Irlam v York City (FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round, BBC Red Button, 12:30)

SM™

Staff member
Now this is the sort of game that makes me wish I still had TV!

Irlam (3rd in Tier 9) take on York City (1st in Tier 6) at Silver Street which has a 500 capacity and is available for hire at all other times from the local council. I cannot confirm whether or not there is dog-shite on the pitch.

Irlam are Salford's second club but unfortunately for them they don't have some arseholes throwing money at them. This stops Irlam cheating their way up the leagues by signing players who would've been playing Europa League games in front of 15,000.

York City have spent most of their history in the lower reaches of the football league but things have become ridiculous for them in recent years and it's been a bit of a shit-show. They are trying to recover from giving Jackie McNamara a job from 2015-18. They also re-named their ground as Kit-Kat Crescent at one point. For f*ck sake.

This is real football!

The glory days at York...

As a City fan, I'm enjoying the fact we're on telly - doesn't happen too often and we don't have a great record when it does.

This is how far we've fallen under a clueless Chairman who made a series of bad managerial appointments culminating in the shitshow that was Jackie Mac.

Hopefully now on the way back under Steve Watson but it's been a tough few years.

Now this is the sort of game that makes me wish I still had TV!

Irlam (3rd in Tier 9) take on York City (1st in Tier 6) at Silver Street which has a 500 capacity and is available for hire at all other times from the local council. I cannot confirm whether or not there is dog-shite on the pitch.

Irlam are Salford's second club but unfortunately for them they don't have some arseholes throwing money at them. This stops Irlam cheating their way up the leagues by signing players who would've been playing Europa League games in front of 15,000.

York City have spent most of their history in the lower reaches of the football league but things have become ridiculous for them in recent years and it's been a bit of a shit-show. They are trying to recover from giving Jackie McNamara a job from 2015-18. They also re-named their ground as Kit-Kat Crescent at one point. For f*ck sake.

This is real football!

The glory days at York...
kit kat cresent???? if i was a fan i would have stuck two fingers up at that.

kit kat cresent???? if i was a fan i would have stuck two fingers up at that.
It was a sponsorship deal with Nestle.

Made us decent money but a bit of a laughing stock at the same time.

Back to good old Bootham Crescent these days although we'll be moving to a new ground later this season or next season.

It was a sponsorship deal with Nestle.

Made us decent money but a bit of a laughing stock at the same time.

Back to good old Bootham Crescent these days although we'll be moving to a new ground later this season or next season.
was a joke mate. kit kat-two fingers...etc etc...good luck to your team though mate. dont ever take a break from follow follow though.

Back