Irvine Bears Advice Please

MearnsUnionist

Lad I know is up from down south on work next week and is staying in Irvine.

He's looking for somewhere to watch the Cowdenbeath game.

He's been told by his workmates from Irvine that all the pubs in the town are pro Rangers, but is there any particular one you'd recommend as the best to watch the game in?

MearnsUnionist

Cheers lads.

FF to the rescue again.

Neither of these pubs had been mentioned to him.

The Burns, The Turf, The Harbour Lights, Snooker Club, Watersports Club were all recommended to him by the bears in his work.

I knew the FF Irvine bears would have a better idea.

joseph

Official Ticketer
My mate has been told there isn't a single tarrier pub in Irvine.
They tend to stick to their supporters club in the town but most pubs apart from the delta have been infiltrated to a mixed 50/50 split - porthead still strongly favours us aroud 80/20 but delta 100% bears

CM13

Official Ticketer
Delta probably biggest rangers boozer won’t be any tarriers in there. Would check with them before hand to see if game will be on with it being premier sports. If not bar sport will definitely have it on.

joseph

Official Ticketer
Delta probably biggest rangers boozer won’t be any tarriers in there. Would check with them before hand to see if game will be on with it being premier sports. If not bar sport will definitely have it on.
Not advertised as such but if you want to see the game go to the delta

bloodandfire

Delta it is then.

Poor lad was planning to head to the Burns as well if it hadn't been for this thread.

It's not even had a mention on here lol.
Here's a mention . . .
IT'S A SHITHOLE frequented by lowlifes.
Only claim to fame is that Jim Baxter was once manager there.
And for all the Delta IS a bluenose pub, one of its claim to fame is the fact they BARRED the bold Jim!

auldyin

Is the Bothan in Broomlands still open? Never in it but I was always told it was 100% sta
The Bothan was never 100% but the supporters club was brilliant, full of maniacs. Seemingly the place is still open but its lucky if 10 people are in on a weekend night

Gauche.

The Bothan was never 100% but the supporters club was brilliant, full of maniacs. Seemingly the place is still open but its lucky if 10 people are in on a weekend night
Thanks, I was told of some of the characters and their japes...a great supporters club apparently.:D

auldyin

Really mate?
Might suprise you.

Saltcoats population 12.2k population and 3.5k tarriers.
I am surprised i thought less than 3.5. I remember when B/Hill, Broomlands was first built everyone in Dreghorn, Irvine etc called it a fenian hole pecentage of RC's at that time was 16%.
I remember when Dreghorn in the mid 60's there were 3 RC families,. Shields,Steele and Doyle