iPhone 8 looking good

Nice one, I'm due an upgrade in February so gives me time to see how it's going.

EDIT: Then I read the whole article. £800. :eek: Can't see me getting that in a reasonable priced contract.

Was very close to going towards Apple when replacing my S5. Was too big of a shitebag and opted for the S8 instead (don't regret it to be honest) but this looks like a great piece of kit.

Upgraded to the 7 last year and TBH didn't see that much of a difference from the 6.

For the inevitable jump in price it'll have to be really good for me to consider it.

My contract ends at the end of this month.

I won't get this on a decent tariff though, not sure what to do.

Had an iPhone since the second version I think, but don't fancy the daft notch at the top that I've seen in the leaked images. Hoping they aren't correct otherwise think I'll move to another phone.

I'll be very pleased, and very surprised, if it's £800 in the U.K. I fully expect it to follow the usual $/£ equivalence nonsense and be £999 at least.

Haven't upgraded since I got my 6 plus, I've just continued to pay my airtime. Will check out the 8 but doubt I'll bother tbh... too much to spend each month for a phone.

I get my mobile from Apple and get a new phone each year as long as you renew your Subscription
the phone is unlocked so you can use any sim card it also comes with Apple care included

My sim only deal is up in November. It's the Samsung Note 8 I really want, but at £870 for the handset it's just way out my price range, as will this, and contracts are starting at £50 odd for 2 years. No wonder less and less people are getting brand new phones

This will push apple 2 years ahead of Samsung and the rest of its rivals. Notice new Galaxy note is priced just shy of $1000. These new generation phones are not cheap. Be interesting to see how the price affects sales.

I am due in upgrade this month but not sure I can justify paying the extra per month to go for this one.

Think I'll be sticking with Android. Naturally the Nokia 8 will be getting bought next Wednesday too

#NokiaLoyal :)

My sim only deal is up in November. It's the Samsung Note 8 I really want, but at £870 for the handset it's just way out my price range, as will this, and contracts are starting at £50 odd for 2 years. No wonder less and less people are getting brand new phones

Same here wanting the note 8 but I'll wait until the price drops

I have the 6 and the mrs got the 7 and dont see much difference.

This one though does look a lot better and I am due an upgrade end of this month :)

I still have the iphone 6 and i'll stick with it, this new piece of tech looks good but far too pricey.

My iphone 6 contract finished last year and said I would just wait for this to come out, so hopefully it is decent. Some of the new features looking promising though.

I'm a bit of a geek with these things and it appears apple have raised the bar with the 8.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/0/iphone-8-release-date-price-news-everything-need-know/
I've got a 6plus with 128gB of memory. Its the best phone I've ever had. Battery is brilliant compared to previous iphones I've had. Contract is due up shortly but I think I am gonnae keep the phone and get a sim only deal. Looks a nice bit of kit and maybe even worth the money. Certainly not worth the increase in function from what I currently have.

I get my mobile from Apple and get a new phone each year as long as you renew your Subscription
the phone is unlocked so you can use any sim card it also comes with Apple care included

Same here mate, just waiting for this to come out now to get it through the apple upgrade programme.

Went from the 6s to the 7 a few weeks back and all in all, the differences are pretty minimal. In all honesty though, it's still a fantastic phone though. For all the android fan-boys moan about it, my iPhones have NEVER slowed down or crashed. iOS is as stable a platform as they come.

I always buy the new iPhone outright every year and can't wait for this one. It means I can get a cheap sim only deal. Current one unlimited calls an texts plus 16gb of data for £16.74pm.
Plus just sold my iPhone 7 plus on Mazuma for £400 that will take the sting out.

Contract ran out a couple of months ago and have been waiting for this, need to see what kind of tariffs they are giving out as it seems a bit pricey

I went from iPhone to Galaxy a few years back and haven't regretted it so far, will take a right good change from Apple to tempt me back (not that Apple give a %^*& about me :D)

My 5S isn't going to last much longer, so need something new. Not sure what's better value for money: paying extra for the new phone or not and getting something out of date.

Was holding off to see the Nokia 8, but crumbled and bought an S8. Nokia 9 rumours also coming?

Wouldn't be surprised to be honest. As decent as the Specs on the 8 are they're still not quite "flagship". Would have liked to have seen bigger screen and better Optics, as well as a camera button.

Still at £499 from Carphone Warehouse and including a free Nokia smart watch I'm prepared to take a punt on it fot now.

Haven't upgraded since I got my 6 plus, I've just continued to pay my airtime. Will check out the 8 but doubt I'll bother tbh... too much to spend each month for a phone.
Snap. I'm on a 6+ and it does everything I need it to.

Got a 7 with my work and there's no real noticeable difference other than no headphone jack.

I'll stick to £20 a month sim only rather than some stupid £65+ a month contract.

I'm just hoping they'll make a significant reduction in the price of the iPhone 7, so I'll have the choice to upgrade my 5S to an iPhone 8 if it looks worth the money, or to a much cheaper iPhone 7 if the 8 looks overpriced.

This thread is absolute proof of how gullible people are with things like this. Paying that much for a phone that can basically do the same things as any cheap one can do.

Been keeping an eye on the 8. Currently got a 6, due to finish the contract this coming January. I think i'll go to the 7 simply for the storage. Think I have 8GB as it is, the main difference with the 7's & 6's is the memory (I could be wrong). The idea of having a 256GB phone over one that gives you a "memory is near full" message everytime you get a WhatsApp. Hoping the 8 will make the 7 cheaper, i'm paying £46 a month the now and really don't want to be going over this; in truth i'd prefer it to be below £40.

Still rumours but like a mug I'll buy it as per usual, although the wireless charger sounds brilliant.

I've the 7+ and it's a great phone.

Upgraded to the 7 last year and TBH didn't see that much of a difference from the 6.

For the inevitable jump in price it'll have to be really good for me to consider it.

I'm the same. Did notice a big difference in the battery though. Lasts a lot longer. Can't see me paying that kind of money though. Stick with the 7 until the price comes down.

This thread is absolute proof of how gullible people are with things like this. Paying that much for a phone that can basically do the same things as any cheap one can do.

In some cases much better as well, like, err, making a phone call.

Currently using an iPhone 6 without any issues, will wait to see how they get on then probably end up getting one in a few months once the rush has died down

Back