes wrong. Slowly the rest of Scottish football is waking up to this.

Just found that, via their twitter feed. Great statement.
Some of the responses to their tweet, though.... Fans of other cubs are consumed by Rangers. Consumed.
Even a statement by ICT to an SFA injustice brings snide references, directed at Rangers.
I f@#king hate Scotland. Absolutely can't stand it.

Unbelievable, what's wrong with admitting that you got something wrong and rectifying said decision, that goes for in general not just at the SFA

I hope this might be the beginning of the end for the SFA disciplinary team. I expect that, giving the decisions to us were at the forefront.
Can only hope eh!

Just seen this.
Cannot believe it.
If three folk watch that vid, then uphold the decision, we are as well stopping watching football. its over.

Good statement, they've defended their player well however here's the more sinister angle. In a game that matters more to ICT than it does to us (in the grand scheme of things), a ludicrous decision, which can be shown to favour Rangers is now a key talking point and deflects the lap-dog media away from the million ludicrous decisions that have adversely affected us.

That ''independent '' panel is not fit for purpose, if they say that was a dive they know nothing about football and should ashamed of themselves....ICT gave a good statement there and the whole of Scottish football should back them and bombard the SFA with complaints....There is only one club who are refereed and looked at a different level and we all no which club it is?

Back