Investment in Rangers

WATP

Any new news on the rumoured investment that was pending? Was sent message today that would be significant if true but sadly I do think is a nonsense, but it got me thinking that the Hong Kong and Far East investment we were expecting has gone a bit quiet recently. Maybe just the changing market conditions with the COVID19 backdrop.

Any updates recently that I may have missed?

Any new news on the rumoured investment that was pending? Was sent message today that would be significant if true but sadly I do think is a nonsense, but it got me thinking that the Hong Kong and Far East investment we were expecting has gone a bit quiet recently. Maybe just the changing market conditions with the COVID19 backdrop.

Any updates recently that I may have missed?

Aye hunners, Taxi drivers are on furlough but WhatsApp is still going strong. Big announcement due tomorrow to accompany the strip launch.

Stuart Gibson is completing several sizeable business transactions in Asia.

His business looks resilient.

Not sure where he end others are at though.

He is thought to have already commited a large sum in the up comeing share issue. I think there is also meant to be a 2nd invester doing the same.

This was from a recent 'The4thofficial' article:
Now, that all leaves Rangers on a decent financial footing, but along with that I can also reveal that substantial sums are being brought into the football club via the share issue. Stuart Gibson has already agreed to underwrite a massive amount of money and I can say that I know of another investor coming in at the same time as Mr Gibson, who will also be bringing a hugely substantial amount of money into the club.
Add those investors to those already there and you have a football club which is more secure and stable than most, with no external debt whatsoever. There’s no more legal fees to pay either. That cost Rangers more than £3 million last year. Dealing with Mike Ashley and Sports Direct has been costly, that will end. Another sign of the sun coming over the horizon.

The board said the investment would go ahead, just a bit later on. Or words to that effect.
Yeh King said at the AGM it would be around March and he was staying on to complete that but clearly no one could account for the pandemic which I guess is why it wasn’t announced prior to him formally stepping down as chairman.

Hoping the delay might have given Club1872 a bit of time to build up more funds and participate in the share issue.

*From March* but the phrase “one for the future”
Graeme Souness reveals Rangers return ambition as legend opens up on boardroom role
The former gaffer has his sights set on returning to the club he revolutionised in the 1980s.

• BY SCOTT MCDERMOTT
  • 23:10, 28 MAR 2020UPDATED09:58, 29 MAR 2020

Graeme Souness has revealed that he’d like to return to Rangers and take a seat on the Ibrox board.

The former Gers boss and club legend hopes to be invited back in a future advisory role.

It comes 24 hours after Dave King stepped down as chairman, leaving Douglas Park and a new Ibrox task force to guide the club through the coronavirus crisis and secure fresh investment.

Souness spent five years at Rangers as player-manager between 1986 and 1991 – and is now a successful Premier League pundit for Sky Sports.

But the 66-year-old lifelong Gers fan admits he hasn’t ruled out a return to Ibrox.

He told Mailsport: “I’d like to be invited back to Rangers in some capacity but it would only be if the people in charge thought I could help.

“One day I’d like to go and be on the board in an advisory role.

“I’m still very active in what I do. I don’t want to be presumptuous or get ahead of myself – but that could be one for the future.”

milan.jpg

This is the real article. The amount of people who actually believed this is mental and just goes to show how easy a rumour can be started.

Can't wait to be playing in £170 Castore tops and sponsored by Louis Vuitton. Very exciting times. If this doesn't attract Ings I'm not sure what will.

A new investor from the Far East was in the Thornton suite for the game against Stranraer in jan
This is an example of people misunderstanding what has been said, which was:

“Do you see that Asian over there in a vest eating Thorntons?”

The rest, pun partially intended, is Chinese whispers.

Last edited:
My boss is based in Asia and is literally worth Billions. He could invest 100 mill in rangers and that'd be chicken feed to him. I keep telling him to buy Rangers and I wouldn't ever ask for a pay rise ever again. I hope he listened....it'd be totally worth it.......

Back